• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Jeremy Clarkson silenced?

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a deal for a new motoring show with Amazon.

Ex-Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May sign for Amazon Prime - Independent.ie
They must've ponied up some big bucks to get the show over Netflix. They just had a big sales event to try to get more people to sign up for Prime, and now this. I have Prime, but mainly because of the free shipping and countless free books to read. Their player, however is pretty terrible, and isn't something I use. Also, they will either need to expand the list of countries they're available in, or sell on the show for broadcast locally.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Continuity Top Gear is decent enough. Nice opening with Liam and Fiachra and the Flowers doing I Can See Clearly Now.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Yes I was surprised to see Hothouse Flowers given that gig which will have raised their profile substantially- good choon well played as well. Always been curious about that Top Gear and now Grand Tour thing even though I very rarely see any television at all and have very little interest in cars either.

The irreverent and fairly adolescent humour of the presenters was always going to come up against the po-faced BBC though at some point which has a hideous strand in middle management convinced of its mission to lead the people of Britain toward 'rightness' which can stifle creativity fairly quickly.

You can see a lot of money has been spent on the new show and where the money has been spent.

They'll get that investment back in spades I should imagine with world wide licensing of Grand Tour.

The presenters format has been lucky in timing coming as it has with a general wave of tedium with the safe formats of the past and its cheekiness seems to have hit the sweet spot with a lot of people who will never own more than a plastic japanese shopping trolley.

The success of the show and its presenters is fairly phenomenal when you think that in reality it came out of a 1970s car magazine style set up originally.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies