Jill Stein Pushes for Recounts in Wisconsin, PA and Michigan

Jack Walsh

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/jill-stein-election-recount-fund-michigan-wisconsin-pennsylvania

Ok, please discuss this rationally.
ie
Leave out the "sore loser libatrds cannot take their beating"

Has this merit?

My tuppence worth
The results from Michigan, PA in light of all polling were surprising.
However, the result from Wisconsin was quite incredible.

According to RCP, the last poll in Wisconsin was conducted by Remington Research (a GOP paid for poll) on Nov 1st and 2nd.
It had Clinton ahead by 8%
Not one poll in six months showed Trump even close
Her lead on the poll of polls was almost 7%
Trump had only one poll above 40% in over 20 conducted over previous six months ,yet he came in with 48%.
You can have all the cynicism you want regarding polling, but that sort of divergence really raises eyebrows.

If there was a massive late surge in these States of anything between 3-10%, why did it happen?
Also, why did it not happen in nearby Virginia, where the polls were ridiculously accurate (Clinton won by just under 6%, exactly in line with poll of polls average)?
Why did it not manifest, itself at least even partly in Illinois, where Clinton trounced her poll numbers, winning by 16% versus an expected 11%?
One would think if one State swung violently at the last minute to Trump, some evidence of that surge would wash up on the State beside it, particularly in neighbouring counties?

Stein came home with just 1%, while she had polled as high as 4%
My guess is she smells something here, she got just 30,000 votes and might have had late data that it should have been at least twice this.
Even allowing for traditional drop off for Independent candidates, she clearly feels 30k is not right.

Either way, if there is a recount, it's better it comes from Stein to a void a toxic debate regurgitation

Again, let's keep it factual
Methodology, polling error, sampling, demographics, past examples of huge late swing etc discussion
All good

I'm travelling overnight, so enjoy!

Last edited:

johnny365

If Trump supporters were calling for this one can imagine the reaction of the media. Clinton supporters are doing everything they said Trump supporters would do if he lost.

Jack Walsh

If Trump supporters were calling for this one can imagine the reaction of the media. Clinton supporters are doing everything they said Trump supporters would do if he lost.
It's a recount request from the Green candidate.
Remind me again how many days, recounts and lawyers it took to squeak Willie Penrose across the line?

tipofdiceberg

Jack Walsh pushes for a reversal of three close results in order to ignore the American voting public.
Democracy seems to be a no no with some so-called Democrats. Hypocrisy has been caught out.

Jack Walsh

Jack Walsh pushes for a reversal of three close results in order to ignore the American voting public.
Democracy seems to be a no no with some so-called Democrats. Hypocrisy has been caught out.
Good man, I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Fra_south_Derry

Trump victory in Wisconsin was not isolated Republican Senator was easily elected as well and with the turnout in Milwaukee way down it carried Trump over. No grand conspiracy.

If at recount does happen I expect it to fail and severely damage the reputation of the Democrats among middle ground voters. Clinton supporters pushing this are idiots.

Bleu Poppy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yet Clinton won the plurality of votes- she's some 2,000,000 ahead of Trump with 7,000,000 ballots yet to be checked.

And it is another candidate that is seeking the recount.

Facts mean nothing to you post-truthers.

Strawberry

Trump victory in Wisconsin was not isolated Republican Senator was easily elected as well and with the turnout in Milwaukee way down it carried Trump over. No grand conspiracy.

If at recount does happen I expect it to fail and severely damage the reputation of the Democrats among middle ground voters. Clinton supporters pushing this are idiots.
The Democrats aren't pushing for this, the Greens are.

Fra_south_Derry

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yet Clinton won the plurality of votes- she's some 2,000,000 ahead of Trump with 7,000,000 ballots yet to be checked.

And it is another candidate that is seeking the recount.

Facts mean nothing to you post-truthers.
Clinton was well beaten in the swing states that mattered. Dry your eyes.

NYCKY

Given her dismal support, does she have the legal right to call for a recount?

Fractional Reserve

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/jill-stein-election-recount-fund-michigan-wisconsin-pennsylvania

ie

Has this merit?

My tuppence worth

According to RCP, the last poll in Wisconsin was conducted by Remington Research (a GOP paid for poll) on Nov 1st and 2nd.
Trump had only one poll above 40% in over 20 conducted over previous six months ,yet he came in with 48%.
You can have all the cynicism you want regarding polling, but that sort of divergence really raises eyebrows.

If there was a massive late surge in these States of anything between 3-10%, why did it happen?
Also, why did it not happen in nearby Virginia, where the polls were ridiculously accurate (Clinton won by just under 6%, exactly in line with poll of polls average)?
Why did it not manifest, itself at least even partly in Illinois, where Clinton trounced her poll numbers, winning by 16% versus an expected 11%?
One would think if one State swung violently at the last minute to Trump, some evidence of that surge would wash up on the State beside it, particularly in neighbouring counties?

My guess is she smells something here, she got just 30,000 votes and might have had late data that it should have been at least twice this.
Even allowing for traditional drop off for Independent candidates, she clearly feels 30k is not right.

Either way, if there is a recount, it's better it comes from Stein to a void a toxic debate regurgitation

Methodology, polling error, sampling, demographics, past examples of huge late swing etc discussion
All good

Jack tell them to stop and just give it up , they are like a cornered animal looking for a way out but it ain't there .

Fra_south_Derry

The Democrats aren't pushing for this, the Greens are.
Dems grassroots are pushing this. Check twitter.

Some craic if Stein does work for the Russians and is doing this to damage the reputation of the democratic process n the US. lol.

NYCKY

ie

Has this merit?

My tuppence worth

All good

Why is she not calling for a recount in New Hampshire or Minnesota?

storybud1

For years I have talking about liberal Fascists and the media, for years I have watched the most ridiculous 3rd world change in my Atlantic Island town and not for the better.

For years I have seen a liberal fascist movement intent on destroying nationalism while watching the so called nationalist "Brits Out" brigade been bought off and scream open borders ??

for years nobody challenges our "opinion leaders" about where they live ?

it's about time we took back what has been always ours,,

olli rehn

Well- if everything is ok, nobody should be afraid of a recount so !petunia

JCR

I'm glad she is doing this. There does seem to be an anomaly here. I do remember Trump saying the election was rigged alright. Maybe he was telling the truth.

johnny365

It's a recount request from the Green candidate.
Remind me again how many days, recounts and lawyers it took to squeak Willie Penrose across the line?
That was a legitimate reason for a recount, this is hysterical lefties not accepting democracy and engaging in co spurs you theories. They are now behaving the way they suggested Trump and co would.

olli rehn

That was a legitimate reason for a recount, this is hysterical lefties not accepting democracy and engaging in co spurs you theories. They are now behaving the way they suggested Trump and co would.
In all fairness: The democratic procedure allows a recount. It will be ok if the recount shows more or less the same result. But it must also be ok if the recount shows a very different tally- and appropriate actions should be taken then.
However, it is not ok to deny the recount request if it was made the right way and in the right time frame.Any comments dismissing a request for a democratic right are undemocratic themselves.
What are you afraid of ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies