Kathrine Zappone now "gone native"

MINISTER

I have been listening and watching how Minister Zappone has behaved in relation to the McCabe crisis. Her utterances of today saying she may have been cautious and her backing down re (Comical Ali) Kenny has been so disappointing.

It strikes me as if she has gone totally native where protecting an Taoiseach and Ministers is more important than behaving with honour, integrity and above all - honesty. These qualities she displayed as an activist and advocate. Sadly, now disappeared!

Shame on her.

stopdoingstuff

I have been listening and watching how Minister Zappone has behaved in relation to the McCabe crisis. Her utterances of today saying she may have been cautious and her backing down re (Comical Ali) Kenny has been so disappointing.

It strikes me as if she has gone totally native where protecting an Taoiseach and Ministers is more important than behaving with honour, integrity and above all - honesty. These qualities she displayed as an activist and advocate. Sadly, now disappeared!

Shame on her.
Different incentives.

west'sawake

Shame on her.
I ain't no fan of this particular cultural Marxist whose activism in 'equality' quangoes has been financed via a lot of loot from Chuck Feeney's Atlantic Philanthropies, groomed in a way for public office, be it by quango to be T.D, senator, but by any objective standard she comes out of the latest events with more credibility and consistency than the Taoiseach. Dr Zappone, an academic, was bound to have a greater grasp of detail, of the sequence of events, and no doubt a better documentation record and process/meeting keeping record including her own comments, than our Taoiseach who as we know can ad lib in a foot in mouth, hyperbolic manner.

Last edited:

Half Nelson

As Minister for Children, Zappone has a duty to find out wtf is going on at Tusla. I'm aware she has ordered an inquiry, but she'd better not sit on it.
These people are in charge of child welfare and it looks like they've become a part of the department of dirty tricks.

MINISTER

I ain't no fan of this particular cultural Marxist whose activism via 'equality' quangoes has been finnanced vai a lot of loot from Chuck Feeney's Atlantic Philanthropies, groomed in a way for public office, be it by quango or by T.D, or the Seanad, but by any objective standard she comes out of the latest events with more credibility and consistency than the Taoiseach. Dr Zappone, an academic, was bound to have a greater grasp of detail, of the sequence of events, and no doubt a better documentation record and process/meeting keeping record including her own comments, than our Taoiseach who as we know can ad lib in a foot in mouth, hyperbolic manner.
Indeed, but we don't expect much from Kenny. So I can't be disappointed in him - just irritated. However, I expected truthfulness (sadly lacking in Irish politics) from Dr. Zappone. Instead I am hearing evasiveness.

PeaceGoalie

What was this lesbian extremist doing on holidays in the USA?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

Shame on her.
Wallace and Daly made a point of praising Zappone and saying what she said in the Dail today was honest, in contrast to Kenny and Fitzgerald, even Mattie McGrath said it too.

the cabinet seem to be not telling each other stuff for fear of leaks. Zappone may not have said anything in cabinet but it seems she'd already spoken to Kenny so decided not to say it in cabinet thats wrong, but other knew about this before she was even minister.

Last edited:

Northsideman

Shame on her.
She's a politician doing what politicians do.

west'sawake

Indeed, but we don't expect much from Kenny. So I can't be disappointed in him - just irritated. However, I expected truthfulness (sadly lacking in Irish politics) from Dr. Zappone. Instead I am hearing evasiveness.
Again, in fairness to her, I didn't see that. She is consistent in so far as Kenny has always been preferable to her as Taoiseach than a FF one, and she has form in that.

PeaceGoalie

Wallace and Daly made a point of praising Zappone and saying what she said in the Dail today was honest, even Mattie McGrath said it too.

the cabinet seem to be not telling each other stuff for fear of leaks. Zappone may not have said anything in but it seems she'd already spoken to Kenny so decided not to say it in cabinet thast wrong but other knew about this before she was even minister.
Strikes me the cabinet are circling the wagons or, to be more precise, setting up their chess pieces. They have been under attack by Labour and FF (we can discount the Sinn Fein murder gang) and now Wallace and Daly are back. I reckon this a a staged defence and possible counter attack.

storybud1

I ain't no fan of this particular cultural Marxist whose activism in 'equality' quangoes has been financed via a lot of loot from Chuck Feeney's Atlantic Philanthropies, groomed in a way for public office, be it by quango or by T.D, or the Seanad, but by any objective standard she comes out of the latest events with more credibility and consistency than the Taoiseach. Dr Zappone, an academic, was bound to have a greater grasp of detail, of the sequence of events, and no doubt a better documentation record and process/meeting keeping record including her own comments, than our Taoiseach who as we know can ad lib in a foot in mouth, hyperbolic manner.
Dr. ? academic ? oh, for fooks sake, mickey mouse waffler found in any student union canteen,,

she is just another bullsh1tter chasing pensions,

The taxpayer has funded her lifestyle right up to her dubious mileage expenses, it never ceases to amaze me how the champions of the downtrodden line their pockets with said taxes upon the downtrodden.

She is as much a joke as the rest of them, we all know, even she knows it, but it fooking pays,,

stopdoingstuff

I have a soft spot for her because she has balls and I like her, but it has to be said that at the end of the day she supports degenerate values i.e. feminism, infanticide, promoting and rewarding single parenthood while knowing it is inferior to the nuclear family.

Roberto Jordan

Shame on her.
there is an inference of higher levels of probity amongst politicians in other nations , in this case most pertinently the US, in your headline. However this is unjustified..
Further you ignore her farcical use of mileage claims in the past - a far better indication of character in my view given its self instigated , small minded nature .

Ignoring the current fiasco of an executive branch on the one hand and the , IMO over the top, media / social meda apoplexy on the other hand it is fair to say that at a national level in the US and the UK both the issue you mention and the questions raised by the one I did would , for most average politicians, end or impede their career.

however in the US at a state level in Albany or Trenton strange expense and aide appointment arrangements are common and obfuscation & stonewalling are par for the course.

I am not as much a follower of UK politics but recent council level fiascos with , for example, Surry local taxes and the CPO of Millwall Fc's ground suggest that once one moves beyond westminster answers are also less forthcoming.

Finally I would add my point of view that the reason Capitol Hill and W/minster seem cleaner is , in part, that the scandals and corruption are simply at much much bigger scale and so harder to conceptualize, less specific / granular and more impressive in a way....

corporal punishment

strikes me the cabinet are circling the wagons or, to be more precise, setting up their chess pieces. They have been under attack by labour and ff (we can discount the sinn fein murder gang) and now wallace and daly are back. I reckon this a a staged defence and possible counter attack.
ffs.:roll:

west'sawake

Dr. ? academic ? oh, for fooks sake, mickey mouse waffler found in any student union canteen,,

she is just another bullsh1tter chasing pensions,

The taxpayer has funded her lifestyle right up to her dubious mileage expenses, it never ceases to amaze me how the champions of the downtrodden line their pockets with said taxes upon the downtrodden.

She is as much a joke as the rest of them, we all know, even she knows it, but it fooking pays,,

Yes the tax payer has funded her, as they have all politicians, but she has also done very very well out of the deconstructionist quangoes beloved of the left. That said, she has come out of this better than many of her Cabinet colleagues, so far. The irony though should not be lost on people that the whole child protection industry, children rights alliance, are now having to deal with a fear articulated by many on the no side of the children's rights referendum. Are those who monitor 'the best interests' of the child, always going to be a benevolent force. Right now it seems that TUSLA and the HSE have a lot to answer for. As a cultural Marxist who is part of that whole quango apparatus, it is to her credit that she could clearly see something was rotten, and as I said, ideologically, I would be in no way sympathetic to what our pro abort minister for children represents, an almost Orwellian type of 'equality', a new Copernican revolution, where the State is the Sun, the primary carer, only its light cannot be benevolent, the State is not a person, and cannot be. The cold hand of clinical, ruthless process, where all are suspect, is what this kind of 'benevolent' State is about, where a drum beat of a frenzy of 'what about the children' leads to miscarriages of justice, as we are now clearly seeing. Welcome to the rainbow land of 'equality', the dark colours now becoming apparent.

Last edited:

PeaceGoalie

I have a soft spot for her because she has balls and I like her, but it has to be said that at the end of the day she supports degenerate values i.e. feminism, infanticide, promoting and rewarding single parenthood while knowing it is inferior to the nuclear family.
Lesbians don't have balls. They don't come with the job description.

ffs.:roll:
As an Taoiseach and others pointed out, the Sinn Fein murder gang do not have any credibility, least of all regarding the security forces, whose killers they hero worship.

Dynamo

As an Taoiseach and others pointed out, the Sinn Fein murder gang do not have any credibility, least of all regarding the security forces, whose killers they hero worship.
Yes, because ANYTHING Enda says has such great credibility :shock:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies