• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Jean Claude Juncker: "Europe's demons are only sleeping"

Dublin 4

A senior European politician has made the extraordinary claim that resentment of Germany by the Mediterranean countries has "chilling" parallels with complacency in 1913 that led to the First World War.
The way in which some political figures in Germany had been criticised in Greece has left "deep wounds" Mr Juncker said. He said the Italian election was also "excessively hostile to Germany and therefore anti-European".

Jean Claude Juncker: Europe's demons are only sleeping - Telegraph

Have to confess I'm not a Junkbag fan myself - bit of a clown...

Is Junkbag on the right track regarding Germany?

Is Merko merely now ensuring that Germany is surrounded by a wall of hate?

German Banks are in bad shape & their hidden Debt mountain is a Discussion I'll return to at another juncture.

We know that a new Anti-EU Party has started in Germany- this might come to something or nothing.

Has the Euro Crisis instigated an Antebellum after which the "Fatherland" will once more become The Target????

ruserious

You have an ability to start threads whereby the opening line has nothing to do whatsoever with the final line. Adds in some pictures for good measure too.

Dublin 4

Yeah- right... :roll:

Disillusioned democrat

There was an interesting interview on RTE last week about the scale of debt that the United Nations allowed Germany to write off after the WW2, including a huge chunk of the WW1 debt.

Germany has made it clear that the still believe in "Deutschland über alles" because, it seems, their banks are right when everyone elses' banks were wrong and they're relatively happy to make everyone else pay their banks gambling debts.

If the UN hadn't cajoled counties into writing off the debt Germany would probably still be an economic backwater.

That's bound to earn a little resentment, to be fair.

Éireann go Brách

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, It is the only way to be sure.

[video=youtube;2s1MspmfEwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1MspmfEwg[/video]

Dan_Murphy

There was an interesting interview on RTE last week about the scale of debt that the United Nations allowed Germany to write off after the WW2, including a huge chunk of the WW1 debt.

Germany has made it clear that the still believe in "Deutschland über alles" because, it seems, their banks are right when everyone elses' banks were wrong and they're relatively happy to make everyone else pay their banks gambling debts.

If the UN hadn't cajoled counties into writing off the debt Germany would probably still be an economic backwater.

That's bound to earn a little resentment, to be fair.
If they hadn't written off the war debt, Germany would have probably geared up for round 3.

Mad as Fish

German Banks are in bad shape & their hidden Debt mountain is a Discussion I'll return to at another juncture.

Bring it on!

it seems, their banks are right when everyone elses' banks were wrong and they're relatively happy to make everyone else pay their banks gambling debts.

Yep.

It's about the whole charade of Germany's efficiency, sweetness and innocence is blown clean away. The trouble is that the country is still seen through the prism of WWII when in fact the national traits we associate with them can be traced back far further than that.

Dan_Murphy

Not if they as well as japan had been put back to the stoneage which is exactly what should have happened to them
Not really. Thats what the attempted post WW1 and was one of the causes of WW2.

While I can entirely appreciate that Japans denial of their dark history is shameful, why should they or Germany have been put back to the stone age?

Mad as Fish

Not if they as well as japan had been put back to the stoneage which is exactly what should have happened to them
Between the end of the war and the start of the Marshal Plan Britain wanted to cap Germany's steel production to 12m tonnes, France wanted a figure of 3m tonnes imposed instead, but they never did get on with their neighbour. A lot of German factories that weren't bombed were actually dismantled by the allies to try and keep the country in its place.

Japan recovered remarkably well for a country with little in the way of natural resources. The history of Honda has been widely written about and offers a window into how it happened, a strong home market for a product in short supply was the company's saviour. Like Japan, Ireland has no real natural resources but unlike them it hasn't a massive home market for any particular product.

Mad as Fish

Germany would have been turned into the worlds biggest carpark by the yanks. More is the pity they did'nt.
Err... The yanks gave them an awful lot of money to get started again in 1948.

Porkypie

IMF and ECB fear deepening Euro Crisis. The German Finance Minister, Wolfgang Schauble and his advisers, are very concerned about the latest setbacks to the EZ recovery, caused by developments in Italy and the continuing stagnation of the French economy. Draghi is merely buying time with his occasional "Pat" on the head according to a report in Spiegel. Not a single problem in the currency zone has been definitively resolved and some are questioning if the European Central Bank might have to intervene again.

www.spiegel.de/international/europe/fears-of-return-of-euro-crisis-plague-central-bankers-and-imf-a-886681.html

www.spiegel.de/international/topic/euro_crisis/ - "Is the Euro Crisis About To Return"

Last edited:

paulp

Germany would have been turned into the worlds biggest carpark by the yanks. More is the pity they did'nt.
Really, you don't think the Russians on the doorstep would have objected?
Or that Germany wouldn't have been able to develop their own nuclear capability?
And are you really suggesting that killing every German man woman and child would have been a good thing?

Ribeye

I dunno,

I kinda like Jens Weidmann, and I flippin love the blonde Oktoberfest girl from that photo, you know the one:)

Analyzer

Europe's demons are sleeping.

And there I was believing the hype that the stories from Pravda that they were trying to "hammer out a deal" or "take steps to resolve the impasse", or "bring a resolution about"........

And now one of them tells me they are sleeping.

morganferriter

Jean Claude Juncker: Europe's demons are only sleeping - Telegraph

Have to confess I'm not a Junkbag fan myself - bit of a clown...

Is Junkbag on the right track regarding Germany?

Is Merko merely now ensuring that Germany is surrounded by a wall of hate?

We know that a new Anti-EU Party has started in Germany- this might come to something or nothing.

Has the Euro Crisis instigated an Antebellum after which the "Fatherland" will once more become The Target????
I know the text on the emblem he is pictured in front of is Greek, but the icon in the centre of the first image looks like the first cousin of a swastika.. or is it me?

stopdoingstuff

This is another one of those "must have EU or there will be genocide" tropes that occasionally comes out of Brussels whenever there is a slight outbreak of democracy or dissent.

Dublin 4

I know the text on the emblem he is pictured in front of is Greek, but the icon in the centre of the first image looks like the first cousin of a swastika.. or is it me?
That's Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn - 3rd Biggest Party in Greece!

They had a rally last month in Athens with 100K in attendance.

Between Berlo & Co in Italy, Golden Dawn etc the Eurozone Crisis is very much alive & the EU is very much unstable...

Analyzer

This is another one of those "must have EU or there will be genocide" tropes that occasionally comes out of Brussels whenever there is a slight outbreak of democracy or dissent.
There must be a transfer to even more power to the clowns in Brussels/the spoofers in the ECB/Goldmine Sucks

or else there will be a return to tyranny....

The whole thing is Orwellian.

In fact it is worse than that. It is complete bullsh!t.

The problem is the centralization of power, welath, decision making to corrupt, unaccountable, dishonest liars like Juncker.

And like Pat Rabbitte, Juncker is another chap who thinks that lying to people is what a politician does in a democracy.

patfitzbally

Juncker is just a german/eu lackie trying to scaremonger the southern countries to continuing to carry out the austerity measures less it causes war.who,s he kidding?