John Taylor wants Donegal to join the UK

the secretary

Another 20000 Orange residing in Donegal in 1918 and you'd be a SDLP mouthpiece now.
Dry your eyes, mate.
I cant vote in the north for the SDLP.
You do know donegal isn't in the north, rite!

Last edited:

FOURGREENFIELDS

I don't know if this has already been posted-but...

Lord Kilclooney criticised for

:roll:
Says it all really. Bigotry and racism are two sides of the same Unionist coin. John Taylor has form in these things and was one of the hardliners in the old Stormont regime. He once said on Peter Taylor's BBC LOYALISTS programme that 'most Unionists had a sneaking regard for Loyalist paramilitaries' and that 'Loyalists served a good purpose as they showed Nationalists what violence was like'.

raetsel

I heard him on Newstalk yesterday morning.

Not only did he not sound senile, had I been from Donegal, I probably would have found myself signing up. He was very lucid and persuasive.

He certainly made a fool out of Coleman, who took the same puerile line as you.
Very lucid and persuasive indeed. Made an utter balls of himself today in a tweet about Leo Varadkar. He's almost as big a clown as you are and that takes some effort. :lol:

Dame_Enda

Taylor/Kilclooney calls Varadkar "the Indian" before withdrawing it.

Lord Kilclooney said:
Simon Coveney is stirring things up . Very dangerous non statesman like role! Clearly hoping to undermine the Indian

puffin

Since Glasgow Celtic has just had their arse handed to them, it would make perfect sense for Glasgow aDonegallions to embrace their fellow Ulster yen’s, bend the knee and hug the Teddy Bears,.

Paddyc

Since Glasgow Celtic has just had their arse handed to them, it would make perfect sense for Glasgow aDonegallions to embrace their fellow Ulster yen’s, bend the knee and hug the Teddy Bears,.
That’s about as likely as Donegal voting to join NI.

Northern Ireland and Glasgow Rangers, both failed entities.

edwin

That’s about as likely as Donegal voting to join NI.

Northern Ireland and Glasgow Rangers, both failed entities.
Well technically Glasgow Rangers no longer exists. Hopefully Northern Ireland won't be too far behind.

Itsalaugh

Dry your eyes, mate.
I cant vote in the north for the SDLP.
You do know donegal isn't in the north, rite!
You missed my point that there was an arbitrariness to the border and small differences in allegiance could have seen Donegal and Monaghan transferred to the the control of Orange Supremacy. How then might then your political worldview have diverged from now where you support clientelism and partitionist chancers like Ray Burke and Bertie who thought being against republicanism would make the Dublin Establishment more likely to ignore their corruption. .

Leinsterview

Taylor is the last ministerial survivor of the old unionist-dominated Stormont which even Conor Cruise O'Brien described as 'oppressive' and 'sectarian'. It is clear he would have replicated, vis-à-vis Donegal, the 16th century English poet Spencer's love/hate attitude to Ireland: love the place, hate the people. If Donegal were under his hegemony it would have suffered the same orchestrated discrimination as neighbouring Derry city.
As for LV I am surprised Taylor didn't pass a pejorative remark about another dimension of his persona.

theloner

Imagine the absolute dog's dinner the marching weirdos would make of Rossnowlagh.

eskrimador

eskrimador

so his excuse is he used Indian as shorthand for PM or Leo or Boss etc etc because he ran out of words? lol..what a ****ing clown!!
Count how many characters each take, remembering that a space counts as one

Round tower

Taylor/Kilclooney calls Varadkar "the Indian" before withdrawing it.
He claimed that the tweet he sent was because he had too use shorthand as u can only use a certain amount of words in a tweet but in the 1st tweet he used 19 words but in the 2nd tweet he used 41 words, so his explanation does not add up

Leinsterview

It all sort of subliminally hangs together when you try to look at things through the prism of his psyche: outdated Kiplingisque imperialism ... a lost county of Ulster (Kipling's 'Ulster 1912'and all that) that should never have got away ... the glory days of the Raj... the jewel in the crown (India -- Kipling's stomping ground) that should never have got away ... now one of those uppity native Indians having the audacity to rule over sacred Ulster soil (Donegal).

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom