• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Joe O'Reilly Murder Verdict Due Today.

FrankSpeaks

The Court of Criminal Appeal is due to gives its judgement today on Joe O'Reilly appeal for his conviction of the murder of his wife.

I sincerely hope he does not get off!

Risteard

The Court of Criminal Appeal is due to gives its judgement today on Joe O'Reilly appeal for his conviction of the murder of his wife.

I sincerely hope he does not get off!
Even if it transpires that he is innocent?

FrankSpeaks

TradCat

The issue about the use of mobile phone tracing and emails probably has implications well beyond this case so it will be interesting to see what the ruling is on those aspects.

FrankSpeaks

The issue about the use of mobile phone tracing and emails probably has implications well beyond this case so it will be interesting to see what the ruling is on those aspects.
He is objecting to the phone records because no evidence was offered that O2 was a registered company, a ridiculous ground if I ever heard one!

He is objecting to the emails because they were sent a few months before the murder.

Risteard

I wasn't aware that you were qualified to determine what grounds are valid or 'ridiculous'.

FrankSpeaks

I wasn't aware that you were qualified to determine what grounds are valid or 'ridiculous'.
This post is a bit rich from someone with a signature like yours.

swansandtyphus

He is objecting to the phone records because no evidence was offered that O2 was a registered company, a ridiculous ground if I ever heard one!
It is not ridiculous if they are thrown out as inadmissible.

This man could walk.

He is a deranged narcissitic psychopathic monster and he WILL kill again if he is free.

Risteard

He is a deranged narcissitic psychopathic monster and he WILL kill again if he is free.
Wrong, because if the conviction is overturned then he is innocent and therefore not a danger to anyone.

Clearly some posters have difficulty understanding what the presumption of innocence means.

FrankSpeaks

Wrong, because if the conviction is overturned then he is innocent and therefore not a danger to anyone.

Clearly some posters have difficulty understanding what the presumption of innocence means.
Would you be happy for your daughter to marry him, if he is let go?

Risteard

Age difference might be a problem.

smitchy2

I think this appeal has more long term effects about the usefulness of mobile phone tracking as evidence as well as emails.

It is frustrating that lawyers can pick technicalities to get guilty men off.
I am not saying that is the case here though.