John Redwood - MP - How the EU plans to control Ireland - Forcing us to Borrow

Tea Party Patriot

An interesting take on the current economic crisis from Tory MP and former director of NM Rothschild John Redwood

He basically says the EU are forcing the current crisis on Ireland via leeks in order to control our corporation tax rates:

Either the Euro powers that be are incompetent, and do not understand how they can induce falling markets by saying too much and doing too much, or they are out to ensnare Ireland into new controls and conditions, to strengthen the EU’s hand in economic governance. The EU has never liked Ireland’s attractive low Corporation Tax rate, and would dearly love to be able to force that up.
If Redwood is correct and this is an EU agenda to get at our low corporation tax rates can we expect to see them dissapear sooner than we think? Even more importantly are we to become a vassel of Germany and France?

How the EU plans to control Ireland

A view from England

An interesting take on the current economic crisis from Tory MP and former director of NM Rothschild John Redwood

He basically says the EU are forcing the current crisis on Ireland via leeks in order to control our corporation tax rates:

If Redwood is correct and this is an EU agenda to get at our low corporation tax rates can we expect to see them dissapear sooner than we think? Even more importantly are we to become a vassel of Germany and France?

How the EU plans to control Ireland
I have read or viewed several articles in/on the UK media this morning and it seems to be playing out like this.
The UK Government want to help out Ireland.
The UK Eurosceptics want to help out Ireland but not the Euro/Eurozone.
The UK people are sypathetic but are asking why they should bail out an Eurozone country that until recently was rubbing their noses in it.
Some are asking questions about Ireland joining Sterling.
Many are asking why Ireland did not raises taxes, especially corporation tax. This is a new angle I have not seen before.
I'm struggling to find any article that does not mention Ireland losing control in one way or another.

LeDroit

I'm struggling to find any article that does not mention Ireland losing control in one way or another.
You won't find one because that is precisely what losing your economic sovereignty means. We are about to become a colony of the EU.

Skinner

And thats the price of the greatest bank heist in world history.

Thanks ff, you've left your mark.

If you dont like whats going on then I suggest you do something about it.

We have 2 protests coming up, oe by the unions and one by the people.

I will be at the heart of the protest on Dec 7th, this is the protest to take the Dail.

Tea Party Patriot

You won't find one because that is precisely what losing your economic sovereignty means. We are about to become a colony of the EU.
Looks like the end game now given the CB Governors remarks on radio this moring. They had the last two years to work on our public finances and have shown no leadership in doing so.

A sad for Ireland and still no decent economically right party to pick up the pieces if there will be any left to pick up.

Mitsui2

John Redwood? I wouldn't take that sleazebag's word for the time of day!

olamp

We have to protect our corporate tax rate or we are truly finished.Cowen and Lenihan have destroyed this country but they have the chance to slightly redeem themselves if they hang tough and refuse to relinquish what the EU been trying to get it`s hands on for years --we just cannot allow our corporate tax rate to be touched -if it is ,we can kiss goodbye to our country.

D

Dylan2010

Corp tax up = economic activity down and we lose the "free corpoare money" that will transfer price to Holland or somewhere else. If the EU uses this to settle scores I cant see it flying. Better the IMF then as I assume they wouldn't have an agenda on this point?

Paddy Sarkozy

According to Brian Lenihan on Morning Ireland yesterday we haven't lost sovereignty because we've always SHARED sovereignty with our European partners.
A bit like the ref asking a football team which one of you is the captain, and all the players go 'we are'.
Or asking a bunch of Greek soldiers, which one of you is Spartacus? :shock:

A view from England

According to Brian Lenihan on Morning Ireland yesterday we haven't lost sovereignty because we've always SHARED sovereignty with our European partners.
A bit like the ref asking a football team which one of you is the captain, and all the players go 'we are'.
Or asking a bunch of Greek soldiers, which one of you is Spartacus? :shock:
Ireland gave up it's economic sovereignty on the day it joined the Euro.
"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
Baron M.A. Rothschild

Tea Party Patriot

Ireland gave up it's economic sovereignty on the day it joined the Euro.
"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
Baron M.A. Rothschild
Quite true, after all why did we break with sterling in 1973, arguably as strong a currency then as the Euro is now.

I still predict unless the global banking system is reformed that we havn't seen the end of it. Quantitative easing seems to be the order of the day and it is only going to make matters worse.

We need to find a new path somewhere between the gold standard and the fractional reserve system in order to achieve long term stability. Full on fiet money is not the answer it is the problem and the sooner that more economists admit it the better.

newport2

John Redwood? I wouldn't take that sleazebag's word for the time of day!
Totally agree. Redwood was and is the biggest euro-sceptic around. He'd run anything about Europe down, irregardless of the circumstances. Ignore him

Tea Party Patriot

Totally agree. Redwood was and is the biggest euro-sceptic around. He'd run anything about Europe down, irregardless of the circumstances. Ignore him
Perhaps he is euro-sceptic because he is telling the truth. I am an advocate of free trade but the EU is a bureaucratic controlling influence way beyond this.

Vega1447

Redwood is happy for UK to participate in NATO - UK gave up it's military sovereignty on the day it joined NATO.

It gave up its economic sovereignty on the day it accepted US loans during WW2....

Tea Party Patriot

Redwood is happy for UK to participate in NATO - UK gave up it's military sovereignty on the day it joined NATO.

It gave up its economic sovereignty on the day it accepted US loans during WW2....
It still controls its own currency and interest rates and is showing the ability to recover much faster than us.

As for military sovereignty it was able to unilaterally invade Iraq with the US separate from NATO so I think that arguement doesn't wash.

We gave our military sovereignty over to the UN by inserting a populist amendment to our constitution. One which presented us with the difficulty of not being able to serve in Macadonia on a peacekeeping mission because of Chinese objections!

Libero

The alternative explanation, of course, is that the ECB doesn't want to get stiffed with gargantuan losses from supporting the Irish banking sector and wants to ensure at a minimum that future support is funnelled through the Irish state via a loan to that state.

It's not hard to understand, and Redwood should be smart enough to understand it. So when he insists without proof on another motive, I don't find it all convincing, especially when it's voices from London who also don't favour Ireland's corporate tax rate, and muse out loud about how a bailout should mean the end of it.

Quite true, after all why did we break with sterling in 1973, arguably as strong a currency then as the Euro is now.

I still predict unless the global banking system is reformed that we havn't seen the end of it. Quantitative easing seems to be the order of the day and it is only going to make matters worse.

We need to find a new path somewhere between the gold standard and the fractional reserve system in order to achieve long term stability. Full on fiet money is not the answer it is the problem and the sooner that more economists admit it the better.
Funny I thought the break was April 1st 1979 around same time Airey Neave met his maker.

Tea Party Patriot

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies