John McGuinness - Poacher turned gamekeeper.

devnull

Be careful what you wish for. If McGuinness is dumped from the PAC, you'll have Shane Ross in his place, who will be much more vocal about exposing waste and corruption in Govt Spending.
The government have granted Martin the right to pick the committee chairman and FF's only other member is Seán Fleming, so it'd probably be him. If McGuinness were to temporarily or partially step aside without resigning, the Vice Chairman, Keiran O'Donnell (FG), would take over.
To be honest, I'd have more confidence in the abilities of either of those replacements to run an enquiry that was both fair and seen to be fair than I'd have in McGuinness'.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
So we'd replace a shameless hypocrite with a gross incompetent?

Wow, that would be a great step forward.
Problem here is that a position like that should only be held by an independent authority, say someone from another EU country. I mean we are all europeans and want what's best for us all etc.

mr. jings

No shame, no accountability and no shagging change in the running of things. The contempt our political betters have for us is remarkable.

Eoin Coir

I'd be much more afraid of SR using a position like that to maximise his public profile. He's a one trick pony.

Stephen Donnelly would make a much better PAC chair.
Lord Ross should never get it, due to his Sindo praise for Seanie & Fingers.

FakeViking

Problem here is that a position like that should only be held by an independent authority, say someone from another EU country. I mean we are all europeans and want what's best for us all etc.
Yeah, right. Send over one of Silvio Berlusconni's sidekicks. They'd out McGuinness McGuinness in sharp order.

CarnivalOfAction

So we'd replace a shameless hypocrite with a gross incompetent?

Wow, that would be a great step forward.
Far from being incompetent, Donnelly has FG/LP rumbled; that's why the Flutered Garglers tried to shout down him & Mary Lou on the night of the "deal" which turned the €30 billion Anglo debt into greater sovereign debt.

Enough of the FF & FG nepotism.

hiding behind a poster

I'd be much more afraid of SR using a position like that to maximise his public profile. He's a one trick pony.

Stephen Donnelly would make a much better PAC chair.
You don't think Stephen Donnelly would use the PAC to maximise his public profile?

Anyway it doesn't matter - if McGuinness gets ditched he'll be replaced by another FF nominee.

hiding behind a poster

No shame, no accountability and no shagging change in the running of things. The contempt our political betters have for us is remarkable.
Er, this is a story about what an employee of a member of the LAST government did, while the LAST government was in office. Read the OP again.

hiding behind a poster

Yeah, right. Send over one of Silvio Berlusconni's sidekicks. They'd out McGuinness McGuinness in sharp order.
He wouldn't be so choosy about the quality of the toilet roll then, I'm tellin' ya.

hiding behind a poster

Far from being incompetent, Donnelly has FG/LP rumbled; that's why the Flutered Garglers tried to shout down him & Mary Lou on the night of the "deal" which turned the €30 billion Anglo debt into greater sovereign debt.
IOUs issued by the sovereign, are sovereign debt. Its hard to get much more sovereign than that.

mr. jings

Er, this is a story about what an employee of a member of the LAST government did, while the LAST government was in office. Read the OP again.
He's head of the PAC now, and this won't so much as break his stride. He's also been asked some toughish questions of his own:

McGuinness faces PAC probe into money spent on his office - Independent.ie

I'm probably over sensitive when it comes to BS like this, but only because I've been force fed so much of it foie-gras style down the years.

Sister Mercedes

Lord Ross should never get it, due to his Sindo praise for Seanie & Fingers.
Two bad columns out of over a thousand. Back in the Celtic Tiger years, Ross was a regular at Shareholder Meetings in Ireland rattling the Directors with difficult questions.

I'm not a fan of his on many issues, but he is tailor-made for the inquisitorial role as head of the PAC.

FakeViking

Two bad columns out of over a thousand. Back in the Celtic Tiger years, Ross was a regular at Shareholder Meetings in Ireland rattling the Directors with difficult questions.

I'm not a fan of his on many issues, but he is tailor-made for the inquisitorial role as head of the PAC.
Inquisitorial role as head? He'd be a bigger grandstander than the Curragh, Punchestown and Lepoardstown rolled into one.

Macy

Donnelly would be better. Doesn't have the agendas or baggage of Ross.

enby

No way should he resign. He gave a family member a leg up, so what? Which of us wouldn't do that if we could?

hiding behind a poster

He's head of the PAC now, and this won't so much as break his stride. He's also been asked some toughish questions of his own:

McGuinness faces PAC probe into money spent on his office - Independent.ie

I'm probably over sensitive when it comes to BS like this, but only because I've been force fed so much of it foie-gras style down the years.
That's fine, but you cited the stories about McGuinness as evidence that nothing has changed - I'm reminding you that it happened under the LAST government.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies