Jesus was a Palestinian - Jarry

McTell

Twitter
No
Of course there's a strong shared feeling from One Bearded Messiah to Another.

The oppression by an Evil Empire. The desire to be king - even if someone else was chosen for the job. The martyrs and crucifixations. The ADD (woops). The ability to preach unto the ignorant preachers in the temple.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/gerry-adams-td/jesus-is-a-palestinian/1193604820694420

I like the story of Christmas. A homeless pregnant single mother and her older kindly partner looking for a place to stay. They famously end up in a stable. Probably a smelly little cave. That’s where baby Jesus was born. No grand palace, big mansion or fancy castle. Nope.

And Jesus was not blue eyed or blond haired. Jesus is a Palestinian. So, he probably was a little swarthy skinned black haired wee lad. Just like three year old Aylan Kurdi lying drowned on a beach in Turkey or other wee kids we see on television fleeing war and poverty

Most of us have read that Jesus being Jewish was a big part of his story's success. Paul preaching to the mostly Jewish communities in Greece and Turkey and raising money there to bring back to Jerusalem. He got lucky and the old pagan festival of the shortest day became his honorary birthday. The story changed a bit and Rome got on board. Next thing you know, the years are numbered from his birth. Jewishness started the ball rolling.

But not to Jarry. Jesus didn't have blond hair and blue eyes. He was a penniless Palestinian like any other.

Maybe he's right. Jesus was also a west asian or just a human. Many of today's pallies were Jewish until the 1700s and were forcibly converted, and that's why their DNA makes them look Jewish. That's a big part of the tragedy of Palestine, a double denial by Israelis and Pallies that they are cousins.

Just like a lot of Irish, Norn Irish and Scottish people share much the same DNA, and surnames like Adams :? Discuss, oh ye inhabitants of a small island, without mention of Bloomsday.

Adrian_Wainer

The story of Jesus may be based on the life history of a real person, or it may be based on a compilation of the stories about different people or it maybe a work of fiction or some combination of those things. My own view is that the story of Jesus is based on the life of a real person with some inaccurate elements but which would have been believed to be real at the time the account was established.

Fullforward

Who is "jarry"?

former wesleyan

Believable.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Who is 'jesus'? And where did he get the money for a donkey? Far as I know he was on the rock n'roll and had no fixed abode or trade until he was at least 33 and started the political agitating.

Another lefty layabout I dare say. Spell in the Roman Army would have done him the world of good.

derryman

Jesus was a jew, not an arab!
Dear oh dear , in our haste to make fun of our political opponents , we focus on one word in an otherwise interesting and thought provoking blog. And while Jesus was born and circumcised in the Jewish religion he was born in Roman Palestine.

https://www.quora.com/Was-Jesus-Christ-a-Palestinian

It is not difficult, but probably best left to academics ( like myself) to make an argument that Jesus was a Palestinian Jew.

Last edited:

razorblade

He was supposedly born in berhelem the fact that he may have been an arab should come as no surprise.

Clanrickard

O

Oscurito

Bit of an identity shifter is Jarry.

Didn't he call himself a n_gg_r a few months ago?

agamemnon

There were Jewish Arabs so it is possible that Jesus was both Jewish and an Arab.
Jesus was of the Tribe of David so a Jew.

I'd be interested to see a source for your assertion that there were Jewish Arabs at the time in Judea or Galilee. There would have been some Roman, Greek and Syrian settlers also but the only Arabs would have been a few Bedouin nomads.

derryman

Jesus was of the Tribe of David so a Jew.

I'd be interested to see a source for your assertion that there were Jewish Arabs at the time in Judea or Galilee. There would have been some Roman, Greek and Syrian settlers also but the only Arabs would have been a few Bedouin nomads.
Jesus was a jew that identifies his religion. He was born in palestine of that era. Just as a person born to the Jewish faith in the US is American. But what he indisputably is, is of the semitic people of the region.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic_people

agamemnon

Dear oh dear , in our haste to make fun of our political opponents , we focus on one word in an otherwise interesting and thought provoking blog. And while Jesus was born and circumcised in the Jewish religion he was born in Roman Palestine.

https://www.quora.com/Was-Jesus-Christ-a-Palestinian

It is not difficult, but probably left to academics ( like myself) to make an argument that Jesus was a Palestinian Jew.

I'm afraid I can't agree that Gerry's blog is either interesting or thought provoking, but then I'm not a Psychiatrist!

derryman

I'm afraid I can't agree that Gerry's blog is either interesting or thought provoking, but then I'm not a Psychiatrist!
Interesting and thought provoking enough to spend time not only reading it but commenting on it. Your presence on this thread makes a liar of you.

razorblade

Is there any historical evidence that the man referred to as jesus christ ever actually existed.

blokesbloke

I see Jarry approves of the Messiah being born in a smelly little cave and not a grand residence...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies