• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Joe Biden v Donald Trump, POTUS election 2020...which ould fella wins?

Dame_Enda

I think Biden would win by a country mile if the vote was today. Trump won because of razor thin margins in 3 Electoral College states. Working class Whites can see that the undermining of Obamacare has caused premiums to rocket even faster than under Obamacare. The plan to make people work for Medicare also won't help in working class White areas. As against that are the eternal issues of "God, Guns and Gays" used by Bush to mobilise his conservative base, but those attitudes are on the decline following the SCOTUS ruling and mass shootings. The GOP are also dogged by the Russia probe and divisions over trade and immigration. A GOP primary challenger to Trump also looks likely.

Of course Biden has serious health questions that might prevent him running whether he likes it or not.

Niall996

Really? I think he was extremely lucky in 2016 and would be even luckier to repeat the same feat again.
Lucky? He had to get past a pile of Republican campaigners and the Republican party leadership itself. That took a lot more than luck. He then had to go against Hilary who at one point was 2;1 ahead in the polls. He essentially never had a chance. All of that is now in the past. He will go into the next election unopposed within the Republican party. The democrats don't have a candidate. Joe Biden is a desperate acknowledgment that they have no one coming through. If he's lucky it's because the Democrats are in such disarray. Either way, can't see who's going to stop him next time (other than himself which is always a possibility with Trump). Or his daughter in the following election to be frank.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Watching that Ed Balls documentary about the US.

They're fúcking nuts.

Brera

It’s worth noting that Dems have only won the presidency 3 times since the 70s. First with Jimmy Carter a southern Baptist, then you hand Clinton from a southern state who had an amazing ability to connect with blue collar workers and then came Obama who managed to mobilise the minority vote. It’s also worth remebering that the poor state of the economy helped Clinton and Obama.

Bidens age could be an issue if he runs in 2020 but it looks like he is the Dems best chance. He would have the ability to connect with white blue collar workers in the rust belt plus having served as Obama’s VP might help to get the minority vote in a way hillary never could.

My fear would be he doesn’t run and they run an easy coast liberal and you have a repeat of 2004 all over again.

valamhic

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/16/joe-biden-2020-front-runner-problem-217995

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/06/27/democrat-2020-field-poll/740370002/

Assuming Joe makes the nomination he'll be 78 when the votes are cast. Donald Trump will be 74. Who do you think would win?

Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Saunders are all warmer fav. with the bookies than Joe...but surely the DNC and the delegates will see Joe as the man? Or will they? I'd be for Bernie myself.
Do you not know Bernie is a warm hearted communust?

valamhic

He's very short odds with Powers.
Its not looking good for a bet. If Trump goes below 1/3 ( bet 3 win 1 and get back 4) it will leave him no good, You would need to include on the bet (a bets off condition) in case he dies or is injured.

valamhic

It’s worth noting that Dems have only won the presidency 3 times since the 70s. First with Jimmy Carter a southern Baptist, then you hand Clinton from a southern state who had an amazing ability to connect with blue collar workers and then came Obama who managed to mobilise the minority vote. It’s also worth remebering that the poor state of the economy helped Clinton and Obama.

Bidens age could be an issue if he runs in 2020 but it looks like he is the Dems best chance. He would have the ability to connect with white blue collar workers in the rust belt plus having served as Obama’s VP might help to get the minority vote in a way hillary never could.

My fear would be he doesn’t run and they run an easy coast liberal and you have a repeat of 2004 all over again.
That's 40 years, 8 + 8 +4 = 20, half The word on the street from the US is that the White House is out of reach to the dems until at least 2032. They simply cannot move back from celebrity lead to citizen lead. Celebs have no votes

Last edited:

Catalpast

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/16/joe-biden-2020-front-runner-problem-217995

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/06/27/democrat-2020-field-poll/740370002/

Assuming Joe makes the nomination he'll be 78 when the votes are cast. Donald Trump will be 74. Who do you think would win?

Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Saunders are all warmer fav. with the bookies than Joe...but surely the DNC and the delegates will see Joe as the man? Or will they? I'd be for Bernie myself.
I don't think JB will run TBH

Trump will though health permitting

So long as he hasn't triggered a Major War and the Economy stays healthy he should coast home...

But nothing is certain in politics...…

valamhic

Really? I think he was extremely lucky in 2016 and would be even luckier to repeat the same feat again.
The shift to the green left can only hold if no one challenges it. The vote against it is there, these voters never adopted the green left doctrine while the whole establishment and media did. Trump simply identified this vote which was hidden behind the seniors of his own party. He pulled back the curtain of the establishment and appealed to the audience in the hall. It took grit and risk taking of unprecedented proportions. If anything that vote has grown a few percentage points since because the war monger label has vanished.

I sometimes have to pinch myself to realize it actually happened.

Last edited:

The Nal

Because he'll be shot.

As for Biden, he hasn't a prayer if he runs. He'll be 78 and then 82 running for a second term.

Hes also one of the guys the electorate voted against by voting for Trump.

Trump will win a second term. Economy doing well, thats all you need. The dems need to sacrifice someone for 2020 and concentrate on 2024 now.

owedtojoy

Because he'll be shot.

As for Biden, he hasn't a prayer if he runs. He'll be 78 and then 82 running for a second term.

Hes also one of the guys the electorate voted against by voting for Trump.

Trump will win a second term. Economy doing well, thats all you need. The dems need to sacrifice someone for 2020 and concentrate on 2024 now.
Actually, it's not.

Gerald Ford, a sitting President, ran in good economic times, but was defeated because there was still the stink of a corrupt Administration about him. Some could happen to Trump.

And Trump's ego-driven trade wars could well crash the economy by 2020, anyway.

But knock yourself out - the more Trump and his fanboys let their illusions rule their heads, the better.

The Nal

Actually, it's not.

Gerald Ford, a sitting President, ran in good economic times, but was defeated because there was still the stink of a corrupt Administration about him. Some could happen to Trump.

And Trump's ego-driven trade wars could well crash the economy by 2020, anyway.

But knock yourself out - the more Trump and his fanboys let their illusions rule their heads, the better.
I'm not a Trump fanboy. Just stating fact. Less than 4% unemployment. One of the lowest in history and the lowest since pre dot bomb. Have to go back to LBJ after that. And hes running the lowest black unemployment rate in history.

Ford was running at 9% unemployment at one stage, one of the highest in post war history. Lowest he got to was 7.4%.

I'm very much of the opinion that politicians get way too much credit/criticism for numbers such as the ones above but that doesn't stop them claiming success and it doesn't stop people believing them.

What could 78 year old Joe Biden possibly offer here in face of this? A main reason people voted for Trump was to get rid of the Clintons, the Bushes, the Bidens, the Cheneys, the Gores etc.

Fenian Boy

I doubt creepy uncle Joe will stand any chance considering the amount of footage on the Internet there is showing him acting very strangely around children, if he's the best the democrats can come up with then they're really f**ked.

razorblade

It's been all but guaranteed at this stage, the democrats have no one capable of running against him. This time however Trump's victory won't come as a shock to anybody.
When you look at the sort of candidates the Dems put forward its doesnt pose much hope for their political future.

The Nal

When you look at the sort of candidates the Dems put forward its doesnt pose much hope for their political future.
Theres a few good candidates in there but they can't win in a good economy. Of the 4 sitting presidents voted out of office in the last 100 years, all 4 were voted out due to the state of the economy.

D

Deleted member 51920

The sexual misconduct claims seem to be very harmless - especially compared with Trump's relations with prostitutes and admitted attempts at 'pussy grabbing'
Who is orchestrating this agenda?

Last edited by a moderator: