Joe Cary - FG TD Who Never Took A Day Off, Apparently...

brughahaha

7 of the 11 are FG.

But remember his big attempt-mar-dhea to abolish the senate, which little piece of theatre (referendum) cost the Exchequer 14 mill.
I would imagine they are probably 7 with no hope of re-election , filling their boots before being booted out.
The figures involved , considering we're constantly told how desperate our financial situation was/is are staggering ....it really is infuriating to witness such never ending greed in our Parliament .....
And then they're suprised that the 3 establishment parties who have divvied up the state between them for the last 50 years have lost nearly 40 % of the popular vote in a decade

kittykat

the real story

There are two elements to this that seem to have been missed.
The first is that almost all TD'd Claim to the max without any reference to party or stated ideology. The FG TD that is in the firing line is just a slightly more extreme version of all his colleagues
Secondly there are exceptions. A few others did not claim their max, I think , including Min Richard Bruton, Dep Catherine Murphy,Min Micheal Ring and Dep Pat Rabbitte
Taoiseach Enda Kenny claimed €1333.33 because he's worth it!! :lol:
Looking at the set for Dec 2014 Min Richard Bruton, Dep Catherine Murphy,Min Micheal Ring at also off the max and so look like they are leaving cash in the state coffers.
Dep Eamonn Maloney again claimed €0.00.

Last edited:

mangaire2

the Clare Champion had a sympathetic article on Carey last week – that he had been harassed on social media – mentioned Facebook & Twitter, but P.ie wasn’t mentioned.
to be fair to him, i think he was only claiming what he was entitled to claim.

the sad thing though is that our two FG TDs are among the dumbest in the Dáil, & they stand a good chance of being elected – possibly the biggest danger they face is that Conway might oust one of them.
hard to see MacNamara holding his seat though – he’s a capable guy, but Labour is a millstone round his neck.
hard to see FF getting two, although they’ll be encouraged by the Locals.
good to see SF contesting this time – don’t know anything about the young lady – she performed well in the Locals.
best they can hope for, I reckon, is a few thousand votes & a basis for a seat in the future.

there’s definitely one seat up for grabs – if James Breen goes, he should be in with a great chance, although he’s getting a bit long in the tooth.
there was a rake of Independents last time – Breen was the only one to make an impression & he wasn’t far off at all.

should be a bit more interesting than usual this time.

John Deere 5820

the Clare Champion had a sympathetic article on Carey last week – that he had been harassed on social media – mentioned Facebook & Twitter, but P.ie wasn’t mentioned.
to be fair to him, i think he was only claiming what he was entitled to claim.

the sad thing though is that our two FG TDs are among the dumbest in the Dáil, & they stand a good chance of being elected – possibly the biggest danger they face is that Conway might oust one of them.
hard to see MacNamara holding his seat though – he’s a capable guy, but Labour is a millstone round his neck.
hard to see FF getting two, although they’ll be encouraged by the Locals.
good to see SF contesting this time – don’t know anything about the young lady – she performed well in the Locals.
best they can hope for, I reckon, is a few thousand votes & a basis for a seat in the future.

there’s definitely one seat up for grabs – if James Breen goes, he should be in with a great chance, although he’s getting a bit long in the tooth.
there was a rake of Independents last time – Breen was the only one to make an impression & he wasn’t far off at all.

should be a bit more interesting than usual this time.
Excellent analysis the only other one that might shake things up a bit is Ann Norton from Clare Crusaders, I saw her in the indo with Shane Ross either this week or last?

D

Deleted member 39930

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR FG TD JOE CAREY

So €4,252.92 a month every month in expenses, totalling €51,035.00 for the year.

That's a nice payout every month on top of your normal pay sure. Strange numbers though. Didn't they do away with the vouched system? How does one get the exact number of €4,252.92 every month?
Interesting that in this age of austerity this man gets more in expenses than I earn in my salary. Someone make my day and tell me it's not taxed. Go on. I need cheering up.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Information on the Parliamentary Standard Allowance and End of Year Statement 2014 ******/1OjG7w1 .pdf

In 2014, Members nominated to be paid either the full vouched allowance or a lower amount, also fully vouched.
huh?

mr. jings

Ah, but if we didn't pay them as well in wages and expenses, we would't get the calibre of politician that we have become used to. And where would be then, eh? Eh? EH?

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom