Julian Assange OBE (Out Before Easter?)

razorblade

Anyone who believes in democracy should applaud this guy its sad how he's been treated as a traitor but those who stand up for what's right usually are regarded in this way by those who don't want the public to know the criminal activities they are involved in its just good to know that's it been exposed for the world to see and for that Assange gets my gratitude.

CookieMonster

33 replies. Two years ago a JA thread would have been on 333 by now, minimum. Nobody cares any more.
He shat on his own doorstep, nobody is coming to tea anymore.

CookieMonster

Anyone who believes in democracy should applaud this guy its sad how he's been treated as a traitor but those who stand up for what's right usually are regarded in this way by those who don't want the public to know the criminal activities they are involved in its just good to know that's it been exposed for the world to see and for that Assange gets my gratitude.
Those who believe in democracy should applaud him because rather than the full disclosure of information which we were led to believe Wikileaks was about, he took to strategically leaking specific information in order to influence elections?

Pull the other one.

rainmaker

Administrator
"I'm on Politics.ie lying about the UK's selfish strategic reasons for intervening in other nations and Chomsky is messing it up for me by telling the truth".
No, I doubt most people even realise he is still alive - do you think the west is worried about what he thinks?

Although to be fair I also doubt he would have any time for a nasty twisted racist either.

rainmaker

Administrator
He was aware of the consequences. What I disagree with is Eagles assertion that he is still looking for their attention to boost his ego.
Of course he is. That's why every now and then he makes his tedious announcements to the media. Why they still indulge him occasionally is beyond me personally.

rainmaker

Administrator
There'll be people reading him long after you're forgotten, Eagle might shed a year at your grave, others could maybe encourage the grass to grow.
Oh I am sure they will. And no doubt he was one of the foremost thinkers of his time. But their is no denying he is no longer the influence he once was.

sic transit

All happening in a matter of days? :)

DexterGreen22

No, I doubt most people even realise he is still alive - do you think the west is worried about what he thinks?

Although to be fair I also doubt he would have any time for a nasty twisted racist either.
Yes.

The magic word does not work anymore and I'm not more racist than the average voter in Japan. Nice to know that you think your no.1 ally in Asia-Pacific is full of nasty racists.

Your'e not lying about the UK's selfish strategic reasons for intervention in countries? Perhaps you think we zip up the back.

Them Russians and them Iranians are not giving you globalists the Western Med, or their only port in the Black Sea or piple lines through Syria without a fight.

And if comes down to it why should we Europeans, who you want to replace, side with you globalists and not Russian Nationalists? Putin has a Russia for the Russians attitude you have a Europe for everyone attitude, his attitude better suits our interests.

If Putin could offer oil and gas and maybe use the Russian Navy to stop the invasion of Europe from the south in exchange for more influence in western Eurasia at the expense of the Atlanticsts powers it's an offer that should be seriously considered.

rainmaker

Administrator
The magic word does not work anymore and I'm not more racist than the average voter in Japan. Nice to know that you think your no.1 ally in Asia-Pacific is full of nasty racists.
I wasn't aware that Japan had recommended letting 'the competition drown in the med' because they were worried about white women in interracial relationships.

I mean whatever you say, that is text book racism and would sicken most people.

I doubt Chomsky would entertain such a cretin, and your concern for Muslims killed as utterly effected and hollow.

GDPR

Assange and his groupies backed wrong side

The Wikileaks founder persuaded his acolytes that the US was the enemy but it turned out to be Russia and Facebook

Only five years ago, life was so simple. Julian Assange and Edward Snowden were heroes, defending individual freedom and privacy against the depredations of overweening state power. Western intelligence agencies were the arch-villains, reckless and unaccountable snoopers. Nato was an anachronism and worries about Russia were strictly for scaremongers. Facebook was a nice way of sharing information and keeping up with your friends. Antisemitism was bad, and so was Israel.

Now everything looks more complicated. Mr Assange’s hosts at the Ecuadorean embassy in London have removed his internet access after he issued a series of tweets implicitly backing the Russian approach to the nerve-agent attack in Salisbury. Many of his fans had already lost patience, finding the Wikileaks founder divisive, duplicitous and sexist.

Mr Assange’s personal qualities aside, the self-professed whistleblowing organisation no longer looks like a bastion of integrity. Its reputation is tarnished by its role in smearing Hillary Clinton and in trying to help Donald Trump’s election campaign. Carelessness has not helped either: if you are going to leak secrets, you should do so carefully. Wikileaks has let slip personal details of people such as anti-Taliban activists in Afghanistan and crime correspondents for Russian news outlets whose only mistake was to trust western officials’ ability to keep their identities secure.

The Nato-bashing and Kremlin-loving camp used to be an almost wholly left-wing preserve.

Facebook has emerged as a far bigger threat to privacy than anything the state can get up to, at least in western countries. The huge data heist perpetrated by Mr Snowden in 2013 did not reveal a single instance of interference by western intelligence agencies in public life. GCHQ is allowed to breach our privacy only when it can prove that its activities are necessary and proportionate; it does so under a formidable mixture of political, parliamentary and judicial oversight.

The constraints on Facebook are flimsy by comparison. The worries the Snowdenistas highlighted about the — theoretical — abuse of state power seem almost irrelevant given the way big technology companies really do hoover up details about the most intimate parts of our private lives and then sell them to make money.

This is a good article, worth reading in toto.
One comment :D:
[Assange] needs to get out more

DexterGreen22

I wasn't aware that Japan had recommended letting 'the competition drown in the med' because they were worried about white women in interracial relationships.

I mean whatever you say, that is text book racism and would sicken most people.

I doubt Chomsky would entertain such a cretin, and your concern for Muslims killed as utterly effected and hollow.
I mentioned a gender imbalance, I never said I had anything against that. Just no gender imbalance and Europe maintaining it's overwhelming White majority. If Japan was in a similar situation I'm sure Japanese men would be.
Do you not think, using your own standards of what constitutes wascism, that Japan is racist?

By the way bombing Libya was a much, much, much worse than simply letting someone drown in the Med.

I don't have much concern for them but I do not pretend to. You pretend to care about Syria (not so much Yemen) because you have selfish strategic reasons for doing so.

Shifting your manufacturing base from China to your near abroad makes sense to a point, best to do that before sailing your new aircraft carrier through the South China Sea, but not the cheap migrant labour and the replacement of European peoples.

You, or the multiple people operating your account, really really don't like talking about any of your selfish reasons for being in the ME or Libya.

Last edited:

Surkov

GETTING JULIAN ASSANGE: THE UNTOLD STORY

Julian Assange has been vindicated because the Swedish case against him was corrupt. The prosecutor, Marianne Ny, obstructed justice and should be prosecuted. Her obsession with Assange not only embarrassed her colleagues and the judiciary but exposed the Swedish state's collusion with the United States in its crimes of war and "rendition".

Had Assange not sought refuge in the Ecuadorean embassy in London, he would have been on his way to the kind of American torture pit Chelsea Manning had to endure.

This prospect was obscured by the grim farce played out in Sweden. "It's a laughing stock," said James Catlin, one of Assange's Australian lawyers. "It is as if they make it up as they go along"...

It may have seemed that way, but there was always serious purpose. In 2008, a secret Pentagon document prepared by the "Cyber Counterintelligence Assessments Branch" foretold a detailed plan to discredit WikiLeaks and smear Assange personally.

The "mission" was to destroy the "trust" that was WikiLeaks' "centre of gravity". This would be achieved with threats of "exposure [and] criminal prosecution". Silencing and criminalising such an unpredictable source of truth-telling was the aim.

Perhaps this was understandable. WikiLeaks has exposed the way America dominates much of human affairs, including its epic crimes, especially in Afghanistan and Iraq: the wholesale, often homicidal killing of civilians and the contempt for sovereignty and international law...

Post-truth

************************ers [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8wvAucS9o[/video]

RasherHash

Mairead Maguire, has today written to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee in Oslo to nominate Julian Assange, Editor-in-Chief of Wikileaks, for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.

“Julian Assange and his colleagues in Wikileaks have shown on numerous occasions that they are one of the last outlets of true democracy and their work for our freedom and speech. Their work for true peace by making public our governments’ actions at home and abroad has enlightened us to their atrocities carried out in the name of so-called democracy around the world. This included footage of inhumanity carried out by NATO/Military, the release of email correspondence revealing the plotting of regime change in Eastern Middle countries, and the parts our elected officials paid in deceiving the public. This is a huge step in our work for disarmament and nonviolence worldwide.

Mairead Maguire Nominates Julian Assange for Nobel Peace Prize - World Beyond War . . .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies