• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Jerry McCabe killing: 20 years ago today. A lesson from history?

johnny365

Today is the 20th Anniversary of the killing of Jerry McCabe by the Provisional IRA in Adare County Limerick. It's a moment we should never forget, the moment a brave Garda and public servant was gunned down in an attempt to steal public money by the PIRA to fund its sectarian war machine.

We should never forget this and the disgusting campaign of intimidation of witnesses. The role of SF in its disgusting campaign to free the killers should never be forgotten. It should be a lesson from history that SF should never be left gain power in this state. The sickening pictures of SF reps standing shoulder to shoulder with Garda killers. The sickening display by Ferris love bombing the killers on release from prison and the contempt for the McCabe family.

RIP Jerry McCabe, law abiding citizens salute you for your bravery in serving our state.

20th anniversary of Jerry McCabe's death marked - RTÉ News

Barna

Nobody cares anymore.
It's been milked to death by political opportunists and by trolls on internet forums like this one.
People can only cry wolf so many times and then it's irrelevant.
Zoo.

White Horse

Those who value freedom and democracy will never forget people like Det. McCabe.

RodShaft

Today is the 20th Anniversary of the killing of Jerry McCabe by the Provisional IRA in Adare County Limerick. It's a moment we should never forget, the moment a brave Garda and public servant was gunned down in an attempt to steal public money by the PIRA to fund its sectarian war machine.

We should never forget this and the disgusting campaign of intimidation of witnesses. The role of SF in its disgusting campaign to free the killers should never be forgotten. It should be a lesson from history that SF should never be left gain power in this state. The sickening pictures of SF reps standing shoulder to shoulder with Garda killers. The sickening display by Ferris love bombing the killers on release from prison and the contempt for the McCabe family.

RIP Jerry McCabe, law abiding citizens salute you for your bravery in serving our state.

Well done.

You even spelled his name correctly.

You probably should seek help for your obsession though.

The Field Marshal

Nobody cares anymore.
At least 200 people turned out in Adare today to commemorate the late Sgt Mc Cabe.
His widow and orphans certainly care.

It's been milked to death by political opportunists and by trolls on internet forums like this one.
People can only cry wolf so many times and then it's irrelevant.
Zoo.
Who is crying wolf?

Sgt. Mc Cabe was murdered in cold blood by the IRA during a robbery.

Sinn Fein see no problem with that.

Just what exactly is your position?

RodShaft

Those who value freedom and democracy will never forget people like Det. McCabe.
Really?

Because if you stopped the average person on the street, they wouldn't know who he was.

The Field Marshal

Really?

Because if you stopped the average person on the street, they wouldn't know who he was.
Your obnoxious condescension almost matches your abysmal ignorance.

:roll:

Sgt Mc Cabe was murdered in cold blood by the PIRA .

It is an event well remembered on the island for the callous execution of a man doing his job.

former wesleyan

Really?

I think that if there was a vox pop on who Garda Jerry McCabe was the majority of mature people would know.

RodShaft

Your obnoxious condescension almost matches your abysmal ignorance.

:roll:

Sgt Mc Cabe was murdered in cold blood by the PIRA .

It is an event well remembered on the island for the callous execution of a man doing his job.
Not really.

You live in a bubble.

RodShaft

I think that if there was a vox pop on who Garda Jerry McCabe was the majority of mature people would know.

You mean people of your age group and socio economic background.

Loving your caveat, you oleaginous semen drip.

Ramon Mercadar

The Irish Independent named the missing suspects in the case yesterday. Paul Williams didn't just say "allegedly" but baldly stated that A did this and B did that.

Would likely make any trial difficult if not impossible.

former wesleyan

SeanieFitz

Good post, the only change I could suggest it to the thread title. I would have used the term murder rather than killing.

Some poster named "Barna" (named after the robbery maybe) mentioned that nobody cares anymore, well I care and I know many people that care. I expect his wife, family and friends also care.
This is one of the (many) incidents that SF/IRA want to brush under the carpet, nothing to see here now, move along.

RodShaft

Good post, the only change I could suggest it to the thread title. I would have used the term murder rather than killing.

Some poster named "Barna" (named after the robbery maybe) mentioned that nobody cares anymore, well I care and I know many people that care. I expect his wife, family and friends also care.
This is one of the (many) incidents that SF/IRA want to brush under the carpet, nothing to see here now, move along.
Oh some people care.

His family and friends for obvious reasons.

Randomers on the internet, for less obvious reasons.

hollandia

The Irish Independent named the missing suspects in the case yesterday. Paul Williams didn't just say "allegedly" but baldly stated that A did this and B did that.

Would likely make any trial difficult if not impossible.
This is actually a very serious issue. And one which is not confined to the issue of subversives/terrorists/freedom fighters* (delete as appropriate to you political viewpoint). The tabloids (including the indo) are awash with gangland "details", which will cause havoc if any of the the perpetrators are brought to court.

A subtler view of this is that in the media's falling over themselves to condemn the activities of the IRA, they are actually subverting any attempts to bring successful court cases, though I don't believe the political will is there to do so anyway, twenty years down the line.

I'd suggest that more stringent regulation of the media is required in the instances of live criminal investigations. Furthermore, as far as the media is concerned, AGS is leaking like a sieve. I'd suggest that stronger measures are taken to prevent this.

The Field Marshal

Sinn Fein never fully accepted responsibility for the murder of Sgt G.Mc Cabe.

Their utter contempt and hatred for the southern Irish state and its institutions was fully revealed by this attitude.

hollandia

Sinn Fein never fully accepted responsibility for the murder of Sgt G.Mc Cabe.

Their utter contempt and hatred for the southern Irish state and its institutions was fully revealed by this attitude.
SF didn't kill him. The IRA did.

former wesleyan

HarshBuzz

Oh some people care.

His family and friends for obvious reasons.

Randomers on the internet, for less obvious reasons.
is there a list of things that internet randomers (including yourself) can and can't care about?

for example you seem to have strong opinions below. Using your own criteria, I posit that you have no right to care about such things.

When Kenny took on the leadership role in Fine Gael, it was at a time when the future of that scummy party was in question. There was a feeling that they were on their last legs and might not survive. No one expected him to last very long.

Howsoever you credit it, the party was turned around in his tenure.

There was an attempted heave, and his demise as leader was confidently predicted. Instead the heavers were cut off at the balls.

I hate the cúnt. I hate his party. I hate his party's supporters. I cannot tell you how little regard I have for the right wing fascist pr1cks.

Unlike others, I am not prepared to live and let live. I rejoice in their hardship. I feel no sympathy for Noonan with the loss of his wife. My only thought is that it served the slimy wánkstain right for what he did to Bridget McCole.

But.

To accuse Kenny of being un-intelligent, when all that appears to satisfy that requirement is the sort of low cunning exhibited by Bertie Ahern, is naive.

He is as capable as Ahern was in terms of hanging onto power. Which in the end, is all that matters to any of the cúnts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies