Joe Cary - FG TD Who Never Took A Day Off, Apparently...

CptSternn

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR FG TD JOE CAREY

It looks like FG TD Joe Carey WORKED (on your behalf) every single day of 2013. It seems Joe NEVER took one day off during that time, simply because Joe received the EXACT same amount of Expenses EVERY month for 2013. Which means Joe didn’t take ANY days off during the year, didn’t go on holidays, didn’t take a Sunday off, worked all over the Easter bank holiday, worked Christmas eve, Christmas day, St. Stephen’s, in fact worked the 365 days of 2013.

If Joe had taken ANY days of work, or took holidays, then his Expenses WOULDN’T be exactly the same for every month. Unless, poor Joe FORGOT to alter his expenses when he was OFF DUTY.
So €4,252.92 a month every month in expenses, totalling €51,035.00 for the year.

That's a nice payout every month on top of your normal pay sure. Strange numbers though. Didn't they do away with the vouched system? How does one get the exact number of €4,252.92 every month?

ger12

Yeh .... Fair play to him .... A plus in Endas report card eh ....

truthisfree

Never heard of him.....do we really need these dingle-berry politicians at all...?

deepness

Cant believe I gave this tosser a vote.

Its a Nu Era alright...of the same ol sh!te

culmore

never heard of the man, but I have seen expenses of over €90.000 in the past and thats per month

Marcos the black

What an idiot. How stupid can one man be?

Sync

How does one get the exact number of €4,252.92 every month?
Ooooh someone's going to have to remind me. There's some sort of cut off that once you go over 4252 you've to offer receipts, or it's the max allowance or something. I forget.

Here: http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/members/psadn20141130.pdf
http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/members/psad20150131.pdf

11 of them claimed 4252 euro in both November and Jan of this year. There's bolloxology going on. The 11 includes Noel Grealish, Colm Keaveney, Sean Kyne, Tom Barry, Sandra McCellen. Mix of parties.

damus

Clare TDs have claimed

Deputy Carey has netted €132,300.74 since the 2011 election, a figure that’s broken down to €21,264.55 for March to December 2011, €59,857.08 for 2012 and €51,179.23 for the first five months of this year (2013).
And he's not alone....Clare TD's claimed circa 500k in expenses between them.

linny55

Look at how many of the totals are exactly the same , is that a max or something.

Catalpast

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Oireachtas PR said

Articles, letters and statements, Houses of the Oireachtas

For instance, despite repeatedly explaining to journalists that TDs get an annual ( not monthly ) allowance for travel and accommodation costs, some cannot resist the lazy temptation to suggest that it is a monthly allowance so that they can then suggest that TDs get expenses for the month of August when the Dail doesn't sit. They don't. They get an annual payment based on annual attendance but sure, why bother explain it again
but it is a monthly payment, as you can see Parliamentary Standard Allowance Payments Made - Tithe an Oireachtais

Deputy Carey, Joe

28/11/2013

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/members/psad20131130.pdf

Deputy Carey, Joe

20/12/2013

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/members/psadnew20131231.pdf

Rules Parliamentary Standard Allowance Payments Made - Tithe an Oireachtais

btw
Parliamentary Standard Allowance (PSA) - Travel and Accommodation and Public Representation Allowances - Tithe an Oireachtais
The PRA portion of the PSA is now fully vouched. There is now no option for un-vouched allowances.

Last edited:

gijoe

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR FG TD JOE CAREY

So €4,252.92 a month every month in expenses, totalling €51,035.00 for the year.

That's a nice payout every month on top of your normal pay sure. Strange numbers though. Didn't they do away with the vouched system? How does one get the exact number of €4,252.92 every month?
I wish some people would do their research. You get 100% of the allowance if you clock in Leinster House on 120 days.

CptSternn

I wish some people would do their research. You get 100% of the allowance if you clock in Leinster House on 120 days.
The article said expenses but yeah, I think they were referring to the allowances which are not vouched, but should be!

How the TD expenses system works - Independent.ie

Salaries & Allowances, Houses of the Oireachtas

Letting TD's get expenses on top of allowances on top of the massive salary seems even more excessive that I originally thought when reading this. I was unaware they billed those separately. So a base salary of almost €90,000, another €50,000 for allowances and then another €50,000 in expenses - that's a lot each year sure.

rgaok

The article said expenses but yeah, I think they were referring to the allowances which are not vouched, but should be!

How the TD expenses system works - Independent.ie

Salaries & Allowances, Houses of the Oireachtas

Letting TD's get expenses on top of allowances on top of the massive salary seems even more excessive that I originally thought when reading this. I was unaware they billed those separately. So a base salary of almost €90,000, another €50,000 for allowances and then another €50,000 in expenses - that's a lot each year sure.
One of the many reasons I won't be voting for FG next time...Enda has done absolutely NOTHING to limit TDs Expenses, Allowances and Perks.. We're paying far too much to Gombeen Morons to represent us in the Dail..

nomahdi

11 of them claimed 4252 euro in both November and Jan of this year. There's bolloxology going on. The 11 includes Noel Grealish, Colm Keaveney, Sean Kyne, Tom Barry, Sandra McCellen. Mix of parties.
7 of the 11 are FG.

One of the many reasons I won't be voting for FG next time...Enda has done absolutely NOTHING to limit TDs Expenses, Allowances and Perks.. We're paying far too much to Gombeen Morons to represent us in the Dail..
But remember his big attempt-mar-dhea to abolish the senate, which little piece of theatre (referendum) cost the Exchequer 14 mill.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/commission/min20150210.pdf from February House Oireachtas Commission minutes

Reporting and Presentation of Members' Expenses Details
The Commission requested that a paper be prepared setting out options on the
reporting and presentation of a number of issues relating to members,
having regard to its policy of publishing clear, accurate and timely information
hmm

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom