Jim Bowen RIP

Cruimh

Broadcaster and comedian Jim Bowen, best known for hosting darts-based game show Bullseye in the 1980s and '90s, has died at the age of 80.

His wife Phyllis confirmed the news to BBC Radio Lancashire.

The former deputy headmaster, who lived in North Lancashire, began his career as a stand-up comedian on the club circuit in the 1960s.

He became a household name when he began presenting Bullseye in 1981. The Sunday tea time show ran for 14 years.

It attracted 17.5 million viewers at its peak and involved three pairs of contestants - with a "thrower", who would throw the darts, and a "knower", who would answer general knowledge questions.

Jim Bowen: Comedian and former Bullseye host dies at 80 - BBC News

Clunky but good clean fun, I sometimes watch repeats .....

The Field Marshal

I wonder how many people will die tomorrow and how many new RIP threads will be posted?

The Field Marshal

The Grim Reaper waits for us all.....:evil:
But tomorrow?
Today a pile of new threads on the recently deceased were opened on p.ie

I’m wondering is it a Lenten phenomena where posters are getting more aware of their own mortality.

Indeed I passed a funeral on my way into town.
Fortunately it was coming in the opposite direction.

You do know it is extremely unlucky to have a funeral going in the same direction as your self if you are not part of the mourning PARTY.

Spirit Of Newgrange

jim called a black female a "nig nog" live on bbc radio ;)
on BBC ? surprised he lived longer than that day at the recording studio.

RiP another childhood icon.

troll account

But tomorrow?

I’m wondering is it a Lenten phenomena where posters are getting more aware of their own mortality.

You do know it is extremely unlucky to have a funeral going in the same direction as your self if you are not part of the mourning PARTY.
people want to discuss the passing of Jim bowen pal........just deal with it or slime off to some other thread :mad:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
But tomorrow?

The singular is "phenomenon".

You're welcome.

blokesbloke

I wonder how many people will die tomorrow and how many new RIP threads will be posted?
Now, now, Field Marshall.

We'll have a thread on you when you pop your clogs, just make sure you get the priest to tip us the wink.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies