John Longergan claims rapist Murphy treated inhumanely.

FrankSpeaks

The ex governor of Mountjoy claims that convicted rapist Larry Murphy was thrown to the wolves by the prison service.

He even claims:
No human being should be treated like that irrespective of what crimes he committed.
IMHO its just as well the Lonergan retired with totally idiotic views like these. He should have been running kindergartens.

B

birthday

The ex governor of Mountjoy claims that convicted rapist Larry Murphy was thrown to the wolves by the prison service.

He even claims:

IMHO its just as well the Lonergan retired with totally idiotic views like these. He should have been running kindergartens.
IMHO it is not very professional for him to be discussing individual cases.
He stated on VB recently that he was not consulted by the Dept of J on the proposed replaceemnt prison for Mountjoy, so it is clear that he was not liked in that quarter.
It seems that he craves publicity given the amount airtime that he has been seeking since retirement.
Just as well that he is not well known or he might appear in a fridge on a TV ad!

FrankSpeaks

Whats idiotic about it?

Seems perfectly rational to me.
Because I think I should be entitled to know if a scumbag rapist and attempted murder is going to live alongside me. I also think that the prison regime for repeat offenders and murderers should be extremely tough and finally I think those who don't treat humans like humans don't deserve to be treated like humans themselves.

paulp

Lonergan appears to be a publicity junkie

Also to implicitly criticize his successor doesn't seem very professional
What about the human beings who were murdered in the Joy while Lonergan was in charge?

Mercurial

Because I think I should be entitled to know if a scumbag rapist and attempted murder is going to live alongside me. I also think that the prison regime for repeat offenders and murderers should be extremely tough and finally I think those who don't treat humans like humans don't deserve to be treated like humans themselves.
I think humans deserve to be treated like humans.

eoghanacht

Lonergan appears to be a publicity junkie
He has a book to sell.

Even unrepentant convicted rapists/alleged murderers?

I think Mr Lonergan is a decent enough human being who done his job to the best of his ability by the rules set down by his societal/religious upbringing. I doubt many of his critics could say the same

Me, i would have hung Murphy.

DeputyEdo

+1

DeputyEdo

So you'd be happy with Murphy living next to you?
You'd be happy if a repeat child offender was housed next to young children you know and love (your own, nieces, friends etc)?
You'd have no bother with a rapist, who raped old women, moving in next door to your granny???

meriwether

You'd be happy if a repeat child offender was housed next to young children you know and love (your own, nieces, friends etc)?
You'd have no bother with a rapist, who raped old women, moving in next door to your granny???

Well, I'm always happy to meet like-minded people, so yes.

florin

I'd be much more concerned about the conditions suffered by the mentally ill - they suffer much more and have done no wrong.

Mercurial

I don't think that my peace of mind is outweighed by the interests a person would have in not having an angry mob smash his door down.

If there is a reasonable danger that the child offender in your example would reoffend, then I would not be happy for him to be released and I would not be happy for him to be permitted to live near children. Ditto for the rapist in your example. That doesn't entail making the public aware of a person's whereabouts.

Goodbody

I don't think that my peace of mind is outweighed by the interests a person would have in not having an angry mob smash his door down.

If there is a reasonable danger that the child offender in your example would reoffend, then I would not be happy for him to be released and I would not be happy for him to be permitted to live near children. Ditto for the rapist in your example. That doesn't entail making the public aware of a person's whereabouts.
The issue with Murphy was that the Gardai rather lazily gave up looking into his connection with other cases. Probably because they were too busy being landlords of shoddy apartments.

asknoquestions

The issue with Murphy was that the Gardai rather lazily gave up looking into his connection with other cases. Probably because they were too busy being landlords of shoddy apartments.
what evidence is there for this claim?

FrankSpeaks

Well, I'm always happy to meet like-minded people, so yes.
Strange reply, from this I surmise you are either a rapist or a person who likes them. Weird!

Watcher2

Lonnergan is an ass who doesn't know how to run a prison. He refused to put in measures to curtail the drug industry in mountjoy prefering to site human rights instead of taking the proper abd **** choices required. Don't listen to this bofoon.

Tomas Mor

I always regarded Lonergan as a big mouth self publicity type, who would go down well in the Vincent Browne school of equality. Hope he realises that Murphy refused any type of therapy or help while in prison.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies