Jill Stein Pushes for Recounts in Wisconsin, PA and Michigan

olli rehn

I think Trump was probably as stunned at the final overall results as everyone else was! This US election and its aftermath has no precedent and anything could happen at this stage.
While they are at the recount of the US elections, they could also have a go at the final Brexit count :p

NYCKY

In some states such as Pennsylvania a complete recheck will be a logistical nightmare , the electronic machines they have are so outdated that there is no paper trail to go through, every machine will have to physically inspected.

One advantage of them been so outdated is that they have no internet access, they cannot be hacked remotely , someone would have to physically tamper with them.

Even the CNN lads pouring cold water on this tonight saying a recount would almost certainly prove futile. Saying the Dem Governor in Penn is 100% certain there are no irregularities and they also quoted that Nate Sliver chap as saying the turnout figures in the various counties support the actual result.

There was no hacking the Dems just failed to get out the votes in the counties that they needed to in these swing states.

But if they are entitled to a recount let them have it.
Exactly, the Democrats are literally clutching at straws, voter irregularities, voter fraud, hacking of systems etc (somehow the Democrats are concerned about this now:shock:). I am sure that the systems were flawless in 2012 when the Democratic nominee won all three states.

Let's hope these states used Hillarys homebrew server systems providers, because we all know by now that they are hack proof.

Betson

Of course if they are entitled to a recount and they pay for it , then let them have it.

But it is funny listening to Democrats say this has nothing to do with them , it is all the Greens etc , while everyone knows that it is Clinton supporters funding this by at 99.9%.

And before Des comes on with usual his proof , link etc etc , you would want to be very naïve not to know they are funding this.

The same supporters and party that called Trump paranoid and dangerous for suggesting that American elections can be rigged.

olli rehn

Of course if they are entitled to a recount and they pay for it , then let them have it.

But it is funny listening to Democrats say this has nothing to do with them , it is all the Greens etc , while everyone knows that it is Clinton supporters funding this by at 99.9%.

And before Des comes on with usual his proof , link etc etc , you would want to be very naïve not to know they are funding this.

The same supporters and party that called Trump paranoid and dangerous for suggesting that American elections can be rigged.
First Jill Stein takes a lot of votes from Hillary and destroys her chances of becoming POTUS. Now suddenly the Democrats are behind the Greens ? Makes perfect sense to me...

Alan Alda

[video=youtube;U1mlCPMYtPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk[/video]

Betson

First Jill Stein takes a lot of votes from Hillary and destroys her chances of becoming POTUS. Now suddenly the Democrats are behind the Greens ? Makes perfect sense to me...
You would want to be a special kind of stupid not to know people are not funding this to help the greens.

Just go on Twitter and see all the various the Democrat supporters re-tweeting each other urging people to contribute , nothing wrong with that , it is their right. But don't try to claim that democrat supporters have nothing to do with this. Don't insult peoples intelligence.

Gwannow

Donald was right the election was rigged.

realist

Funding a campaign for a recount that could ultimately benefit the Democrats is more like the Dems using the Greens as opposed to being behind or supporting them.

olli rehn

You would want to be a special kind of stupid not to know people are not funding this to help the greens.

Just go on Twitter and see all the various the Democrat supporters re-tweeting each other urging people to contribute , nothing wrong with that , it is their right. But don't try to claim that democrat supporters have nothing to do with this. Don't insult peoples intelligence.
Sure- the Democrats. Talk about people jumping on the bandwagon.Agree.But you cannot deny that Stein and Co. prevented Clinton from becoming POTUS. Not much love lost there...

JCR

I think Trump was probably as stunned at the final overall results as everyone else was! This US election and its aftermath has no precedent and anything could happen at this stage.
Trump's reaction was another of the oddities of the election for me. He even seems not to want to move to the Whitehouse now. His mooted appointees in some cases seem to be almost deliberately ludicrous and there seems to be as yet no response from him about a recount.

A U.S. president elect who wants to weaken NATO is actually strange in the extreme for instance. There is no benefit for the U.S. to increase Russian power at its own expense.

olli rehn

Funding a campaign for a recount that could ultimately benefit the Democrats is more like the Dems using the Greens as opposed to being behind or supporting them.
True as well.
What surprises me is that there seems to be a fee for a recount. This should be funded out of the general tax.Does not look very democratic to me. It is a rich man's game.

olli rehn

Trump's reaction was another of the oddities of the election for me. He even seems not to want to move to the Whitehouse now. His mooted appointees in some cases seem to be almost deliberately ludicrous and there seems to be as yet no response from him about a recount.

A U.S. president elect who wants to weaken NATO is actually strange in the extreme for instance. There is no benefit for the U.S. to increase Russian power at its own expense.
I have the feeling for some time now that we are somehow living suddenly in a parallel time line where everything goes haywire.
The first time I noticed this feeling was when the taxpayer got handed the bill for the collapsed banks.
There is something seriously wrong here....

D

Deleted member 48908

Well, Bobby Rosenberg (pictured above) did graduate from the University of Wisconsin.

JCR

I have the feeling for some time now that we are somehow living suddenly in a parallel time line where everything goes haywire.
The first time I noticed this feeling was when the taxpayer got handed the bill for the collapsed banks.
There is something seriously wrong here....
Perhaps this is what happens when the vast majority hand over all responsibility to the legendary and mythical "they" who are supposed to run everything and fix everything. Consumerism is also of course as powerful if not more powerful a force than suffrage.

I think people should really realise that sharing outrage on facebook and other social media simply has the end result of google and others knowing which ads and sponsored articles to target you with. "Information" that has not been curated in any way is just as likely to be a scam as anything else.

O

Oscurito

The Five Thirty Eight folks are sceptical that there's anything wrong in Wisconsin.

Curiosity about Wisconsin has centred on apparently disproportionate wins that were racked up by Trump in counties using electronic voting compared with those that used only paper ballots. The apparent disparities were first widely publicised earlier this month by David Greenwald, a journalist for the Oregonian.

However, Nate Silver, the polling expert and founder of FiveThirtyEight, cast significant doubt over this theory on Tuesday evening, stating that the difference disappeared after race and education levels, which most closely tracked voting shifts nationwide, were controlled for.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-vote-recount-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies