Karen Bradley fired as NI SoS

belfast1981

Seems to be breaking news. Karen Bradley is gone.

Horrible SoS that somehow managed to unite Unionist and Nationalists in their contempt for her. However the sad truth is this. No SoS be it Labour or Tory will ever have NI's interests at heart. They are elected MPs for their own area and those interests come first. They are essentially double jobbing. Something has to change. We need someone 100% committed to NI and not someone who's time is split between here, their constituency and parliament.

We badly need another Mo Mowlam.

McSlaggart

Something has to change. We need someone 100% committed to NI and not someone who's time is split between here, their constituency and parliament.

Things are changing at a rapid pace. The idea of "Northern Ireland" is hard to take serious when things are increasingly carried out in the most effective manner without worrying about the border.

Catahualpa

Website
irelandinhistory.blogspot.com
Seems to be breaking news. Karen Bradley is gone.

Horrible SoS that somehow managed to unite Unionist and Nationalists in their contempt for her. However the sad truth is this. No SoS be it Labour or Tory will ever have NI's interests at heart. They are elected MPs for their own area and those interests come first. They are essentially double jobbing. Something has to change. We need someone 100% committed to NI and not someone who's time is split between here, their constituency and parliament.

Mo was hated by the Unionists!

Why would you want more of the same?

belfast1981

I do get that. However, what I meant was that Mo was probably the last NI SoS who actually seemingly cared about NI and it wasn't just something that is there when needed by the mainland (see DUP pact with Tories or UUP pact with the Tories etc)

Currently the SoS position is just another job to those in it. There is no commitment or care to actually doing anything.

We need someone who will actually work for us.

Mickeymac

All British SOStates were hated by unionists, some even physically attacked by the Paisley mobs...........except of course the recent AH's appointed since the Tory's went far right.

Catahualpa

Website
I do get that. However, what I meant was that Mo was probably the last NI SoS who actually seemingly cared about NI and it wasn't just something that is there when needed by the mainland (see DUP pact with Tories or UUP pact with the Tories etc)

Currently the SoS position is just another job to those in it. There is no commitment or care to actually doing anything.

We need someone who will actually work for us.
Yes Mo cared about what she was doing

But to most SOS the North is either a place you go to learn the ropes

- or where you are sent into Exile for past misdemeanours.....:oops:

Last edited:

NYCKY

Yes Mo cared about what she was doing

But to most SOS the North is either a place you go to learn the ropes

- or where you are sent into Exile for past misdemeanours.....:oops:

It;s been a very mixed bag for those appointed, Merlyn Rees, Douglas Hurd and Tom King went onto have very senior positions in the Cabinet, Mandelson got a nice gig in the Euro Commission though to be fair, he was Blair's bestie too. Others like Bradley , Theresa Villiers and Owen Patterson were either incompetent or too greedy for something better that they didn't do too well out of it.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Bradley was a bloody nightmare. An over-promoted PA at best. Some of her statements at the commencement of her ill-fated term in that office were just absurd.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Wasn't she some sort of McKinsey consultant? As the old saying goes a consultant is someone who turns bullsh*t into airmiles and in fairness she couldn't even do that adequately with the NI office.

SgtBilko

I'm warming to the new NI SOS already...... πŸ‘Œ

"I have been so impressed by the calibre of DUP MPs in Westminster led by Nigel Dodds. They are a credit to the DUP & they are a credit to NI...my door as chief whip is open whenever you want". - Julian Smith (the new NI SOS) 2017.

belcoo666

I'm warming to the new NI SOS already...... πŸ‘Œ

"I have been so impressed by the calibre of DUP MPs in Westminster led by Nigel Dodds. They are a credit to the DUP & they are a credit to NI...my door as chief whip is open whenever you want". - Julian Smith (the new NI SOS) 2017.
So in other words hes a liar or is as stupid as you . Or perhaps both

SgtBilko

So in other words hes a liar or is as stupid as you . Or perhaps both
Now, now... don't be wasting all your bitterness too early. Save some for when we Brexit and Leo puts up that hard border between you and Blacklion.

Enjoy. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Catahualpa

Website
It;s been a very mixed bag for those appointed, Merlyn Rees, Douglas Hurd and Tom King went onto have very senior positions in the Cabinet, Mandelson got a nice gig in the Euro Commission though to be fair, he was Blair's bestie too. Others like Bradley , Theresa Villiers and Owen Patterson were either incompetent or too greedy for something better that they didn't do too well out of it.
Well TV has got Environment so that is one in her cap - True Blue too going back centuries

- but will she be a breath of Fresh Air? :whistle:

McTell

Twitter
No
The MacShane has given the ruling of a coiced to a MacGowan

It was ever thus

Pyewacket

Smith is just a no mark brown noser. I think he won some parody award for the most pathetically obvious Promote Me, Please twitter feed, which consisted of nothing but declarations of undying support for Dave Cameron, then Treeza May, and now we presume Boris.

Basically, he would chew his arm off for ministerial office, even if it is a pitcher of pee like NI. He probably knows he won't be there long anyway.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies