Karen Bradley, an insult to the people of Ireland.

Gin Soaked

There has definitely been a hierarchy of victims.
What is jawdropping is how, as NI secretary, she is unaware of Cameron's speech on Bloody Sunday.

Which should be part of any briefing for a new NI secretary. So that shows an utter contempt for her role.

Cameron was hapless and disastrous on the brexit farce. But he knew what was expected in terms of showing some respect for victims. Even if utterly tone deaf on the risks to NI should brexit pass.

And then we have the courting of the DUP

So, in conclusion, viewed holistically, what we now have is a comprehensive reversal of UK policy towards NI since John Major became PM .

And it is all the Tories fault. 100%.

darkhorse4

What is jawdropping is how, as NI secretary, she is unaware of Cameron's speech on Bloody Sunday.

Which should be part of any briefing for a new NI secretary. So that shows an utter contempt for her role.

Cameron was hapless and disastrous on the brexit farce. But he knew what was expected in terms of showing some respect for victims. Even if utterly tone deaf on the risks to NI should brexit pass.

And then we have the courting of the DUP

So, in conclusion, viewed holistically, what we now have is a comprehensive reversal of UK policy towards NI since John Major became PM .

And it is all the Tories fault. 100%.
The only positive thing to come out of it is the realistation in Europe of the obnoxious neighbours we have had to put up with for the last 800 years (with the short interval around the GFA in fairness)
That will work in our favour for years to come.

Ireniall

She is a member of and MP for the conservative and unionist party. Her govt is supported by the DUP. She is a Unionist, just a spectularly ignorant one. Judging the Tories on the current members she is about as clued in as they come.
I agree entirely but we're better off with an honest half eejit than a cunning little malignant. The freedom fighter/ terrorist problem is too much for any mere democracy to solve. That is a problem which should have been solved before democracy came about. She has not the beginnings of a clue but it's not as if there are any ready answers.

michael-mcivor

Looks like some Pars are to be charged tomorrow for bloody-Sunday- The Secretary of State Karen Bradley says today whilst brit troops who fought in Ireland don’t qualify under the early release of the GFA-( dumb Brits )- they will bring forward legislation to help their X troops out if they are found guilty- there you have it- Brits opposed to the law- how many stupid self serving statements is that cow going to come out with-

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
That is an interesting new concept allright. We'll help them out with legislation if they are found guilty.

Funny how fast the law can move when it is in its interest. Rather puts the impossibility of taking bonuses back from investment bankers into perspective.

McSlaggart

Looks like some Pars are to be charged tomorrow for bloody-Sunday- The Secretary of State Karen Bradley says today whilst brit troops who fought in Ireland don’t qualify under the early release of the GFA-( dumb Brits )- they will bring forward legislation to help their X troops out if they are found guilty- there you have it- Brits opposed to the law- how many stupid self serving statements is that cow going to come out with-

The PSNI are at the same shit today of not being able to find records of the illegal activities of their boys. **** I am so pissed at the British for all this shit and cover-ups.

michael-mcivor

The PSNI are at the same shit today of not being able to find records of the illegal activities of their boys. **** I am so pissed at the British for all this shit and cover-ups.
The PSNI asking people to come forward with evidence of any crime is so two-faced whilst the PSNI hide evidence of RUC crimes against the Catholic people-

Mickeymac

After 47 years, I sincerely hope the victim's families receive the justice they so richly deserve.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
This calls for the sublime diplomatic skills and deep political nous of Minister of State for Northern Ireland Ms K Brady.

I am all agog to hear what Ms Brady says next. It's like 'Bridget Jones Does Belfast'.

Mickeymac

The PSNI asking people to come forward with evidence of any crime is so two-faced whilst the PSNI hide evidence of RUC crimes against the Catholic people-

People foolishly went to the RUC to report incidents during the height of the troubles only to be gunned down on their own doorsteps by the loyalist death squads aided and abetted by the BA.

Mickeymac

The PSNI have lost all credibility at this stage.

No doubt about that, they started off so well when formed and have only themselves to blame for losing all credibility.

Not uncommon in the six counties, unionist politicians tried power sharing and found they could not handle it, another sad episode which I am sure will be well talked and written about in the new Ireland of equals.

Newrybhoy

Are you pissed at SF/IRA for their illegal activities and for covering up their murders?

Which were in far greater numbers of course.

McSlaggart

Feel free not to ring them when disaster strikes.

But of course you will.

I have friends in the PSNI. That does not change the fact that the outfit has lost all credibility. I know someone who's brother was a RUC officer murdered by IRA was given all sorts of abuse during the flag protests and the PSNI. The police in question had been drafted in from outside the town in which she lived and they did not know her.

God forgive me but even after that I still hoped things would change........