• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Katie Taylor

RasherHash

Katie got the bollicks knocked out of her by all accounts but won... 😐 ...anyway.

She should hang up her gloves now and train future contenders.

Round tower

Agree she won at a push maybe 3 rounds, that waas waatching the fight live, yes she iss at the top of her career, get out at the top

Watcher2

Katie got the bollicks knocked out of her by all accounts but won... 😐 ...anyway.

She should hang up her gloves now and train future contenders.
I didn't see the match but you only posted what I assume was the last round. They knocked the bollix out of each other in that round. The Belgian did not connect with a number of her punches in the clip you posted. Taylor did block a few too. But I wouldn't discount her on that round as much as you appear to have done. The round probably went to the Belgian alright, but again, its only one round.

There should be a rematch. The boxing community need to get their act together too and stop all these different belts. There should be one belt, and one belt only. Ridiculous to have multiple world champions.

RasherHash

I didn't see the match but you only posted what I assume was the last round. They knocked the bollix out of each other in that round. The Belgian did not connect with a number of her punches in the clip you posted. Taylor did block a few too. But I wouldn't discount her on that round as much as you appear to have done. The round probably went to the Belgian alright, but again, its only one round.

There should be a rematch. The boxing community need to get their act together too and stop all these different belts. There should be one belt, and one belt only. Ridiculous to have multiple world champions.
I'm not knocking her btw, I have a lot of time for her and she has been a great representative for the country.

Any of the accounts I've seen say the same thing but as you say that's a small part of the fight.

Hillmanhunter1

As a general rule of thumb, and this has been the case since time immemorial, the challenger needs to knock out or at least stop the champ in order to win.

Notwithstanding the fact that Persoon had a belt, Taylor was the champ going into the fight, and Persoon did not stop her.

By contrast Ruiz stopped Joshua - and he is the new champ today.

Last edited:

the secretary

Go katie.
F u c k the begrudgers.

Black Swan

Just watched this fight.

Lack of discipline in the final round(s) almost got her KO'd, in a fight she should otherwise have comfortably won.

Her corner must have been shitting bricks.

PS - Well done Katie Taylor!

Last edited:

toughbutfair

As a general rule of thumb, and this has been the case since time immemorial, the challenger needs to knock out or at least stop the champ in order to win.

Notwithstanding the fact that Persoon had a belt, Taylor was the champ going into the fight, and Persoon did not stop her.

By contrast Ruiz stopped Joshua - and he is the new champ today.
Completely disagree. There is such rule , written or unwritten in boxing. I’m a huge boxing fan and have seen many a title change hands on points. The lighter weights have less power so points are common. I’ve never seen Katie fight so not commenting on her specifically

toughbutfair

I’ve been a huge fan of boxing for 35 years and have seen many a boxer stay around too long. I’ve never seen Katie box professionally so have no idea if she is declining or not but as women have a lot less power the risks are not there so she should stick around and make all the money she can.

cunnyfunt

Maximus Cynicus

Jaysus, this lodging of complaints is a new one on me. In days of yore, fights were settled in the ring. Now I didn’t see the entire fight - only snippets - but let’s be quite clear: we’re NOT talking daylight robbery of the Michael Conlan Olympics variety here. This was a genuinely close fight which BOTH participants probably thought they won at the final bell. The score card has been made public and it seems to indicate that while the Belgian landed more punches (jabs) KT landed more power blows. WRT David Hay and CF calling it for the Belgian, that’s grand - Tony Bellew disagreed. That’s the nature of close contests but at the end of the day, it’s the judges opinion that count.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies