• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Juncker to address joint session of the Oireachtas, dinner in his honor after in Dublin Castle

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Juncker's imperial overreach to his EC role, was a significant factor in the UK choosing Brexit

Plenty has been written before on his sleazy/gropey/boozy style

It seems now that Ireland is to honor him in a manner well beyond a normal Head of State visit

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/uk-will-not-be-trusted-if-it-fails-to-honour-border-commitment-1.3537855?mode=amp
Mr Juncker will address a joint sitting of the Dáil and Seanad, and Mr Varadkar will hold a dinner in Mr Juncker’s honour in Dublin Castle on Thursday night
He is however, an unelected flunky, perennial hanger-on...and all round poster boy for what has gone wrong with the European project

(1) Does he deserve such honors from Ireland ?
(2) How will our fêting of this oleaginous turd play in the UK ?

Cyp

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
This is the kind of mediocrity with their hands on the tiller of ship of Europe. 500 million people. Cynical, arrogant, childless, beige-grey, rich, pensioned to f**k and detached from reality.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Also Juncker will expect to sample the lady partners of the Irish senior team, he normally likes to do it up on the banqueting table...wonder will Health and Safety have them tested for weight ?

Cyp

flavirostris

It will be embarrassing to see our elected politicians grovelling in front of this unelected bozo.

Mitsui2

In the real world, meanwhile...

(Sorry, cYp, but you know how it goes - they put a gun/bun to me head!)

Vega1447

Juncker's imperial overreach to his EC role, was a significant factor in the UK choosing Brexit

It seems now that Ireland is to honor him in a manner well beyond a normal Head of State visit

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/uk-will-not-be-trusted-if-it-fails-to-honour-border-commitment-1.3537855?mode=amp

He is however, an unelected flunky, perennial hanger-on...and all round poster boy for what has gone wrong with the European project

Cyp
As we have no problem with Charlie Windsor and his extended family visiting (also unelected, also oleaginous, I'll leave the s41t references to you) why not someone (Junker) who can help deal with the Brexit mess.

Why the hatred for Junker? When the Pope visits will you be equally agitated? Or if Trump (a seriously nasty piece of work) visits?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There is something unconvincing about the way various chancers are feted. It doesn't exactly inspire a sense of trust in the judgement of one's government.

At one time Mugabe was going around the world being feted as the leading edge of a new Africa.Honorary degrees, banquets, the lot.

derryman

If nothing else , p.ie has, for me been a magnificent illustration as to why this small nation was so easily cowed , contained and divided for 800 years. Here we have our friends and allies come to stand with us again, against the old enemy who has for centuries used us as a pawn, a dumping ground for their social ills , and training ground for its armed forces, and what are these fűck wits above saying.
For Goodness sake please zoo this garbage, I am ashamed to share a forum with these backstabbing traitorous bastards never mind giving them a thread to spew their utter balderdash.

Boy M5

What's the problem?
This is excellent diplomacy by the DFA.

Message has to be sent to the UK.

GDPR

What's the problem?
This is excellent diplomacy by the DFA.

Message has to be sent to the UK.
Indeed, what could they be thinking inviting the main EU players here on the eve of potentially a crucial EU summit? Do they not know that we should exit the EU to facilitate our true allies in Westminster?

It's as if they are not one with Brexit heart and mind of steel. Surely these Irish subjects have not been unduly influenced by Brussels such that they've begun to think for themselves? Time for a firmly written letter to remind them of their station in the world!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

GDPR

If nothing else , p.ie has, for me been a magnificent illustration as to why this small nation was so easily cowed , contained and divided for 800 years. Here we have our friends and allies come to stand with us again, against the old enemy who has for centuries used us as a pawn, a dumping ground for their social ills , and training ground for its armed forces, and what are these fűck wits above saying.
For Goodness sake please zoo this garbage, I am ashamed to share a forum with these backstabbing traitorous bastards never mind giving them a thread to spew their utter balderdash.
Forgive the quislings for they do not know what they say.

valamhic

Cyp
Agreed

valamhic

As we have no problem with Charlie Windsor and his extended family visiting (also unelected, also oleaginous, I'll leave the s41t references to you) why not someone (Junker) who can help deal with the Brexit mess.

Why the hatred for Junker? When the Pope visits will you be equally agitated? Or if Trump (a seriously nasty piece of work) visits?
I never voted for monarchy with authority to make decisions for me.

Dame_Enda

Cyp
He is unelected but the last time they introduced a little more democracy by choosing the candidate with the most EP members supporting them as President of the Commission. It isnt enshrined in the Treaties however.

derryman

Forgive the quislings for they do not know what they say.

No I will not forgive them. There are a rare few times in a nations history when , regardless of the slight differences , it is in the best interests of the nation that we all stand together.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies