Jarry Says Bombs Bullets and Bullsh*t Haven't Worked...

cricket

Oops dear, this discussion couldn't be an attempt to counter and divert from the SF making progress thread !! Oh japers the Shinners certainly making their mark !
It's the man who was never a member who has opened up this flank. He's in essence saying that they might have got it wrong over 40 years ago. A bit fooking late now for thousands.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Well, Gerry has to distract attention from the various failures .... NO UI by 2016, not only not in Government on both sides of the border they are now out of Government on both sides of the border that Gerry said he was going to get rid of by 2016 .... and hell, even though they took, by fair means or foul, all the nationalist seats in Westminster they have ended up strengthening the DUP's influence .....
Having to share power over your dead bodies with SF/IRA.... SF second largest party in Ireland..... temporarily proping up the Tory's who will inevitably stab you in the back with United Ireland lefty Corbyn taking over ;)

occams_butterknife

A bit fooking late now for thousands.
This was my first thought too... even though I reprimanded myself a bit for being 'unforgiving'. he will never escape this reaction from a large proportion of the Irish people.

How does this forgiveness thing work though? I mean, he is walking free... if that's not forgiveness, what is? Forgiveness isn't respect.. sometimes it's the absence of punishment and an agreement to be law-abiding in future (being law-abiding is another party that Adams was late too, of course).

I wish he'd count his lucky stars and feck off out of public life, tbh.

the secretary

He's a slow learner.

eoghanacht

The Orange State was smashed.

Because of Brexit an UI is now more feasible and looking more likely to happen.

Suck it up bridgey.

We'll allow the OO march down O'Connell Street past the sex shop and the gaming arcades unmolested into the traffic along the quays.

Only codding we'll stop the traffic, I think there's a lodge in Molesworth Street.

Spanner Island

Can we not get SF, DUP, UVF, IRA blah blah blah merged into the NI forum please?

Talk about tedious, self obsessed and utterly boring sh!te...

Yep... that's NI... FFS... :roll:

Lord Talbot

How about a bit of goodwill from our side - teach them how to Walk - I know the excuse is that it is a result of the penal laws, but I saw one of their Easter Parades - they were all over the place.
Easter is the south's July. It all gets a bit weird for a few days and the decent folk are indoors or abroad.

Sweet Darling

This was my first thought too... even though I reprimanded myself a bit for being 'unforgiving'. he will never escape this reaction from a large proportion of the Irish people.

How does this forgiveness thing work though? I mean, he is walking free... if that's not forgiveness, what is? Forgiveness isn't respect.. sometimes it's the absence of punishment and an agreement to be law-abiding in future (being law-abiding is another party that Adams was late too, of course).

He must first Repent. the Two faced liar

runwiththewind

It's the man who was never a member who has opened up this flank. He's in essence saying that they might have got it wrong over 40 years ago. A bit fooking late now for thousands.
Until indepedence Ireland always had the wrong leaders. NI still has.

runwiththewind

Forgiveness, à là the Catholic church, Protestant churches and their facilitators in FF/FG/LAB you mean. All walking free and enjoying their retirements, the politicians on their big fat pensions, paid for by you and me, while 500 little bodies await a proper burial.

Hypocrisy for many Irish knows no limits. It seems violence is acceptable once its carried out by the CC, FF/FG/LAB, the Irish state, British soldiers/security/state. All forgiven and forgotten.

runwiththewind

Easter is the south's July. It all gets a bit weird for a few days and the decent folk are indoors or abroad.
What happened Easter 2017? I obviously missed it.

McSlaggart

Having made more U turns than a plumbing supplies manufacturer and pocketed more industry average 30 pieces than Judas, the bould Djarrygando aka dear leader for life, has begun instructing the cult disciples to hug an orangie...

"We need a new approach, one which unlocks unionist opposition to a new Ireland by reminding them of their historic place here and of the positive contribution they have made to society on this island," Mr Adams said.

"It also demands that we look at what unionists mean by their sense of Britishness and be willing to explore and to be open to new concepts," he said.

He added: "In particular, we need to address the future role of the Orange, its place in an agreed Ireland.

We need new approach to convince unionists about united Ireland - Gerry Adams - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Tbf tis a start but he'll have to learn how to sit up and beg...

ticketyboo

Having made more U turns than a plumbing supplies manufacturer and pocketed more industry average 30 pieces than Judas, the bould Djarrygando aka dear leader for life, has begun instructing the cult disciples to hug an orangie...

"We need a new approach, one which unlocks unionist opposition to a new Ireland by reminding them of their historic place here and of the positive contribution they have made to society on this island," Mr Adams said.

"It also demands that we look at what unionists mean by their sense of Britishness and be willing to explore and to be open to new concepts," he said.

He added: "In particular, we need to address the future role of the Orange, its place in an agreed Ireland.

We need new approach to convince unionists about united Ireland - Gerry Adams - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Tbf tis a start but he'll have to learn how to sit up and beg...
I'm probably with you on this....I think fifty per cent plus one is the only game in town....it's perfectly obvious to me that unionism will never see any benefits or desirability in a United Ireland....of course you now have the added bonus of a southern Lundy who thinks we now need a majority of the majority....those of you who attend creationist services tomorrow will have a new song, eh..."what a friend we have in Leo"....

puffin

If Mr Adams is sincere, he should resign, he has blood on his hands,

occams_butterknife

Forgiveness, à là the Catholic church, Protestant churches and their facilitators in FF/FG/LAB you mean. All walking free and enjoying their retirements, the politicians on their big fat pensions, paid for by you and me, while 500 little bodies await a proper burial.

Hypocrisy for many Irish knows no limits. It seems violence is acceptable once its carried out by the CC, FF/FG/LAB, the Irish state, British soldiers/security/state. All forgiven and forgotten.
Calm down.

When the steroids start to wear off, you'll observe that Gerry has already been forgiven.

He is walking free.

The CC has been forgiven too. They walk free.

The bankers. Don't forget them.

And the cronies in government in the Republic before and during the crash. They've been forgiven too.

Sickening in many ways, isn't it?

Let's call it an experiment in kindness and hope for the best. (Or, make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.)

BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, the CC is not exactly riding a massive wave of popularity in the Republic, is it? No. Nor are bankers. Or politicians, for that matter.

We already have a bunch of clowns down here, thanks very much. Why you think that people like Adams that have been very closely associated with terrorist violence will be widely regarded by people across the Republic as a positive addition to an alerady very imperfect country is beyond me.

runwiththewind

Calm down.

When the steroids start to wear off, you'll observe that Gerry has already been forgiven.

He is walking free.

The CC has been forgiven too. They walk free.

The bankers. Don't forget them.

And the cronies in government in the Republic before and during the crash. They've been forgiven too.

Sickening in many ways, isn't it?

Let's call it an experiment in kindness and hope for the best. (Or, make sure we don't make the same mistakes again.)

BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, the CC is not exactly riding a massive wave of popularity in the Republic, is it? No. Nor are bankers. Or politicians, for that matter.

We already have a bunch of clowns down here, thanks very much. Why you think that people like Adams that have been very closely associated with terrorist violence will be widely regarded by people across the Republic as a positive addition to an alerady very imperfect country is beyond me.
They all walk free and are still in power. Nothing has changed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

occams_butterknife

They all walk free and are still in power. Nothing has changed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
Same in NI.. what have the likes of Sinn Fein and the DUP presided over? Years of conflict and a mealy-mouthed peace. Peace walls. Arguing over flags and marches. It's a society that has been infantalized by conflict.

But they all walk free and are still in power too!

Nothing has changed.

Fullforward

Tina does look a bit George Gallowayish there - as do Mary Lou and R'Chelle....

How about a bit of goodwill from our side - teach them how to Walk - I know the excuse is that it is a result of the penal laws, but I saw one of their Easter Parades - they were all over the place.
Don't send them to your planter school in Portadown or they will only learn how to stand on a hill and cry.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies