• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Journalist Gemma O’Doherty to run for the presidency

StirCharles

I see GOD is pointing the finger as muslims for the fire, very interesting indeed.

rainmaker

Administrator
Sure they will.
When her number of votes are announced, one of us will be laughing and you wont. No one in a country that voted by landslide to legalize SSM is electing this seriously disturbed, whack job.
On the subject of LGBT issues, O'Doherty said: "it's my belief that the Catholic Church was infested at the start of the last century and into the 1920s, 30s, 40s... by communism and this is documented I mean there's an excellent account of lady Bella Dodd who was a communist in the American Communist Party, who describes how hundreds of young men were sent into seminaries to infest Catholicism with homosexuality and pedophilia ... so they've started a new form of child abuse in the schools which is the LGBT agenda... Gemma O'Doherty - Wikipedia

rainmaker

Administrator
I've no idea. Anyone can edit a Wikipedia article and anyone can take words out of context. You've done little else on this thread and you're happily doing it again.
You have been given links to the weirdos own tweets & still you claim she is the victim of misrepresentation. If you don't like Wiki, here is a link to her saying the above, verbatim. Straight from the horses mouth. Now deny it. Skip to 21:09

O'Doherty said: "it's my belief that the Catholic Church was infested at the start of the last century and into the 1920s, 30s, 40s... by communism and this is documented I mean there's an excellent account of lady Bella Dodd who was a communist in the American Communist Party, who describes how hundreds of young men were sent into seminaries to infest Catholicism with homosexuality and pedophilia ... so they've started a new form of child abuse in the schools which is the LGBT agenda
No one is voting for this insanity beyond a handful of weirdos.

jmcc

That's a good use of a fundamental right. I'm sure people who died to give you that right are delighted that they sacrificed their lives for you to piss off RTE and the times.
The "Irish" Times called for many of those people to be executed. I don't think that people should give a fúck what the Irish Times thinks and vote according to their conscience. If it is a protest vote, then let it be a protest vote.

muttsnuts

The "Irish" Times called for many of those people to be executed. I don't think that people should give a fúck what the Irish Times thinks and vote according to their conscience. If it is a protest vote, then let it be a protest vote.
Go ahead and protest vote. I don't give a shite. I can't fathom the idiocy of these people supporting this mad person. She claimed tonight that the ever elusive "they" facilitated and carried out paedophilia to create a brainwashed generation who would be more malleable for the globalist communist agenda. She's reached peak idiocy. If that's not obvious to people then they can go vote for her if they want.

I see ben gilroy is also running from his jail cell. What a shame that this will split the votes and make it even harder for gemma. Still, 200 votes shared between them would be an amazing result

jmcc

Go ahead and protest vote. I don't give a shite. I can't fathom the idiocy of these people supporting this mad person.
It is their right to vote for her if they wish. It does seem to be upsetting the party voters that people will vote for candidates other than their party's candidates. Dublin is shaping up to be an interesting contest with a lot of non-party candidates. They may cause some more fragmentation of the already fragmented Left vote and the additon of Clare Daly to the ticket has certainly changed things. Gemma O'Doherty is not going to have an easy time from the Dublin media but if she leverages her Social Media campaigning, it could give some less adept candidates a bit of a shock if she gets a reasonable vote. She may not win a seat but it will be interesting to see all the party hacks on P.ie get very upset at her daring to run in "their" election.

rainmaker

Administrator
It is their right to vote for her if they wish. It does seem to be upsetting the party voters that people will vote for candidates other than their party's candidates. Dublin is shaping up to be an interesting contest with a lot of non-party candidates. They may cause some more fragmentation of the already fragmented Left vote and the additon of Clare Daly to the ticket has certainly changed things. Gemma O'Doherty is not going to have an easy time from the Dublin media but if she leverages her Social Media campaigning, it could give some less adept candidates a bit of a shock if she gets a reasonable vote. She may not win a seat but it will be interesting to see all the party hacks on P.ie get very upset at her daring to run in "their" election.
I refer readers to my earlier post regarding the mistake the far right always make in assuming Youtube hits and the like represent endorsement, support and votes.

raetsel

it could give some less adept candidates a bit of a shock
I seriously doubt it.
The woman is a rather unhinged fanatic, peddling a unique dolly-mixture of scientifically discredited nonsense on the dangers of vaccines alongside very weird Islamophobic conspiracy theories.
It only attracts those voters on the lunatic fringes, still capable of
a) registering to vote.
and
b) finding their own way to the polling station....................and on the right day! :)

jmcc

I refer readers to my earlier post regarding the mistake the far right always make in assuming Youtube hits and the like represent endorsement, support and votes.
You have readers now? I didn't realise that you were a journalist. Perhaps the Irish General Election, Brexit, Trump all slipped your mind. Social Media played an important part in all of those elections and the people that you obviously expected not to vote went and voted. The rest is History as were the candidates who failed to use Social Media effectively.

HRC was the obvious example as she was completely out campaigned by Trump's antics on Twitter. Trump effectively bypassed the gatekeepers of the media by simply tweeting. Gemma O'Doherty is not quite on that level. He has 59.7 million followers whereas she only has 25.3K followers.

Lynn Boylan (SF) has 12.3K.
Frances Fitzgerald (FG) has 25.9K.
Alex White (Lab) has 8,634 followers.
Mark Durkan (FG/SDLP) has 11.5K followers.
Clare Daly has 24.9K followers.
Barry Andrews (FF) has 1,809 followers.
Ciaran Cuffe (Greens) has 12.3K followers.
Alice Mary Higgins has 5,767 followers.
Herman Kelly has 5,195 followers.
Gary Gannon (SocDems) has 8,144 followers.

Naturally, the geographic concentration of these followers matters (it is important that they can vote in the Dublin constituency). However, some of these candidates have relatively low numbers of followers and they will depend on their party machine to get votes. But this is all Irish politics. As indications of potential support amongst users of Twitter, the bulk of Durkan's followers may not be able to vote in Dublin. (He's SDLP rather than FG.) This is Irish politics rather than British politics. It is a multiseat constituency with a conditional seat based on Brexit becoming operational. Based on prior electoral performance and Social Media presence, the first three seats could be Daly, Boylan and Fitzgerald. Higgins is going to impact the Labour vote and Higgins and White could cancel each other out. Both have relatively low Social Media profiles. The fourth seat is going to be a battle between Cuffe (Greens) and Andrews (FF). Durkan may be dependent on Fitzgerald's transfers but Boylan and Daly are strong candidates. Gemma O'Doherty may end up with White, Higgins, Kelly, Gannon and the others but she will get votes.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Administrator
You have readers now? I didn't realise that you were a journalist. Perhaps the Irish General Election, Brexit, Trump all slipped your mind. Social Media played an important part in all of those elections and the people that you obviously expected not to vote went and voted. The rest is History as were the candidates who failed to use Social Media effectively.
Firstly yes, people tend to read when visiting this or indeed any forum. Look it up.

Secondly, there were many far greater influences on those outcomes than simply social media. That aside, her particularly laughable use of social media is hardly going to win over an electorate.

Claiming the NZ atrocity was a government false flag, 9/11 was an inside job, Veronica Geurin was murdered by the Irish government & her most recent zinger, the Catholic church is not to blame for the world wide abuse scandals because it was flooded with satanic pedophiles by the communist party in order to turn people against it.

Good luck selling that utter lunacy on the doorstep.

StirCharles

HRC was the obvious example as she was completely out campaigned by Trump's antics on Twitter. Trump effectively bypassed the gatekeepers of the media by simply tweeting. Gemma O'Doherty is not quite on that level. He has 59.7 million followers whereas she only has 25.3K followers.

Lynn Boylan (SF) has 12.3K.
Frances Fitzgerald (FG) has 25.9K.
Alex White (Lab) has 8,634 followers.
Mark Durkan (FG/SDLP) has 11.5K followers.
Clare Daly has 24.9K followers.
Barry Andrews (FF) has 1,809 followers.
Ciaran Cuffe (Greens) has 12.3K followers.
Alice Mary Higgins has 5,767 followers.
Herman Kelly has 5,195 followers.
Gary Gannon (SocDems) has 8,144 followers.

Naturally, the geographic concentration of these followers matters (it is important that they can vote in the Dublin constituency). However, some of these candidates have relatively low numbers of followers and they will depend on their party machine to get votes. But this is all Irish politics. As indications of potential support amongst users of Twitter, the bulk of Durkan's followers may not be able to vote in Dublin. (He's SDLP rather than FG.) This is Irish politics rather than British politics. It is a multiseat constituency with a conditional seat based on Brexit becoming operational. Based on prior electoral performance and Social Media presence, the first three seats could be Daly, Boylan and Fitzgerald. Higgins is going to impact the Labour vote and Higgins and White could cancel each other out. Both have relatively low Social Media profiles. The fourth seat is going to be a battle between Cuffe (Greens) and Andrews (FF). Durkan may be dependent on Fitzgerald's transfers but Boylan and Daly are strong candidates. Gemma O'Doherty may end up with White, Higgins, Kelly, Gannon and the others but she will get votes.
GOD is not worried about this election, the important one is the GE. What she needs is media exposure and she has already won. Ideally, she is hoping that there will be calls to exclude her from debates etc.

jmcc

Good luck selling that utter lunacy on the doorstep.
A lot of the English, Welsh and Scots voted for Brexit. The Germans voted for an East German Communist Party member and activist as their chancellor. Trump's campaign was made more effective by Cambridge Analytica. It is simply packaging the product for the intended target market. You cannot have failed to noticed how Social Media was used to influence voting patterns. There's no difference between marketing and political campaigning.

jmcc

GOD is not worried about this election, the important one is the GE. What she needs is media exposure and she has already won. Ideally, she is hoping that there will be calls to exclude her from debates etc.
Portraying herself as being an outsider could be effective but not enough to win a seat in the Euros. A Dail seat in the right constituency could be doable. The problem is that politicians like Clare Daly and Paul Murphy might be better at it.

StirCharles

Portraying herself as being an outsider could be effective but not enough to win a seat in the Euros. A Dail seat in the right constituency could be doable. The problem is that politicians like Clare Daly and Paul Murphy might be better at it.
It is a very smart move by her. For minimal expense she will win a lot of new recruits. She will know the support she can hope for going forward and it's location. People that expect her to go door to door and hang posters, are seriously living in the past.

sic transit

The GE is the toughest of the lot. More likely to end up in the first batch to be eliminated.