• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

junk books featuring junk food passing as readers in at least 1 Irish school

anationoceagain

What happens in the end? You have little to be worrying about.....

Johnnybaii

Ahh, McDonalds, like the Catholic Church they like to get at them when they're young.

stakerwallace

Someone made a dog's dinner out of that!

ger12

Ffs

RobertW

Ahh, McDonalds, like the Catholic Church they like to get at them when they're young.
As was excellently pointed out by the documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock in his 2004 film "Supersize Me" - the entirety of which can be found on Youtube

YouTube

This film should be mandatory viewing in every school in the country.

anationoceagain

Children shouldn't be exposed to cheap pine wood tables at that age. could scar them for life...

Analyzer

As was excellently pointed out by the documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock in his 2004 film "Supersize Me" - the entirety of which can be found on Youtube

YouTube

Look....Pravda nor TVTripe will not show it. And it definitely will not get on the curriculum.

It is up to independent teachers like you wuth a conscience.

And nowadays, that means that you might even get yourself into trouble.

Analyzer

It is a disgrace.

They should be learning how to work hard to pay taxes for Goldmine Sucks, and to serve in the EU's Imperial expansion.

Dan_Murphy

YouTube

Super Size me was incredibly biased though, I would show it as a lesson in how not to do a documentary.

anationoceagain

It is a disgrace.

They should be learning how to work hard to pay taxes for Goldmine Sucks, and to serve in the EU's Imperial expansion.
Burger flippin right

anationoceagain

Good god. That books horrific.
ah c'mon...it's produced by Nelson, one of the big educational publishers. but pushy parent syndrome in this country means people are almost afraid to let their kids be exposed to anything that isn't composed of organic muesli and lentils.

D

Dylan2010

ah c'mon...it's produced by Nelson, one of the big educational publishers. but pushy parent syndrome in this country means people are almost afraid to let their kids be exposed to anything that isn't composed of organic muesli and lentils.
to be fair there would be more educational value if they went down to their local supermarkets and read the product labels. If a major educational company thinks that product placement and three words per page passes for reading material then it doesnt say much for the schools that order these books.

Apparently one poster tweeted Jamie Oliver , he'll have a cononary :D

seabhcan

I dont have a dog, but I suspect burgers aren't a healthy food choice for them either.

niall78

Pure propaganda. as another poster above said it's just an attempt to get them indoctrinated at a younger age. I find this corporate takeover of schools and their preaching to a captive young audience to be very nasty. Aren't there new rules for advertising this junk food sh1t to kids?

Last edited:

Analyzer

All inconsequential when children waste so much time on television programming......

Reck-less

Some time back McDonalds tried to introduce more fruit into Kids' Happy Meals:

We all know what's always included in a McDonald's Happy Meal: a burger or chicken nuggets, french fries, a toy, a soft drink. And fruit?

McDonald's announced today (June 26) that it will automatically include both produce AND french fries in every Happy Meal, meaning parents and kids no longer have to opt for either fries or fruit.
McDonald's Happy Meals To Get Less Fries, More Fruit

My first though when I heard this:

Super-size my banana! :D

D

Dylan2010

Pure propaganda. as another poster above said it's just an attempt to get them indoctrinated at a younger age. I find this corporate takeover of schools and their preaching to a captive young audience to be very nasty. Aren't their new rules for advertising this junk food sh1t to kids?
the greens have given it a good go, I had my 8 year old lecturing me about leaving the TV on.