John Downing Is A Liar. No One Was Ever Embarrassed To Fly The Irish Flag.

TruthInTheNews

John Downing says in today's Irish Independent that Irish People were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag during the Civil War in the North. That is a big fat lie. No Irish person was ever embarrassed to fly the Irish flag.

Can anyone give me a single example of a public official or indeed a member of the public who ever stated that they were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag. West Brit traitor journalists from the Irish Independent don't count.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/john-downing/comment-sinn-fin-are-simply-not-entitled-to-lecture-anyone-on-the-tricolour-36682071.html

Analyzer

The flag of the Republic was regularly draped on the coffins of young men who died for the cause advocated by the Provisional Cult. But the Provisional Cult was neither credible nor representative of most people.

Those who used the Ploughy Star were at least honest about their scale of representation.

I have disagreed with Downing on many issues. And in my opinion he is clearly FG. But in this regard he has been correct.

There are similar sentiments in England over the English flag being used by a small number of people claiming to represent everybody.

However, the Provisional cult murdered, maimed, robbed and extorted. And they have completely escaped any form of public criticism over their use of symbolism.

automaticforthepeople

John Downing says in today's Irish Independent that Irish People were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag during the Civil War in the North. That is a big fat lie. No Irish person was ever embarrassed to fly the Irish flag.

Can anyone give me a single example of a public official or indeed a member of the public who ever stated that they were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag. West Brit traitor journalists from the Irish Independent don't count.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/john-downing/comment-sinn-fin-are-simply-not-entitled-to-lecture-anyone-on-the-tricolour-36682071.html
When was there a civil war in the north?

D

Deleted member 48908

He's so West-Brit, that the Brits renamed their premier's residence after him. Bastard.

TruthInTheNews

I have disagreed with Downing on many issues. And in my opinion he is clearly FG. But in this regard he has been correct.
Give me an example of an Irish person saying they were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag because of the actions of the IRA.

Analyzer

Give me an example of an Irish person saying they were embarrassed to fly the Irish Flag because of the actions of the IRA.
I find it embarrassing that the Provisional cult abuse a flag that they have dishonoured.

automaticforthepeople

Go back into hibernation.
Have you spoke to anyone about your fantasising? I've heard of the troubles in the north, never a civil war unless you're referring to 1641 Civil War in England which did spill over here and resulted in sectarian massacres of protestants in the north. But the tricolour didn't exist then.

mac tíre

Those who used the Ploughy Star were at least honest about their scale of representation.
So you prefer that over the ColourTri or the Jack Union?

death or glory

In the immediate aftermath of the Omagh bombing,

The Rebs themselves removed the Tricklers in the Reb areas in Omagh such as Hunters crescent.

Lord Deputy

SF/IRA monopolised the flag and dragged it through the gutter to an extent that a lot of Irish people now associate it with violent Irish republicanism, unfortunately the Irish language has also fallen victim to this. All a bit sad really.

death or glory

SF/IRA monopolised the flag and dragged it through the gutter to an extent that a lot of Irish people now associate it with violent Irish republicanism, unfortunately the Irish language has also fallen victim to this. All a bit sad really.
How so very true.
And in Northern Ireland, the Irish language activists are facilitating it.

death or glory

perhaps you also missed the apartheid regime practiced for half a century on this island as well , you seem to miss a lot of things
Along with everyone else obviously.

New Threads

Most Replies