Job Path

Big Phil

Jobpath has nothing whatsoever to do with getting people 'experience' in the workplace. It is not designed for that purpose. Jobpath do not offer graduate type employment. They typically try to force people into low quality minimum wage telesales work, manual food processing work or labourer work. They generally attempt to force citizens into low quality unskilled jobs with no career prospects or job security. Every time they force an unemployed person into one of these low quality jobs, these private companies receive a hand-out of thousands of euro in taxpayer's money.

The Jobpath companies do not record the existing qualifications of participants when they start on the scheme. They deliberately disregard what unemployed people are already qualified in. They do this because as they put it 'It's just part of the process.' Jobpath is not there to match people with qualifications with jobs that they are qualified to do.

The figures for those who gained employment while on JobPath are also deceptive. Jobpath companies are paid taxpayer's money even if a participant acquires a job that does not come about as a result of being on Jobpath. Of course this is both dishonest and a complete waste of public money.

In a nutshell, Jobpath is a bullying and harassment operation that allows private companies to profit from human misery! These companies receive large hand-outs from the taxpayer for bullying and harassing fellow taxpayers who happen to be unemployed.

These companies are exploiting the Irish taxpayer, while damaging the weakest in our society. The Department of Social Protection is actively facilitating this.

General Urko

If anything, jobridge potentially offered more to participants!
When is The Jobpath Scheme finished for good!?

Big Phil

While it could be argued by some that Jobbridge was somewhat well intentioned but poorly supervised by the Department of Social Protection (they did not properly inspect or provide any meaningful oversight of the businesses and sporting organisations that took people on through the Jobbridge scheme), the same could not be said of Jobpath.

Jobpath was a morally criminal enterprise from the start. Jobpath is nothing more than a bullying and harassment operation.

Jobpath is also one of the reasons why Labour party TD Joan Burton has earned her infamous place in Irish history as the worst Minister for Social Protection in the history of the Irish State.

atkin8

I know someone who was on Turas nua for a year , after 2 months has to do community volunteer work 20 hours each week for a year . I think its the same as community service for criminals . Anyone with experience of this .

Big Phil

The Department of Social Protection has completely failed to police the two private companies; Seetec Limited (a British company) and Turas Nua Limited who it's paying tens of millions to operate the disastrous JobPath scheme. This failure by the department has resulted in serious negative consequences for unemployed people in this country.

According to Solocheck.ie, Turas Nua Limited was set up on the 11th of February 2014. I therefore fail to see how the Department of Social Protection could have performed any sort of due diligence with regard to this company in advance of awarding it a multi-million euro State contract, to among other things, deal with already vulnerable citizens and handle their confidential and personal information.

I understand that the contract commenced at the start of 2015, so this company didn't exist twelve months before they were awarded this multi-million euro State contract and had no track record upon which they could be judged.

Big Phil

I do see parallels between the JobPath scandal and the way allegations were made against the Catholic church and for years these went un-investigated by the Irish authorities. I suspect the JobPath scheme will be regarded as a national scandal in the not so distant future once it is properly investigated and everything that is wrong with this dark, cruel and immoral scheme finally comes to light.

There have already been multiple calls for investigations into the JobPath scheme and its operation. I firmly believe that the Gardaí need to investigate all allegations of abuse made against the operators of the JobPath scheme.

Dame_Enda

We need to find a way of upskilling the unemployed that are too poor to pay for expensive training, without causing existing unionised workers to go on strike for fear of displacement by cheap labour. Jobbridge floundered on the rocks of the same. Also the half a billion euros the govt has left unspent in the jobs training scheme is inexcusable, and reflects a Thatcherite contempt for an interventionist role of government in job creation.

effer

The Department of Social Protection has completely failed to police the two private companies; Seetec Limited (a British company) and Turas Nua Limited who it's paying tens of millions to operate the disastrous JobPath scheme. This failure by the department has resulted in serious negative consequences for unemployed people in this country.

According to Solocheck.ie, Turas Nua Limited was set up on the 11th of February 2014. I therefore fail to see how the Department of Social Protection could have performed any sort of due diligence with regard to this company in advance of awarding it a multi-million euro State contract, to among other things, deal with already vulnerable citizens and handle their confidential and personal information.

I understand that the contract commenced at the start of 2015, so this company didn't exist twelve months before they were awarded this multi-million euro State contract and had no track record upon which they could be judged.
Who are Turas Nua? Was this setup as a way to reward people who're in the golden circle? It seems very questionable to say the least.

effer

We need to find a way of upskilling the unemployed that are too poor to pay for expensive training, without causing existing unionised workers to go on strike for fear of displacement by cheap labour. Jobbridge floundered on the rocks of the same. Also the half a billion euros the govt has left unspent in the jobs training scheme is inexcusable, and reflects a Thatcherite contempt for an interventionist role of government in job creation.
What kind of expensive training? You'd hardly expect the government to pay for somebody in a private college to become a pilot?

Dame_Enda

What kind of expensive training? You'd hardly expect the government to pay for somebody in a private college to become a pilot?
Expense is a relative term. I went on a course last year and did very well in the exam but the expense of buying the software involved to refresh my skills at home is beyond my reach. The government should provide grants to assist with this, instead of looking - against ESRI advice - to raise the threshold for the top rate of tax for their rich friends.

The NY Times is reporting today that Dublin is in the top 10 most expensive cities in the world.

effer

Expense is a relative term. I went on a course last year and did very well in the exam but the expense of buying the software involved to refresh my skills at home is beyond my reach. The government should provide grants to assist with this, instead of looking - against ESRI advice - to raise the threshold for the top rate of tax for their rich friends.

The NY Times is reporting today that Dublin is in the top 10 most expensive cities in the world.
Ok I see where you're coming from. It's one of those situations that a grant would help considering the government is spending millions on a service like JobPath that doesn't deliver much for jobseekers. Have you considered getting a bootleg copy from abroad? There's an ethical question here but if one were doing so to help yourself get work then I think that's ok.

Big Phil

I wonder is the Data Protection Commissioner investigating the much criticised JobPath scheme. The Data Protection Commissioner should be!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies