• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

John Bercow's guide to shagging virgins: "lets name your breasts".

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
Theres never anything quite like a British political sex scandal (save perhaps Moseley) ; but the quite new speaker of the House of Commons and his fragrant wife are currently embroiled. He wrote a guide in 1986 which though only excerpted piecemeal at link gives a general idea of his *approach* . He took the job when the last speaker was culled after the MP expenses debacle. NL seem to have out-toried the Tories. We don't really do juicy sex scandals in lreland, thus no comparative analysis : http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/dec/04/john-bercow-guide-understanding-women

femmefatale

I'm sure this thread will elicit lots of serious comments. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

President Bartlet

He only won the Speakership becuase since he was hated by the Tory hierarchy and most Tory MPs then Labour Party decided to stick it to them for Speaker Martin resigining.
Sir George Young would have been a more effective Speaker - I wouldnt surprise me if Bercow has a short tenure as Speaker.

johnfás

There are lots of sex scandals in Irish politics - the media just don't generally report them. Bertie Ahern complained that his personal life was intruded upon during the Tribunals. He should be thankful that he did not live his career in Westminster or Washington.

Disabled student

There are lots of sex scandals in Irish politics - the media just don't generally report them. Bertie Ahern complained that his personal life was intruded upon during the Tribunals. He should be thankful that he did not live his career in Westminster or Washington.
Really re sex scandals in politics? can you name them?

Mitsui2

(though l would not consider 23 unformed or indeed juvenile).
Having been one myself, dot, I can only assume that you've been extremely lucky in the 23 yr old males you've known in your life!

eyeswideopen

fascinating cactus/eyeswideopen , l did write the date of his Guide to Understanding Women in the OP (though l would not consider 23 unformed or indeed juvenile).
So, how is "his fragrant wife embroiled" in his juvenile writings?

Poor thread.

Malbekh

dot is our own little party girl. Although she's probably termed fragrant these days. My favourite sex scandal mogul in the UK was Alan Clark. As an aside can I just quote this interview he had with John Pilger to show how politically incorrect he was:
JP "Did it bother you personally that you were causing such mayhem and human suffering (by supplying arms for Indonesia's war in East Timor)?"
AC "No, not in the slightest, it never entered my head."
JP "I ask the question because I read you are a vegetarian and are seriously concerned about the way animals are killed."
AC "Yeah?"
JP "Doesn’t that concern extend to humans?"
AC "Curiously not."

spidermom

Thanks be to the lord Jaysus it only happens over there!!!

I,for one,do NOT want to read JOD sex tips!!!

YUCK....GAG...SHIVER...won't sleep now...Thanks Dot!!

Thanks be to the lord Jaysus it only happens over there!!!

I,for one,do NOT want to read JOD sex tips!!!

YUCK....GAG...SHIVER...won't sleep now...Thanks Dot!!
what about dan boyle? would you like to hear from dan?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies