• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Jobs for the boys (and girls) Leo's new cabinet.

artfoley56

So now we've gotten the leadership contest out of the way the real fun begins now with Leo having to reward his loyal supporters whilst also attempting to heal divisions in the party.

With all that in mind how do you think Leo's cabinet will look; will he have a total clean out of the likes of noonan, fitzgerald, Bruton and all the old stagers to make way for new blood. Also, how safe is the commission now.

A thread for speculation

jmcc

Bruton or Coveney as Minister for Finance?
Doherty to replace Zappone?

talkingshop

Bruton or Coveney as Minister for Finance?
Doherty to replace Zappone?
Pascal Donohue for Finance, I'd say. Coveney said he loved Housing - let him stay there. :)

Can never understand why Zappone got a job at all...but then her being gay and all, he mightn't get rid of her.

publicrealm

Pleeeease get rid of Zappone.

In fairness, I would allow her to take the long route home from the Dail, one last time.

TheWolf

So now we've gotten the leadership contest out of the way the real fun begins now with Leo having to reward his loyal supporters whilst also attempting to heal divisions in the party.

With all that in mind how do you think Leo's cabinet will look; will he have a total clean out of the likes of noonan, fitzgerald, Bruton and all the old stagers to make way for new blood. Also, how safe is the commission now.

A thread for speculation
Fitzer as minister for justice. :p

GDPR

Independents are not going anywhere. Harris is likely to be dropped, some others too, so who's gonna be promoted to health eh:confused:

Socratus O' Pericles

Paul Kehoe and Regina Doherty must get something and Damian English will be out so one or two juniors going abegging.

TheWolf

Coveney will get health.
Varadkar couldn't get out of it fast enough.....

former wesleyan

Paul Kehoe and Regina Doherty must get something and Damian English will be out so one or two juniors going abegging.
Kehoe might get the full Defence Ministry as I don't see Vlad wanting to keep it like Enda did.

jmcc

The turncoat?
She could give the nurses tips on their make up and clothes etc, I suppose.
She's a pharmacist and I think that does require some higher learning.

HarshBuzz

Independents are not going anywhere. Harris is likely to be dropped, some others too, so who's gonna be promoted to health eh:confused:
If he really wants to punish Harris (and he deserves it), he'll leave him in Health.

President Bartlet

Simon given the scale of actual votes he got - Deputy Leader, Tanaiste and Minister for Finance - Public Expenditure and Reform to be merged back into DoF.
Plastic Donohoe to Justice
Harris to stay in Angloa - no one else would want it

wombat

I'll be surprised if he makes many changes, the independents are pretty well fixed unless one wants to quit. I read somewhere that merging Finance and Public Expenditure is complicated, so he may leave them alone. I doubt he'll move Flanagan because of Brexit. I'd shift FitzGerald into Social affairs and give Justice to Deasy, no more of the happy clappy nonsense, start focusing on order.

President Bartlet

Mitchell-O'Connor needs to be shifted from Jobs
Children and Youth Affairs to remain as a Department?
In fact there would need to be a number of departmental reconfigurations

Sister Mercedes

I think Mitchell-O'Connor or Heather Humphreys might be good in health. Their Bull in a China Shop schtick could work wonders for taking no nonsense from the legion of pompous corrupt vested interests who control it.

talkingshop

Simon given the scale of actual votes he got - Deputy Leader, Tanaiste and Minister for Finance - Public Expenditure and Reform to be merged back into DoF.
Plastic Donohoe to Justice
Harris to stay in Angloa - no one else would want it
I would not give Coveney Finance if I were Leo, too much power.

Popular Threads

Most Replies