• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Jew-baiters for Trump? [Ney York Times, this weekend]

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
There's something of an experiment here, a measurement of strong stomachs:
  • How long can a provocative (but accurate) headline remain on politics.ie?
  • Whether it raises the predictable response from the local glove-puppeteers?
So, to the chicken soup with Matzah balls.

This week's New York Times Sunday Review has a provocative and informative piece by Jonathan Weisman:
The first tweet arrived as cryptic code, a signal to the army of the “alt-right” that I barely knew existed: “Hello ((Weisman)).” @CyberTrump was responding to my recent tweet of an essay by Robert Kagan on the emergence of fascism in the United States.

“Care to explain?” I answered, intuiting that my last name in brackets denoted my Jewish faith.

“What, ho, the vaunted Ashkenazi intelligence, hahaha!” CyberTrump came back. “It’s a dog whistle, fool. Belling the cat for my fellow goyim.” With the cat belled, the horde was unleashed.

The anti-Semitic hate, much of it from self-identified Donald J. Trump supporters, hasn’t stopped since. Trump God Emperor sent me the Nazi iconography of the shiftless, hooknosed Jew. I was served an image of the gates of Auschwitz, the famous words “Arbeit Macht Frei” replaced without irony with “Machen Amerika Great.” Holocaust taunts, like a path of dollar bills leading into an oven, were followed by Holocaust denial. The Jew as leftist puppet master from @DonaldTrumpLA was joined by the Jew as conservative fifth columnist, orchestrating war for Israel. That one came from someone who tagged himself a proud future member of the Trump Deportation Squad.
Read it.

It's not hostile to Trump himself. But it tells it like it is.

Dame_Enda

Anyone can set up a twitter account and send stuff to damage one side or the other.

Separately though when you look at the names of the Republicans in the Never Trump group, it isn't exactly a secret there are q lot of Jewish surnames among them. Kristol, Ben Shapiro etc.

If he was anti Semitic he wouldnt have Jews in his family. The executive VP of his company is Michael Cohen who is Jewish.

Kai123

I still find it mind-blowing that anything from twitter can be considered newsworthy.

Wagmore

I still find it mind-blowing that anything from twitter can be considered newsworthy.
I find it mindblowing that anything from the New York Times can be considered credible-like our own Irish Times another shameless agent of lefty liberal propaganda

former wesleyan

There's something of an experiment here, a measurement of strong stomachs:
  • How long can a provocative (but accurate) headline remain on politics.ie?
  • Whether it raises the predictable response from the local glove-puppeteers?
So, to the chicken soup with Matzah balls.

This week's New York Times Sunday Review has a provocative and informative piece by Jonathan Weisman:

Read it.

It's not hostile to Trump himself. But it tells it like it is.
This is nothing new really , it developed in tandem with the racist commentary that accompanied Obamas election. Being Americans they dispense with the " anti-zionist " excuse because in all probability they couldn't find their a$$holes with two hands and a mirror never mind Israel or Palestine. In the UK groups like the Palestine Solidarity Campaign have members who post staff not unlike this.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Quite funny watching the so-called guardians of world democracy sh1t themselves visibly at the mere notion they might be off the AIPAC line.

I'm sure Thomas Jefferson would have approved.

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
Anyone can set up a twitter account and send stuff to damage one side or the other.

Separately though when you look at the names of the Republicans in the Never Trump group, it isn't exactly a secret there are q lot of Jewish surnames among them. Kristol, Ben Shapiro etc.

If he was anti Semitic he wouldnt have Jews in his family. The executive VP of his company is Michael Cohen who is Jewish.
I think you may have proved that:
  • you didn't read my post: It's not hostile to Trump himself;
and
  • you may have hot-linked to Weisman's article:
I understand Mr. Trump has a son-in-law who is an Orthodox Jew, and a daughter who converted to her husband’s religion. Mr. Trump has bragged about his Jewish grandchildren.
— but you haven't appreciated Weisman's qualification of that with a caveat:
Yet I also see tweets from Mr. Trump like the 2013 missive that re-emerged Monday promising “that I’m much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz — I mean Jon Stewart,” and I cannot help seeing another belled cat.

maxflinn

I can't make sense of this thread. Who has been 'Jew baiting'?

What has Trump been accused of, if anything, and by who?

Kershaw

I can't make sense of this thread. Who has been 'Jew baiting'?

What has Trump been accused of, if anything, and by who?
4chan trolls tweeted some of the more dankier memes to a Jewish NY Times writer who is critical of Trump and he considers it evidence that the Third Reich is rising with Trump their new fuher. Ben Shapiro made a very popular video about his tweets.

[video=youtube;dsBO2q7NHGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsBO2q7NHGM[/video]

Peppermint

I find it mindblowing that anything from the New York Times can be considered credible-like our own Irish Times another shameless agent of lefty liberal propaganda
So can we assume you find the indo credible? And, by being in the same shed, the herald??

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies