• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Jerry McCabe's killers still complaining

Limerick Lad

When will the muderers of Garda Jerry McCabe finally accept that they are criminals and serve their lawful prison term without complaint?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Limerick Lad said:
When will the muderers of Garda Jerry McCabe finally accept that they are criminals and serve their lawful prison term without complaint?
They've made no complaint about serving out their prison terms

Limerick Lad

rockofcashel said:
Kevin Walsh, Michael O'Neill, Pearse McAuley and Jeremiah Sheehy claim that since early 2004, they have been consistently refused any form of temporary release. RTE News 27/11/06

Sounds like a complaint to me. Temporary releases are at the discretion of the Minister for Justice and therefore not a right.

KeithM

Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:
Kevin Walsh, Michael O'Neill, Pearse McAuley and Jeremiah Sheehy claim that since early 2004, they have been consistently refused any form of temporary release. RTE News 27/11/06

Sounds like a complaint to me. Temporary releases are at the discretion of the Minister for Justice and therefore not a right.
I hope that when they do get out that the DPP goes after them for trying to obstruct the course of justice for the interference with witnesses. These b******s should rot in prison until they die.

marie_o

Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:

The issue relates to one of them being refused permission to visit his ill and elderly father in hospital. Standard practice in the prison service allows temporary release in circumstances such as this.

ireland2004

KeithM said:
Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:

I hope that when they do get out that the DPP goes after them for trying to obstruct the course of justice for the interference with witnesses. These b******s should rot in prison until they die.
So should you.

Pidge

KeithM said:
Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:

I presume that the same thing applies to the killers of RUC officers, eh?

KeithM

Pidge said:
KeithM said:
Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:

I believe that when anyone kills a member of the police in ANY country that there should be a mandatory life sentence with no remission.

White Horse

KeithM said:
I believe that when anyone kills a member of the police in ANY country that there should be a mandatory life sentence with no remission.
Murdering a Guard should be a capital crime and those found guilty should be hanged. There would be no wingeing about "early release" then.

Limerick Lad

marie_o said:
The issue relates to one of them being refused permission to visit his ill and elderly father in hospital. Standard practice in the prison service allows temporary release in circumstances such as this.
They are all seeking temporary release, not just the one with an elderly father and even if this is standard practice it's not a right but may be allowed for compassionate reasons.
Seeing as this bunch were not very compassionate to Jerry McCabe when they shot him in cold blood on the main street in Adare they have forfeited their rights in this regard until their prison term is finished.

Pidge

KeithM said:
Pidge said:
No mitigating circumstances so? Can I ask why you believe that?

I also take it that you're against the GFA.

Limerick Lad said:
Seeing as this bunch were not very compassionate to Jerry McCabe when they shot him in cold blood on the main street in Adare they have forfeited their rights in this regard until their prison term is finished.
Thankfully, that's not how it works. Rapists, for example, still have a right to protection from rape in prison. Murderers still have a right not to be murdered in prison by a prisoner.

ireland2004

KeithM said:
Pidge said:
KeithM said:
Limerick Lad said:
rockofcashel said:

Just the Police?

bobbysands81

White Horse said:
KeithM said:
Murdering a Guard should be a capital crime and those found guilty should be hanged. There would be no wingeing about "early release" then.
So you agree with murder?

Didn't have you down as a man of violence what with all your pontificating on here.

marie_o

Limerick Lad said:
They are all seeking temporary release, not just the one with an elderly father and even if this is standard practice it's not a right but may be allowed for compassionate reasons.
The court case is not about seeking temporary release, but pointing out that it has been denied to them consistently for the past two years.

Seeing as they were denied early release under the Good Friday Agreement, (which I'm not saying they were entitled to) the courts and Minister have decided they are standard prisoners, and therefore should be treated as such. Any other prisoner would be granted temporary release for compassionate reasons.

White Horse

bobbysands81 said:
White Horse said:
KeithM said:
So you agree with murder?

Didn't have you down as a man of violence what with all your pontificating on here.
I've never claimed to opposed to violence or to be a pacifist. There are crimes so serious that the ultimate price should be paid. Murdering a person whose job is the protection of the State is one of those.

KeithM

marie_o said:
[quote="Limerick Lad":ki6nmpa9]They are all seeking temporary release, not just the one with an elderly father and even if this is standard practice it's not a right but may be allowed for compassionate reasons.
The court case is not about seeking temporary release, but pointing out that it has been denied to them consistently for the past two years.

Seeing as they were denied early release under the Good Friday Agreement, (which I'm not saying they were entitled to) the courts and Minister have decided they are standard prisoners, and therefore should be treated as such. Any other prisoner would be granted temporary release for compassionate reasons.[/quote:ki6nmpa9]

"Any other prisoner" didn't try to interfere with witnesses resulting in a conviction on a lesser crime.

bobbysands81

So you do believe in violence then - you say that these people should be killed so you believe in violence to further your goals.

...and what happens if the police service are corrupt?

Gerrry

Website
www.sligowhiplash.com
KeithM said:
marie_o said:
[quote="Limerick Lad":8uz8cgyc]They are all seeking temporary release, not just the one with an elderly father and even if this is standard practice it's not a right but may be allowed for compassionate reasons.

Seeing as they were denied early release under the Good Friday Agreement, (which I'm not saying they were entitled to) the courts and Minister have decided they are standard prisoners, and therefore should be treated as such. Any other prisoner would be granted temporary release for compassionate reasons.
"Any other prisoner" didn't try to interfere with witnesses resulting in a conviction on a lesser crime.[/quote:8uz8cgyc]

What prisoner interfered with witnesses?

Limerick Lad

It is understood that the IRA man applied for compassionate leave and the authorities were not aware until after the leave was granted that he planned to get married. He also held a stag party during his four days of freedom.
Friends of Ann McCabe, the widow of Garda McCabe, said she was “devastated” by the events of the weekend. “They are absolutely furious. The government obviously thinks that these men have the right to marry. But Jerry had the right to a life and Ann had a right to her husband – something these men didn’t care anything about,” one said.

I think the above events are the reason that temporary release is being denied to these men.

mothball

Limerick Lad said:
It is understood that the IRA man applied for compassionate leave and the authorities were not aware until after the leave was granted that he planned to get married. He also held a stag party during his four days of freedom.
Friends of Ann McCabe, the widow of Garda McCabe, said she was “devastated” by the events of the weekend. “They are absolutely furious. The government obviously thinks that these men have the right to marry. But Jerry had the right to a life and Ann had a right to her husband – something these men didn’t care anything about,” one said.

I think the above events are the reason that temporary release is being denied to these men.
Leaving aside the fact that they should have been released by now, they have served enough time for the manslaughter of this man.