John McEnroe getting heat from gender ideologues for stating obvious facts

silverharp

as we are getting into silly season and not much news around , it was good to see John McEnroe not bend to the faux or genuine outrage of the media. Whats going on? he said nothing factually incorrect, he was complementary of Williams but was asked some dumb questions by the show host namely why he didnt say Williams was the best player in the world and instead he said she was the best female player. Are people so whacked out on gender studies propaganda that they actually think women can compete with men in sports or is it a thought crime to simply acknowledge it?

Still a legend!

Retired tennis great John McEnroe describes Serena Williams as the best female tennis player in the world in his new memoir, But Seriously, but during a Sunday interview with NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro, the seven-time major singles champion suggested Williams wouldn't stand a chance if she competed on the men's circuit.

"Some wouldn't qualify it, some would say she's the best player in the world," Garcia-Navarro challenged McEnroe on the subject of Williams, whose 23 Grand Slam singles titles are the most in the Open era (since 1968). "Why qualify it?"

"Oh!" McEnroe replied. "Uh, she's not, you mean, the best player in the world, period?"

"Yeah, the best tennis player in the world," Garcia-Navarro said. "You know, why say female player?"

"Well because if she was in, if she played the men's circuit she'd be like 700 in the world," McEnroe said.

"That doesn't mean I don't think Serena is an incredible player. I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower. And on a given day, Serena could beat some players. I believe because she's so incredibly strong mentally that she could overcome some situations where players would choke 'cause she's been in it so many times, so many situations at Wimbledon, The US Open, etc. But if she had to just play the circuit - the men's circuit - that would be an entirely different story."

[video=youtube;NpyhaBZPDtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpyhaBZPDtk[/video]

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I'd find it more interesting to rate them on their grunting tbh.
That worked for a while. But it got boring quite quickly.

I was watching some tennis best moments briefly the other day on youtube. All it did was make me wonder how little happens in tennis matches the rest of the time.

Betson

Ridulcous storm in a teacup.

He was was why he called her the greatest female tennis player of all time and not the greatest player of all time full stop.

And he gave a very reasonable , logical and accurate answer as to why he said she was the greatest female player of all time and not the greatest player to ever play the game of all time. But as usual the PC mob have descended.

GDPR

That worked for a while. But it got boring quite quickly.

I was watching some tennis best moments briefly the other day on youtube. All it did was make me wonder how little happens in tennis matches the rest of the time.
Yep, so unbelievably dull to watch, like formula 1 racing or snooker, sends me off to sleep on a Sunday afternoon.

Bill

Yep, so unbelievably dull to watch, like formula 1 racing or snooker, sends me off to sleep on a Sunday afternoon.
depends who is playing

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
For me, snooker is half a notch higher on the excitement dial. Whereas Formula 1 racing is at precisely the same level as paint that's already finished drying.

Tennis is somewhere in between.

GDPR

Any Equestrian sports actually.

And Sailing apparently, but only in one particular class, the Nacre 17
For me, snooker is half a notch higher on the excitement dial. Whereas Formula 1 racing is at precisely the same level as paint that's finished drying.

I don't particularly differentiate, I'm even getting a little tired just thinking about them.

Confusion here. It might be correct to describe her as the most successful player of the Open era, but the best?

gijoe

For me, snooker is half a notch higher on the excitement dial. Whereas Formula 1 racing is at precisely the same level as paint that's already finished drying.

I'm with you on most of those 'sports'. With maybe snooker another notch again on the dial.

NYCKY

It irks me that they get the same prize money in the majors.

So much for equal pay for equal work. The most their games can go is for three sets, that is the minimum the mens game can go for.

the secretary

Is the p c gang really all wound up about this or is it a joke?

ellie08

It would be fun to see her against a male top player. She's physically very strong. The women should also have to play five sets if they want equal pay.

Outlaw101

It irks me that they get the same prize money in the majors.

So much for equal pay for equal work. The most their games can go is for three sets, that is the minimum the mens game can go for.
That is in competition. You think that Rooney is paid £150k or whatever it is for 90 minutes work? The real work is off the court/ in conditioning, training, skills training, analysis etc. They are all likely putting in identical working weeks.

New Threads

Most Replies