Johnson puts it up to May to welsh on Britain's commitments to the EU

ffc

Poor Corbyn. If only there was like a vote or something about all of these cracks that he could have voted against in Parliament.

Oh...

Wait...
There will be blood, believe me and Theresa May is no Maggie.

She caves in at the first sign of pressure. Her chancellor humiliated because a few backbenchers got bolshie about the National Insurance changes. If she can't stand up to them on a simple, building block of the financial statement, how will she deal with them when they are howling blue murder about Brexit. Whatever deal she negotiates, she has dozens of rebels waiting to lynch her. The pro-EU gang are below decks at the moment, but they won't stay there for long. If she changes her mind every time a few back benchers cobble together with the opposition, the negotations will be a farce, though great craic for us.

im axeled

they have quite a few quid drawn from the uk allready, from here also, credit union loans maxed, credit cards maxed, every posssible financial item maxed, then home

brughahaha

GDPR

I would never in my life time have believed I would ever see such a debacle from the British establishment. Whatever went on behind closed doors, they always got their sh*t together in public.

What an absolute shower.

Truth.ie

So if I take out a mortgage, and a majority of my household decides to disregard the repayments we've committed to, democracy should rule and we should welch on our debts?
The British public will have to foot this bill.
Nobody asked them to take out this "mortgage". They were neither consulted nor gave their consent.

brughahaha

I would never in my life time have believed I would ever see such a debacle from the British establishment. Whatever went on behind closed doors, they always got their sh*t together in public.

What an absolute shower.
Every single media stablishment in Ireland is pro EU to the point of funnel vision
The Guardian ( beloved of the EU shills on here) which is linked in the OP , is hysterically remain , to the point of no longer being a credible newspaper ( and until recently , on my monthly trips to the uk and on many a weekend in Ireland the Guardian ( and SBP) was my newspaper of choice)

You're just hearing the hysterical wailings of a centrist elite who can't believe what's happening ....be careful what you read or believe ....it's all just pre negotiation posturing

Interestingly it came up in work today and a Pole and Croatian were discussing the growing anti EU sentiments in both countries ......
Playing hard Ass by the EU will further alienate the many families in both countries that have family in the U.K. ......never mind the need both countries have for the currency sent home and its action as an unemployment release valve

The comments on here are amazingly myopic

livingstone

The British public will have to foot this bill.
Nobody asked them to take out this "mortgage". They were neither consulted nor gave their consent.
That's how representative democracy works. Government's are elected to take decisions, and in international law they do so on behalf of their state.

Changing their mind doesn't absolve them of liabilities already racked up.

T

Toowoomba

May Hears Hard Truths About Brexit as EU Prepares for Talks

Germany said the EU won’t splinter or grant too many concessions to the British, while Denmark warned May’s hoped-for trade deal with the EU could take as long as 15 years to seal. Even traditional ally Ireland sided with its EU partners in pushing Britain to pay an exit fee, while also seeking to lure banks from London.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-10/may-is-told-brexit-hard-truths-as-eu-readies-for-talks

Et tu Ireland?

GDPR

Every single media stablishment in Ireland is pro EU to the point of funnel vision
The Guardian ( beloved of the EU shills on here) which is linked in the OP , is hysterically remain , to the point of no longer being a credible newspaper ( and until recently , on my monthly trips to the uk and on many a weekend in Ireland the Guardian ( and SBP) was my newspaper of choice)

You're just hearing the hysterical wailings of a centrist elite who can't believe what's happening ....be careful what you read or believe ....it's all just pre negotiation posturing

Interestingly it came up in work today and a Pole and Croatian were discussing the growing anti EU sentiments in both countries ......
Playing hard Ass by the EU will further alienate the many families in both countries that have family in the U.K. ......never mind the need both countries have for the currency sent home and its action as an unemployment release valve

If you or T May can tell me exactly what is so fandabbie dozie about exiting the EU when you don't have a negotiating positon or a plan because you never thought the referendum would result in Out, then lets hear it.

As for anti-EU Croatians and Poles, they wouldn't be in Ireland or the UK treating you all to their informed opinions without the EU.

Mad as Fish

Yep, sums it up well.

livingstone

Enormous difference between recognising and being bound by ...........
Sure, that was my point.

The UK is now and will remain bound by the ECJ until such time as it leaves.

Unless otherwise provided in the withdrawal agreement, it will cease to be bound by the ECJ.

At no point is it likely to cease to recognise the ECJ, no more than it is likely to cease to recognise the Supreme Court of Ireland or the Supreme Court of the US.

What's more, it will continue to be impacted by the ECJ, just as it could be impacted by the US Supreme Court. If, for example, the US Government were to sign a FTA that breaches the US Constitution, that would impact on the UK. Similarly, the ECJ will still have jurisdiction over whether any withdrawal agreement and future relationship agreement is compatible with EU law.

Hewson

The EU's crisis of identity is entirely down to the failure of the top layer to remember what their function is, who put them there and who pays for their lifestyle. With a little careless handling a project decades in the making and, for those who easily forget just how war-prone the continent was prior to the end of WWII, a bulwark against militarism can be undone relatively easily.

The Brits were EU members but were never really Europeans at heart. Their pathetic isolationism is defined by the witterings of Farage and Johnson and neither will be any loss to Europe. On one level the Old Boy Englanders will be missed as a kind of eccentric curiosity, on another level their latent hostility was never anything but a hindrance to progress.

For anybody cheering on the Brexiteers a glance across the Atlantic at what introverted nationalism can buy you in the form of an Alpha Chimpanzee should be a lesson in due diligence.

The EU is far from perfect but give me Europe's vastly rich cultural diversity and artistic heritage over the political and environmental abyss into which America has thrown itself any day.

T

Toowoomba

Chocolate prices could rise if the UK does not secure a trade deal post-Brexit, according to Mars' top boss.

Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars, said the absence of a deal with EU member states would see tariffs of up to 30% for the industry.

Speaking at the American Chamber of Commerce to the EU, she warned this would "threaten [the] supply chain and the jobs that come with it."

Chocolate price hike if Brexit deal fails, warns Mars - BBC News

Newsflash from the BBC. :D

Mad as Fish

Chocolate prices could rise if the UK does not secure a trade deal post-Brexit, according to Mars' top boss.

Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars, said the absence of a deal with EU member states would see tariffs of up to 30% for the industry.

Speaking at the American Chamber of Commerce to the EU, she warned this would "threaten [the] supply chain and the jobs that come with it."

Chocolate price hike if Brexit deal fails, warns Mars - BBC News

Newsflash from the BBC. :D
Reduced dental and healthcare costs. Every cloud and all that.

midlander12

It's not just the media, it's the entire political class and most 'ordinary people' who dare give a view. The Euroscepticism that brought about the initial Nice and Lisbon 'No' votes has, it seems, disappeared into the ether. The problem is not with people being pro-EU as such, however - it's the assumption that 'we are just of the 27' and that we will have to obediently kow-tow with whatever deal Brussels and Berlin present us with, regardless of whether it decimates everything north of a line from Dublin to Castlebar. That may well be the reality in the end, of course, but not every condemned prisoner needs to be so accepting of their fate.

brughahaha

If you or T May can tell me exactly what is so fandabbie dozie about exiting the EU w hen you don't have a negotiating positon or a plan because you never thought the referendum would result in Out, then lets hear it.

As for anti-EU Croatians and Poles, they wouldn't be in Ireland or the UK treating you all to their informed opinions without the EU.
Whereas the Eu has a clear cogent plan for Brexit ....bwahahahaha .....stunned caterwauling and bitchiness is not a plan ....

As for your fairly pathetic 2nd comment ( every bit as condescending to immigrants as ukip) , should I tell them to shut up and be greatful as some pro Eu Irish citizens can't distinguish between comment on reality and personal belief :roll:

And why are their opinions ill informed ....I would suggest their opinions on their home countries is considerably better informed than yours .....talk about arrogant :roll: well done

Last edited:

brughahaha

The EU's crisis of identity is entirely down to the failure of the top layer to remember what their function is, who put them there and who pays for their lifestyle. With a little careless handling a project decades in the making and, for those who easily forget just how war-prone the continent was prior to the end of WWII, a bulwark against militarism can be undone relatively easily.

The Brits were EU members but were never really Europeans at heart. Their pathetic isolationism is defined by the witterings of Farage and Johnson and neither will be any loss to Europe. On one level the Old Boy Englanders will be missed as a kind of eccentric curiosity, on another level their latent hostility was never anything but a hindrance to progress.

For anybody cheering on the Brexiteers a glance across the Atlantic at what introverted nationalism can buy you in the form of an Alpha Chimpanzee should be a lesson in due diligence.

The EU is far from perfect but give me Europe's vastly rich cultural diversity and artistic heritage over the political and environmental abyss into which America has thrown itself any day.
Suggest you watch the BBCs excellent documentary on Uk and EU , the start of the rift was the suprise ambush ( everything had been agreed) rejection of UK membership by the French at a press conference to announce the successful conclusion of negotiations........ The manner of it left a rift that was never healed

Also notable is Edward Heaths ( the PM that took the uk in very pro EU) admit that the entire purpose of the project since day 1 has been a federal Europe .......

razorblade

The UK were always the blacksheep of the EU, the only surprise is they didnt leave sooner.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies