• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Jim McDaid arrested for drunk driving.

brenners

It is being alleged that Jim McDade was stopped last night over the limit in Nass and a file is being sent to the DPP.

smithy

He was on his way out anyway. He was most likely not going to stand again. He is back working as a Doctor a few days a week.
Might I add, FF deputies seem to have a high tendency to drink and drive, next they will all probably want shinny cars and drivers to over come this inconvenient problem.As a result we will have 2000 less cops and the streets will be even less safe.

Badnarik_Eire

Him and GV can share a cell...OH THATS RIGHT...if your a member of FF and nearly kill someone you don't go to jail....if you stand out in front of a bin truck tho.....

smithy

Johnny said:
smithy said:
Might I add, FF deputies seem to have a high tendency to drink and drive.....
Bit of a sweeping generalisation, no?
I should have rephrased that, "FF deputies have a tendency to be alcoholics". One of the most senior ministers in this government has visited rehab and is still drinking. Yet Bertie still allows him in control of a senior ministry, a but, they are good friends.

Johnny

smithy said:
Johnny said:
smithy said:
I should have rephrased that, "FF deputies have a tendency to be alcoholics". One of the most senior ministers in this government has visited rehab and is still drinking. Yet Bertie still allows him in control of a senior ministry, a but, they are good friends.
Yet more generalisations. Just because one minister is ( allegedly) an alcoholic doesn't in anyway suggest that FF TDs as a rule have a tendency to be so.

Hansa

In Ireland the people are often drunk driving so that they are killing each other on the roads.

Johnny

Hansa said:
In Ireland the people are often drunk driving so that they are killing each other on the roads.
And you would base this bold statement on exactly what facts?

brenners

. :(

eurocrat

Where did this happen?

Hansa

Ireland has much drink driving. I have seen this myself. For me it is no surprise that your politicians do it also.

smithy

Johnny said:
smithy said:
Johnny said:
smithy said:
Yet more generalisations. Just because one minister is ( allegedly) an alcoholic doesn't in anyway suggest that FF TDs as a rule have a tendency to be so.

Okay remove the word tendency.
Do you think allegations of this sort are worrying for the party as whole?
Or is it a case FF is so complacent at this stage that they simply do not worry.
Do you believe such allegations reflect badly on the party and portray a certain image of this party?

pluralist

David Cochrane said:
The irresponsibility of some is gobsmacking, not only should he not be allowed practice in politics, but really his medical practitioner credentials should be reviewed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0427/mcdaidj.html
Frankly David, that's over the top. Drink driving is irresponsible, and should be punished accordingly. However, in this country it is still culturally acceptable to a high degree as Hansa said.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
I think to call drink driving 'irresponsible' is diengenuous and plays down the severity of the situation. People are free to do to themselves what they like. But drink driving causes lives to be put at risk, not just the drinker, but others on the road as well.

The huge number of road deaths in this country needs to be tackled properly, using terms like 'culturally acceptable' is utter rubbish, I don't find it acceptable, so don't dare call my response over the top.

pluralist

David Cochrane said:
The huge number of road deaths in this country needs to be tackled properly, using terms like 'culturally acceptable' is utter rubbish, I don't find it acceptable, so don't dare call my response over the top.
Sorry but do you speak for our entire culture now? I addressed your response politely, so there's no need for the "how dare you" response. If we want to have a debate on drink driving, fine, but to withdraw someone's right to earn a living over one (as yet unproven) drink driving allegation is over the top, in my opinion.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies