John Gormley's insane ramblings.

Dredger

I just read this tripe on the Green Party website.. John Gormley has gone to crazy town, insane stuff-

Earlier this week the Government brought greater certainty about the timing of a general election. This afternoon we present plans to bring greater economic certainty for the coming four years.

We must be candid and acknowledge that these are very difficult times for the Irish people. We face the biggest economic challenges in the history of the Irish State and we must work with our EU and international counterparts to achieve a good outcome and extricate ourselves from our current difficulties.

We in the Green Party laid great emphasis on protecting education spending in the preparation of this four-year plan. We are proud that education spending will be increased over the period. This is vital to protect the needs of a rising generation. But increased spending on education is above all central to efforts to re-build national prosperity. So, for these and other reasons we have prioritised education.

We have also worked to ensure that best environmental practice is at the heart of this plan. The plan aims to minimise waste and encourage people to better the respect their surroundings. For example we have insisted that water metering happen before a fair system of water-charges is introduced. My cabinet colleague, Eamon Ryan, has worked to secure investment in renewable energy and the broadband system.

I will again be frank and say that there are elements in this plan which are difficult for many people. I cannot let the occasion pass without saying that we are in our current difficulties because of past mistakes leading to an unsustainable property bubble further inflated by reckless banking practices.

Since coming to government in June 2007 we have worked with our partners to try to deal with the ensuing problems. We have succeeded in bringing in some reforms – not least the appointments of outside people to head the financial regulation system and the Central Bank.

Overall, we in the Green Party worked hard with our government partners to conclude this document before you today. And we believe it is the first crucial step on the road to recovery for the Irish economy.

This four-year plan is the first of three crucial items which must be achieved ahead of a general election early in the New Year. The other two are Budget 2011 due to be presented on December 7 and a conclusion to negotiations on Ireland’s future financing with the EU and International Monetary Fund.

This Government is determined to meet our responsibilities to successfully conclude these matters and help lay foundations for a return of confidence to the Irish economy.
Plan will bring greater economic certainty / Latest news / News / Home - Green Party / Comhaontas Glas

"Encourage people to better the respect their surroundings", this coming from a man that has absolutely no respect for the people of this country. I am lost for words, these psychopaths have to go before they destroy us all.

anfieldabff

Gormley will get almost as much blame as FF for the mess we are in.
What people will not forgive is the fact that they proped up the most corrupt party in the history of the state.
JHR (spawn of) and Lowry will also get theirs come election day.

im axeled

investment in broadband ?, there is little or no broadband in this wreched isle, a dongle on a laptop, send a message by fone, thats not broadband, its crap, darkest africa has a better and faster broadband set up than we have, then people call them backward, we are backward fro leaving clowen and that carriture of a guy from the simsons in charge of this mess we call a country.

Nordie Northsider

"I will again be frank and say that there are elements in this plan which are difficult for many people."

I love the detatchment of 'many people'. Difficult for many people but not for the upper-middle class cadre of the Green Party leadership. I will raise a glass of organic champagne on election night to every humiliating result and lost deposit these whore's gets chalk up.

corelli

Given his destabilizing of the countries finances earlier in the week by his precipitous and populist announcement of "pulling out", in a contraceptive sort of way, it's no wonder he generally appears divorced from reality.

Desperate Dan

Gormlass can always have a shot at the park or the new lord mayor, he has a neck like a jockeys B!!!icks and the gobs!!!es in Dublin 4 will vote for him.

civilservant

I just read this tripe on the Green Party website.. John Gormley has gone to crazy town, insane stuff - "Encourage people to better the respect their surroundings", this coming from a man that has absolutely no respect for the people of this country. I am lost for words, these psychopaths have to go before they destroy us all.
As always, John Gormley tries to sit on both sides of the fence. He says the government has lost the confidence of the people and so we need a January election; at the same time he is more than happy for that same government to negotiate a 4-year plan with the IMF. He wheeled Eamon Ryan into the Dail to defend Willie O'Dea while Dan Boyle was sent off to tweet that the story wasn't over. He happily voted down the FG attempt to move the writ to hold the long-overdue bye-elections but was first off the starting block to say that the Greens wanted the Donegal South bye-election to be held before Christmas once the High Court had pointed out that the failure to do so "offended the terms and spirit of the Constitution and its framework for democratic representation". A hypocrite of the highest order.

GreenIsGood

And we believe it is the first crucial step on the road to recovery for the Irish economy.
So this is the first step?

So what have you been doing for the last three years, traitor?

Lord Wellington

"Overall, we in the Green Party worked hard with our government partners to conclude this document before you today."

It's English but not as we know it Jim.

Cato

He's not alone. Earlier today I received this from another Green;

Dear [Cato],

Thank you for your email.
We will have an election in January. We will vote for the budget and the four-year plan and go to the country knowing that we did our best for the country.

Best wishes,
Mary White TD

Cellach

We in the Green Party laid great emphasis on protecting education spending in the preparation of this four-year plan. We are proud that education spending will be increased over the period. This is vital to protect the needs of a rising generation. But increased spending on education is above all central to efforts to re-build national prosperity. So, for these and other reasons we have prioritised education.
Is there not €2000 in third level fees on the way?

corelli

Is there not €2000 in third level fees on the way?
Yes, a 500euro increase, it is reported, though Gormley was disingenuous when asked directly at todays press conference as to whether there was an increase on the way. He said that No, wait for the budget. That, methinks, is called talking out of the two sides of ones mouth.

L

longshortgrass

The Greens are going to get such a comprehensive *&^%ing this coming election that it'll take years to get the smiles of delirium off their faces. On the same basis we should attempt to help FF achieve nirvana.
I look forward to seeing Gormley incinerated in Ringsend as much as seeing Biffo sink into a boghole....

idle tim

All together now,,,"Inch by inch row by row,gona make this garden grow,all i need is a rake and a hoe and a piece of fertile ground"
Well John Trevor and your green muppet brigade,how the funk can you make a decent garden(thats if your not stuck in your millstone apartment)grow when the water charges which ensue will see you in a far tighter financial stratejacket that you already wearing.
And please,no smart alec replys that i should harness the runoff rainwater which so regularly gushs down my gutterpipes.:mad:

Lord Wellington

For 2008/9 Fees were €890
For 2009/10 Fees were €1,500
For 2010/11 Fees will be €2,000

All under the Green watch.

Gormley is a lying sack of sh1t.

idle tim

Yes, a 500euro increase, it is reported, though Gormley was disingenuous when asked directly at todays press conference as to whether there was an increase on the way. He said that No, wait for the budget. That, methinks, is called talking out of the two sides of ones mouth.
If you could harness Gormleys "spinning" energy you could power a small city.

New Threads

Most Replies