• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Joan Burton elected Labour Deputy Leader

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Latest tally counts from the Labour Deputy Leadership contest suggest the vote difference between Joan Burton and Jan O'Sullivan is very close, although Labour insiders belive Burton is pushing ahead.

Less than 50% of the votes have been counted at this stage, and the press office seems to not trust the counting methods of the tallymen, but from what I hear, they are pretty trustworthy, it's incredibly close at this stage.

Tallies:

Joan Burton 52.5%
Jan O'Sullivan 47.5%

Update @ 5pm

Labour have confirmed that Joan Burton has won the Deputy Leadership Contest

seanad voter

Good man, Dave. Keep us posted.

stretchneil

Just came from the count, and I think Joan will sneak it, but not by much. Very close contest.

redblur

News I have is that with 60% tally done, joan is 55-45 ahead. Very close and probably too close to call.
I know the tallymen doing it and I would trust them.

The Earl of Desmond

Here's hoping the first thing Labour do if Joan B is elected is to send her to elocution lessons as her voice is enough to put anyone to sleep or drive them insane.

popper

Oh God. The excitement is just too too much. Joan or Jan?, Joan or Jan? Which will it be. This reminds me of old pathe news reels when entire cities come to a standstill waiting for the stop press or the radio news flash. Chaps standing with pipes firmly clasped between their teeth, pondering what it will mean for the future. For their little girl playing innocently with her dolls under the apple tree. On such hangs the future of mankind.

Joan or Jan? Joan or Jan? ............. :shock:

caminoed

The Earl of Desmond said:
Here's hoping the first thing Labour do if Joan B is elected is to send her to elocution lessons as her voice is enough to put anyone to sleep or drive them insane.
YAWN... sooooooooo original

popper

If Kitson had had a tape of that voice the provies wouldn't have lasted a week.

Munion

You're quickly becoming the new rover or BarryW of this site.

Personally i'd like to see Joan get it, it was bad for the Labour party not to have a leadership contest. It's something I hope the PDs will have just for the sake of the debate it will inspire.

seamasdefaoite

David Cochrane said:
This isn't a discussion about the PDs - I won't tolerate anyone letting this thread go off-topic.
sorry david I just had to get that one in. Its excellent to see Joan in the lead. She will be Excellent in the Job

The Earl of Desmond

What did I say? I think her voice is grating and monotone and it makes me change the channel when she is on - I doubt I'm the only one and if she is meant to be getting people to vote Labour then she needs to keep their attention.

The fact that her voice needs work is merely stating a fact. It's not a lack of respect.

popper

David Cochrane said:
This isn't a discussion about the PDs - I won't tolerate anyone letting this thread go off-topic.

You're like a young Heinrich Himmler this afternoon ;)

seanad voter

Breaking News :

Joan has enrolled in the Bertie Ahern Young Ladies School of Elocution, Make-up and Accountancy, Manchester.

No credit cards or cheques please. Strictly cash only.

droghedasouth

seanad voter said:
[quote="The Earl of Desmond":9q0wvm2v]Here's hoping the first thing Labour do if Joan B is elected is to send her to elocution lessons as her voice is enough to put anyone to sleep or drive them insane.
Breaking News :

Joan has enrolled in the Bertie Ahern Young Ladies School of Elocution, Make-up and Accountancy, Manchester.

No credit cards or cheques please. Strictly cash only.[/quote:9q0wvm2v]

All currencies accepted. ;)

The Earl of Desmond

Would it not be the Celia Larkin/Dorthy Flynn ' just sign the cheque woman and do as your told and while your at it bake some cakes ' school of how to be the perfect partner/deputy leader? ;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies