• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Jerusalem Museum Of Tolerance Built On Muslim Graves

Cael

The museum, being built atop an ancient Muslim cemetery, is a project of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, whose founder Rabbi Marvin Hier envisions the museum as a "great landmark promoting the principles of mutual respect and social responsibility." The site had been a cemetery for at least one thousand years, and building required the excavation of peoples’ remains.

Palestine Monitor - Jerusalem Museum Of Tolerance

Sync

Others have expressed concern over the focus of the museum on tolerance amongst Jews, rather than tolerance between Jews and Arabs.
Winner. The idea of building a religion specific Museum of Tolerance is oxmoronic. The idea of doing it in the centre of Jerusalem on top of Muslim graves is just plain moronic. Ghery pulled out of this last year btw.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
This Museum is the perfect embodiment of Israel's double-standards on "tolerance".

L'Chaim

This Muslim graveyard is an act of deception. I posted about this a few weeks ago. It's an act of fraud by Islamic officials. They erected over 300 false graves/tombstones in an attempt to steal state land. This 'graveyard' hasn't been used in nearly 100 years and the only thing bothering these Islamic officials is that a Jewish based organisation is going to use it to build a museum. And yet they had no problem using this 'graveyard' before the state of Israel came into being to build “a six-storey building to house the Supreme Muslem Council and other offices, a four-storey hotel, a bank and other buildings suitable for it, a college, a club and a factory” directly over the cemetery" back in 1945. They didn't care then that it was an old cemetery. Their only issue is that Jews are building on it. Tolerance and mutual respect isn't even in the vocabulary of these Muslim officials. They wouldn't know what mutual respect is.......especially when it comes to Jews

Fake graves cleared from J'lem cemetery

former wesleyan

The museum, being built atop an ancient Muslim cemetery, is a project of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, whose founder Rabbi Marvin Hier envisions the museum as a "great landmark promoting the principles of mutual respect and social responsibility." The site had been a cemetery for at least one thousand years, and building required the excavation of peoples’ remains.
The Simon Wiesenthal Centre has no connection to Simon Wiesenthal at all. It's owned by the Hillal family of dubious provenance after Wiesenthal imagined that they'd continue his work. Some hope.

splashy

The Simon Wiesenthal Centre has no connection to Simon Wiesenthal at all. It's owned by the Hillal family of dubious provenance after Wiesenthal imagined that they'd continue his work. Some hope.
Don't they? They always get mentioned in news articles whenever some octogenarian German is hauled out of a retirement home to face war-crimes charges.

former wesleyan

Don't they? They always get mentioned in news articles whenever some octogenarian German is hauled out of a retirement home to face war-crimes charges.
Exactly. That and parrotting ADLs talking points.

martino

This Muslim graveyard is an act of deception. I posted about this a few weeks ago. It's an act of fraud by Islamic officials. They erected over 300 false graves/tombstones in an attempt to steal state land. This 'graveyard' hasn't been used in nearly 100 years and the only thing bothering these Islamic officials is that a Jewish based organisation is going to use it to build a museum. And yet they had no problem using this 'graveyard' before the state of Israel came into being to build “a six-storey building to house the Supreme Muslem Council and other offices, a four-storey hotel, a bank and other buildings suitable for it, a college, a club and a factory” directly over the cemetery" back in 1945. They didn't care then that it was an old cemetery. Their only issue is that Jews are building on it. Tolerance and mutual respect isn't even in the vocabulary of these Muslim officials. They wouldn't know what mutual respect is.......especially when it comes to Jews

Fake graves cleared from J'lem cemetery
You're unbelievable; the double standards are breathtaking. Take this case of an old Jewish cemetery, last used about 500 years ago. Building was proposed but condemned by Jewish groups; surprise, surprise, even the US Foreign Affairs Committee were quick to make their disapproval known.

Israeli experts seek old Jewish cemetery site in Lithuania - Monsters and Critics

Could it be the hormones in the beef that makes you so aggresive?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZnQmc3U9I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Agriprocessors kosher slaughterhouse - A 2nd investigation[/ame]

Last edited:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
You're unbelievable; the double standards are breathtaking. Take this case of an old Jewish cemetery, last used about 500 years ago. Building was proposed but condemned by Jewish groups; surprise, surprise, even the US Foreign Affairs Committee were also quick to make their disapproval known.

Israeli experts seek old Jewish cemetery site in Lithuania - Monsters and Critics

Could it be the hormones in the beef that makes you so aggresive?

YouTube - Agriprocessors kosher slaughterhouse - A 2nd investigation
+1`The Israelis are taking their cue from the Germans who destroyed some of their cemetries during WW2. As ever, the Zionists are treating others as their relatives were treated. They re-enact Guernica every few weeks in Gaza....

Cael

This Muslim graveyard is an act of deception. I posted about this a few weeks ago. It's an act of fraud by Islamic officials. They erected over 300 false graves/tombstones in an attempt to steal state land. This 'graveyard' hasn't been used in nearly 100 years

If a graveyard exists, it doesnt stop existing after 100 years. Your post is the real fraud.

L'Chaim

You're unbelievable; the double standards are breathtaking. Take this case of an old Jewish cemetery, last used about 500 years ago. Building was proposed but condemned by Jewish groups; surprise, surprise, even the US Foreign Affairs Committee were also quick to make their disapproval known.

]
Not double standards at all. The Islamic officials in Jerusalem had no objection at all to building over the graveyard that wasn't used any more. They were willing to build offices, a bank, a factory etc. on the site. So it wasn't building on an old unused graveyard they were objecting to, and they don't seem to care what goes on to it (even false graves).......as long as it's not something that has to do with mutual respect with Jews.

Cael

Not double standards at all. The Islamic officials in Jerusalem had no objection at all to building over the graveyard that wasn't used any more. They were willing to build offices, a bank, a factory etc. on the site. So it wasn't building on an old unused graveyard they were objecting to, and they don't seem to care what goes on to it (even false graves).......as long as it's not something that has to do with mutual respect with Jews.
You are telling lies here. When did Muslim officials agree to have a Muslim grave yard built on?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
There is a big difference between proposing something and actually building it.

L'Chaim

If a graveyard exists, it doesnt stop existing after 100 years. Your post is the real fraud.
Not at all. Graveyards are built over all the time. Old graveyards near the Jervis centre and in Kilmainham (two that I know of) were built on and the bodies were reburied elsewhere. That's not the problem. And the Islamic officials had no problem agreeing to build a number of buildings on the site in the past. They didn't care about building on the old unused site........as long as it had nothing to do with mutual respect etc. with Jews

shutuplaura

Ho ho, descriptions of skeletal remains as 'nuisances' by a company involved in the work, lack of adherence to proper archeological standards during excavations, hasty and culturally insensitive removal of remains, possible involvement of officials with longstanding suspicions of corruption and possible conflicts of interest.....

That's why I'd have sympathy with people who began rebuilding what you call the 'fake graves'. Minimal consultation, lack of sensitivity and a complete disregard for their feelings and religious sensibilities.

Old Graveyards sometimes do have to go. Its an emotional issue though. Ehud Olmert's only emotion was one of gung-ho enthusiasm for the project..."

"I will do everything, in any position I fill, to ensure that the building is constructed without bureaucracy and without obstacles.”

Disregarding any objection as an 'obstacle' and calling the skeletal remains of peoples ancestors as 'nuisances' is not going to get anyone on side. I have a feeling that some of the people involved don't really care about muslim opinion at all.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
It's only a matter of time before the Zionists go for the "Big One"....

L'Chaim

Ho ho, descriptions of skeletal remains as 'nuisances' by a company involved in the work, lack of adherence to proper archeological standards during excavations, hasty and culturally insensitive removal of remains, possible involvement of officials with longstanding suspicions of corruption and possible conflicts of interest.....

That's why I'd have sympathy with people who began rebuilding what you call the 'fake graves'. Minimal consultation, lack of sensitivity and a complete disregard for their feelings and religious sensibilities.

Old Graveyards sometimes do have to go. Its an emotional issue though. Ehud Olmert's only emotion was one of gung-ho enthusiasm for the project..."

"I will do everything, in any position I fill, to ensure that the building is constructed without bureaucracy and without obstacles.”

Disregarding any objection as an 'obstacle' and calling the skeletal remains of peoples ancestors as 'nuisances' is not going to get anyone on side. I have a feeling that some of the people involved don't really care about muslim opinion at all.
Can you show me a link to those quotes from Olmert? And can you show me a link to show the company involved in the work described the remanis as nuisances? Are they even real quotes?

According to the OP the museum is not being built on an old cemetery per se, but on a site near the main Muslim cemetery, which has been used for 50 years as a car park. And there were no objections to this site being used for that. At one time it was a cemetery but for the last 50 years, without any objections from the Muslim officials, it was a car park. It seems that the only objections to building on the site, coming for the first time in over 50 years, is that the proposed building is to promote mutual respect. And as that includes Jews that's where the real objection is.

shutuplaura

Can you show me a link to those quotes from Olmert? And can you show me a link to show the company involved in the work described the remanis as nuisances? Are they even real quotes?

According to the OP the museum is not being built on an old cemetery per se, but on a site near the main Muslim cemetery, which has been used for 50 years as a car park. And there were no objections to this site being used for that. At one time it was a cemetery but for the last 50 years, without any objections from the Muslim officials, it was a car park. It seems that the only objections to building on the site, coming for the first time in over 50 years, is that the proposed building is to promote mutual respect. And as that includes Jews that's where the real objection is.

Ah yes, I made it up! Of course I did.

Didn't Mr Olmert also say:

“This is an essential project for Jerusalem, a landmark that will change the face of Jerusalem forever, I stand behind it 100%, with all my power.”

Isn't there also allegations that Mr Olmert may have defrauded the Yad Vashem Holocaust museum? Classy guy. They of course are also against this Museum of Tolerance.

Cultural sensitivity is not going to be a problem for the developers of this site then thanks to Mr Olmert!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies