Japan hangs Leader of Aum Shinrikyo cult responsible for Tokyo Underground Nerve Gas attack

Cruimh

Aum Shinrikyo: Japan executes cult leader Shoko Asahara

The leader of Aum Shinrikyo doomsday cult which carried out a deadly nerve gas attack on the Tokyo underground in 1995 has been executed, Japanese media report.

The sarin attack, Japan's worst terror incident, killed 13 people and injured thousands more.

Another 12 Aum Shinrikyo members are awaiting execution.

The executions had been postponed until all those convicted had completed their final appeals.

That happened in January.
Although my basic instinct is to oppose the death penalty I have no sympathy for this man and any other of his followers. I do feel there is something wrong with the delay involved in a case like this where there is no doubt as to the Guilt. Others I would have had no sympathy for would have been Charles Manson and Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Alan Alda

If only Manson,Brady,Brevik and their ilk had used Drones.
Thats how to do murder!
Amirite?:cool:

NYCKY

In general don't oppose the death penalty at all but have softened over the years. It should only be used in extreme cases and where there is no doubt whatsoever about the guilt.

Cases like Hindley, Brady, Manson, McVeigh, Brevik etc and this guy too... No sympathy.... well I do but for the victims.

Karloff

In general don't oppose the death penalty at all but have softened over the years. It should only be used in extreme cases and where there is no doubt whatsoever about the guilt.

Cases like Hindley, Brady, Manson, McVeigh, Brevik etc and this guy too... No sympathy.... well I do but for the victims.
Manson never even killed anyone.

I understand the need for retribution but i think life in prison without the possibility should be the sentence for people like Breivik, Brady etc.

NYCKY

Manson never even killed anyone.

I understand the need for retribution but i think life in prison without the possibility should be the sentence for people like Breivik, Brady etc.
I think you are over simplifying things a tad.

Remind us why was Manson in prison again?

Alan Alda

I think you are over simplifying things a tad.

Remind us why was Manson in prison again?
Well not for murder anyway.
Why dont you tell us why ?

My opinion would be that it was a political thing.
(no evidence,just bantz)

NYCKY

Ok , what did he do wrong , mother theresa?
What was the actual evidence ,Columbo?
Stop defending Charles Manson. It's late and you will (or who knows, might) regret it in the morning.

Alan Alda

Stop defending Charles Manson. It's late and you will (or who knows, might) regret it in the morning.
F u. Im tattooing a swastika on my forehead with some ink and a needle and thread as we speak!
Not. Just bants.

Dont you know Tarantino is making a trendy and glamorous movie about Manson?

Im doing an irony thing!
But yes , it is late.

Last edited:

devoutcapitalist

Some media outlets are reporting that a total of 7 people including Asahara were executed. Apparently another 6 people responsible for this atrocity are on death row.

A deserved punishment but why did the trial take 8 years.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
He should have been tortured for the rest of his life

Drugs
Knifing
Electric shocks
Creepy crawlies
Dental work
Nail pulling
Daniel O'Donnell
Sleep deprivation
Weird music
Etc

Cyp

Massey

He should have been tortured for the rest of his life

Drugs
Knifing
Electric shocks
Creepy crawlies
Dental work
Nail pulling
Daniel O'Donnell
Sleep deprivation
Weird music
Etc

Cyp
Speaking of sleep deprivation, have you stopped taking your anti-psychotics Cyp?

CookieMonster

Aum Shinrikyo: Japan executes cult leader Shoko Asahara

Although my basic instinct is to oppose the death penalty I have no sympathy for this man and any other of his followers. I do feel there is something wrong with the delay involved in a case like this where there is no doubt as to the Guilt. Others I would have had no sympathy for would have been Charles Manson and Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.
Nope. Regardless of his crimes the state should not kill people in the name of Justice.

parentheses

AFAIK the death penalty is now constitutionally prohibited in Ireland.

I remember a case years ago where somebody was sentenced to death for killing a Guard. Newspapers reported the execution cell was being readied.. But a pardon was issued just before the execution.

GDPR

Nope. Regardless of his crimes the state should not kill people in the name of Justice.
They're just about to vote to allow the killing of them for anything up to personal convenience and with your complete agreement, so why not?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies