• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kate Middleton's Kerry ancestry

FloatingVoterTralee

It appears "The Kingdom" is living up to its nickname, with Kate Middleton descended from a long line of Fitzmaurices, making current Kerry manager Eamon a distant relation. Of course, virtually everyone can purport to some royal antecedents if one goes far enough back, my own surname allegedly deriving from the famous mediaeval clan of the McCarthy Mór, the unfortunate incidence of same ancestor falling asleep in battle leading directly to defeat!

ne0ica

Which is even more reason Royal families are obsolete and should be left to children fairy tales.

Boy M5

Will she squeeze on a Ryanair flight to Farranfore to be personally welcolmed to Kerry for "the gathering" by Vlad, only for the multi pension earning, guffawing, John Brutal to push Vlad out of the way, so Brutal can personally welcome her to Ireland?

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The FitzMaurices are a Norman Planter Family.

I wonder how many Irish they killed/starved/evicted.

blokesbloke

Personally I agreed with Hilary Mantel.

Kate has always got on my nerves and is very dull.

I kind of understand why - she's trying to do everything absolutely right. It's probably inevitable for someone not born royal, but she's very dreary.

Mind you I'm not a royalist and care very little for the royal family.

I suppose a bit of Irish ancestry might make her a bit more interesting, but not much.

florin

The FitzMaurices are a Norman Planter Family.

I wonder how many Irish they killed/starved/evicted.
So even after 900 or so years they're still not Irish? Surely any look at any Irish person's ancestry shows an enormous mix of origins.

flavirostris

She is fine posh totty. William is lucky to be getting into the sack with such a fox each evening.

Ex celt

So even after 900 or so years they're still not Irish? Surely any look at any Irish person's ancestry shows an enormous mix of origins.
Where does all this leave Andy Townsend and the Icecream man?

Eire1976

It appears "The Kingdom" is living up to its nickname, with Kate Middleton descended from a long line of Fitzmaurices, making current Kerry manager Eamon a distant relation. Of course, virtually everyone can purport to some royal antecedents if one goes far enough back, my own surname allegedly deriving from the famous mediaeval clan of the McCarthy Mór, the unfortunate incidence of same ancestor falling asleep in battle leading directly to defeat!
Thought she might be a relation of the Healy Rae clan, invites to the palace for Jackie :)

neiphin

McCarthy/dundins ?

Moshe Dayan

That's fantastic!

I wonder would this mean that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would pay us a visit?? I hope so! It would be a great boost for the country!

borntorum

That's fantastic!

I wonder would this mean that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would pay us a visit?? I hope so! It would be a great boost for the country!
One eyed indeed...welcome to the forum

Boy M5

That's fantastic!

Are you John Brutal?

sport02

You should be banned, just for that statement.
Where is Ex Celt boy from, north or south of the border? Possibly a bitter northener. Don't think that bollocks has enough salt and vinegar for the massive chip on his shoulder.

Last edited:

Gurdiev

Oh sh1t , we're not going to have the royals showing up forthe gathering are we ?

Moshe Dayan

There's a lot of pro-british and partitionist scum-bags on this site.

What Patriotic Irish people need to remember is that the majority of British people want the reunification of Ireland and the majority of Irish people want the reunification of our country.
Why does supporting partition and the protection of Ulster Scot culture make you a scumbag??

I would have thought that blowing up women and children in busy shopping streets would be more of a scumbag thing to do?