JHR claims to have secured third level fees reduction: Radio Kerry

gijoe

On Radio Kerry this morning Jackie Healy Rae claimed that there will be a reduction in third level fees in the budget for families with 2 or more children in College and that this is a concession that he and Michael Lowry got out of the government. Jackie suggested this morning that instead of an increase in registration fees from €1500 to €2000 pa, this will only apply to the first sibling in a family but will then remain at €1500 for the 2nd and subsequent sibling.

He3

...so the country is saved, the budget will pass and Ireland delivered into the maw of the EU/IMF.

The Dude

So Jackie won some concessions on Education then?

The Greens will love that I assume.

LiquidPaddy

Greetings, all, from somewhere solvent.

Jackie has made the front page of bloomberg.com

Ireland Relies on `Sugar Daddy' for Budget Support - Bloomberg

And, yes, in the first line of the report, there's a link to JRH's website.

Remember that the next time the FF/Sindo machine tries to paint the likes of Labour as irresponsible, dangerous, untrustworthy, etc., etc.

Calling JHR 'Sugar Daddy' would make ya cringe! Like waking up and finding old age creeping over you tbh. My read on this story is that JHR is playing the FF/GP coalition one last time because he can and he's just rubbing Cowen's and Lenihan's faces in it and the Govt is just turning over so JHR can drill baby drill... utterly irresponsible!
The point is this dodgy deal is being done behind closed doors and nobody knows what is going on (still). In uncertain times, it is utterly dangerous for any government to be beholden to one of these independent types. No legs left for FF/ [insert name of alt leader here] to stand on. Ever. :evil:

DCon

So Jackie won some concessions on Education then?

The Greens will love that I assume.
And all done while poor GoGo is in bed with a vomiting bug. Bless!

PaulGogartyTD 3:45am the day before Budget is not good time for a TD to come down with vomiting bug. But could be worse (or better) depending on viewpoint about 8 hours ago via web
Not to fear though, he will be in the Dail tomorrow:

PaulGogartyTD @MichaelPolSci will be there come hell or high water about 4 hours ago via Twittelator

Twitter

D

Deleted member 17573

On Radio Kerry this morning Jackie Healy Rae claimed that there will be a reduction in third level fees in the budget for families with 2 or more children in College and that this is a concession that he and Michael Lowry got out of the government. Jackie suggested this morning that instead of an increase in registration fees from €1500 to €2000 pa, this will only apply to the first sibling in a family but will then remain at €1500 for the 2nd and subsequent sibling.
Would this not be a clear-cut case of discrimination?

Legacy

Remember that the next time the FF/Sindo machine tries to paint the likes of Labour as irresponsible, dangerous, untrustworthy, etc., etc.
Oh no! The cat is out of the bag now. And there was I practicising my response to CNN if asked - "Nope - none of us has heard of this 'Jackie Healy Rae'" Whats that? :roll:

CookieMonster

Jesus!

The Emperor really has been shown to be stark bollock naked now.

Ethan Edwards

Just had a look at JHR website and there is a picture of him "Walking on Water", Oh! God we are truly f**ked as a nation!

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
The man is like a parody of a parody of clientelism within Irish Politics. I'm deeply ashamed to be from the same constituency as him.

PUFF DADDY

the worst has got to be if you click into his "publican" section of website and there is a vile pic of him hugging some old dear and talking about a good pint.

CRINGE :(

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
First child of the family? Or first to go to college?
It's a daft idea if true.
All very well for the "traditional" household where the mammy and daddy pay for the college fees. The sons and daughters get the bus home from Parnell Square every Friday evening, with a big bag of dirty washing. In later years the parents are rewarded with graduation pictures to put in thier glass cabinets, for their B&B guests to see. That's my son the doctor. He's in England. That's my other son the solicitor, beyond in Hong Kong. Don't you also have a daughter? <stony silence>. Well she never went to college. She's in Amsterdam now. How are the rashers? I'll make more tea.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies