• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Jane Austen's Style Due To Editor?

But what would it matter? The writing is brilliant. The stories are great. The overall picture of life for those other than us peasants is illuminating.

I love reading Jane Austin books.

Cassandra Syndrome

Jane Austin, like William Shakespeare was an excellent pre 20th century psychologist. She excelled at understanding the complicated dynamics between Men and Women.

For example, the character Mr Darcy is a timeless enigma of what attracts women to men. On the one hand, arrogant, over confident, a difficult challenge, but ultimately on the other hand, a complete sense of self control, so much so he could change his ways against the social norms of the time to win the heart of a woman that he loves.

jmcc

But what would it matter? The writing is brilliant. The stories are great. The overall picture of life for those other than us peasants is illuminating.

I love reading Jane Austin books.
But are you reading her books?

Regards...jmcc

But are you reading her books?

Regards...jmcc
Am I not bad enough jmcc, confusing a lunatic even more. Don't care who wrote them. Love them.

Napoleonic wars were raging in Europe and Jane was far too busy with more important stuff.
I know, isn't it disgraceful. When she should have been off fighting on the Russian Front, or manning the guns at Dover Castle. Selfish woman. What am i thinking of.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
I know, isn't it disgraceful. When she should have been off fighting on the Russian Front, or manning the guns at Dover Castle. Selfish woman. What am i thinking of.
:)

You would think at least one of her characters would have at least mentioned the wars.

A teacher pointed that out to me many decades ago.

But I do know, fiction is fiction.