• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Katie Taylor to box in Olympics!

bobbysands81

Ireland's best athlete has been given the green light to box in the Olympics!

Women's boxing gets Olympic nod
Olympic Games: Katie Taylor’s dream of fighting for a gold medal at the Olympics in 2012 was granted today after a meeting of the executive of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Berlin rubber-stamped the inclusion of women's boxing in the programme for the London Games.

Women's boxing gets Olympic nod - The Irish Times - Thu, Aug 13, 2009

zakalwe1

Fantastic!

Kerrygold

I see you have 666 post tompatrick!

On the subject of the thread; great news. A real prospect of Ireland getting a Gold!

mmrebel

At least we are in with a good shout with a gold , Hopefully the rugby will be next.

LDF

Ireland's best athlete has been given the green light to box in the Olympics!

Women's boxing gets Olympic nod
Olympic Games: Katie Taylor’s dream of fighting for a gold medal at the Olympics in 2012 was granted today after a meeting of the executive of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Berlin rubber-stamped the inclusion of women's boxing in the programme for the London Games.

Women's boxing gets Olympic nod - The Irish Times - Thu, Aug 13, 2009
Great news. Hopefully one day she will have the "pleasure" of meeting TomPatrick.

He3

Great athlete, deserves her chance.

jmayo

two tarts boxing the boobs off each other as the man looks on. . . Something isnt right. . . . Something just isnt right. . .
Pound for pound she is probably better than any of our other (male) fighters and she is a damm good footballer to boot.
Also she always come across as very down to earth and not a bloody prima donna up their own ar** like a lot of our other sportspeople.

Fair play to her and hopefull she remains injury free and takes home a gold.

wysiwyg

Pound for pound she is probably better than any of our other (male) fighters and she is a damm good footballer to boot.
Also she always come across as very down to earth and not a bloody prima donna up their own ar** like a lot of our other sportspeople.

Fair play to her and hopefull she remains injury free and takes home a gold.
My sentiments exactly.. really hope she remains fit and injury free.. It'd seem cruel not to get her chance after such a long wait, while excelling at her sport

tompatrick

My sentiments exactly.. really hope she remains fit and injury free.. It'd seem cruel not to get her chance after such a long wait, while excelling at her sport
Boob-beating is not a sport. . . I would put it in with arse slapping or crotch grabbing as an activity. . .

MsAnneThrope

I'm not a fan of boxing but I know how much this meant to Katie Taylor. A lovely young woman and her dream has just come true. This is great news for her and I hope she reaps the reward for all those long years of training. Go n'éirí an t-ádh leat Katie...

wysiwyg

I'm not a fan of boxing but I know how much this meant to Katie Taylor. A lovely young woman and her dream has just come true. This is great news for her and I hope she reaps the reward for all those long years of training. Go n'éirí an t-ádh leat Katie...
Jeez

MisAnnThrope... no coursing, no boxing.. what's the story with bloodsports and you.. can't people enjoy a little fun and barbarity

:D

Aindriu

+1 my sentiments exactly.

pd_phoenix

thats fantastic, at least we have some hope now of bringing something back from London

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies