• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Judge cuts Examiners fees by 16%

Oldira1

No end to the greed by Dublin based professional I see:

Judge cuts fees of examiner by 16% - The Irish Times - Fri, Jun 18, 2010

The examiner wanted €425 and hour and rates for his staff of €210,185,150 and €100. In other words the junior who carries the lap-tops and makes the coffee was being charged out at €100 an hour!!!!

This is crazy greed and nothing to do with the market. Its milking the system by so called professionals.

Mossy Heneberry

I knew before clicking on that link who the Judge was going to be.

A HIGH Court judge has imposed a 16 per cent cut on fees for the interim examiner of the insolvent Residence private members club at St Stephen’s Green, Dublin. That reduction “equates much more to the realities of life in 2010”, Mr Justice Peter Kelly said.

meriwether

When will this persecution of the professional classes end?

Where's our NAMA?

Oh wait, yes, we have one. NAMA.

seenitallb4

This is only possible because of the near monopoly exercised by the professional bodies. I think its time to pull the rug from underneath them and allow anyone with an appropriate post-grad to practice.

Cassandra Syndrome

Come on folks, you can't be expecting the real wealth destroyers to be working for nothing.......

hammer

Accountants should be paid at least €300 per hour after qualification. Minimum.

Fair wage and nice big taxes to the exchequer :)

Morte

To play devil's advocate, is it not bizarre for a business to slash its prices when demand goes through the roof?

Oldira1

Now we see that NAMA were quoted €800 an hour by one 'expert'for a 500 hour assignment!!! Seemingly they were astounded! Now they are hiring 'at the lower end of the range offered FROM €180 an hour!!!(Cover story Irish Times today)

From €180 an hour......nearly the same as a carer gets in a week!!!

And people try to say NAMA is not a bailout for professionals!

Goodbody

I knew before clicking on that link who the Judge was going to be.
I've read that Peter Kelly attends the Tridentine Mass. I'm not all that religious myself, but perhaps it does give him a sort of moral compass that most of the country lacks.

slumdog1971

I've read that Peter Kelly attends the Tridentine Mass. I'm not all that religious myself, but perhaps it does give him a sort of moral compass that most of the country lacks.
For God's sake, will you go away and shove your "most of the country lacks" nonsense into a quiet and dark tunnel somewhere around the top of the back of your legs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies