• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Kelly - Fine Gael has no moral fibre

Ruadh

Labour is arguing for retention of the water charges?

Kelly wants to complete the remoulding of Labour into the Progressive Democrats.

Catalpast

Alan Kelly has turned on FG in Sindo this morning

This is what happens when power and careers trump principle - Independent.ie

Accuses them of putting their careers ahead of their principles

Says Enda is aware of the legal issues arising from not charging for water

Accuses Coveney of crying crocodile tears over Cork Harbour environment while jeopardising a new sewage treatment plant.
He is right of course - most Irish politicians would not know one end of a principle from another

But he is wrong as well

- politicians are there to serve the People

- and do their bidding

Clearly the People did not want or demand to pay directly for domestic water use

- hopefully the People have now been listened to

Mad as Fish

Alan Kelly has turned on FG in Sindo this morning

This is what happens when power and careers trump principle - Independent.ie

Accuses them of putting their careers ahead of their principles

Says Enda is aware of the legal issues arising from not charging for water

Accuses Coveney of crying crocodile tears over Cork Harbour environment while jeopardising a new sewage treatment plant.
Every EU country has some form of charge for water and waste.

Under Article 9 of the Water Framework Directive, the user or polluter must pay. Ireland had a derogation which has long since passed. The user or polluter will not pay now so we are in breach of the directive and hence the new government is knowingly acting in contravention of EU law. One could say it is acting ultra vires. The Taoiseach is certainly aware of these legal issues. It will result in massive fines for Ireland similar to other countries.

As the foremost authority on EU law, Prof Gavin Barrett of UCD has said "getting rid of water charges is definitely not in compliance with EU law".

What an echo that is of arguments being put forward on here by the FG/Lab/IW shills, word for word in fact! The trouble is he hasn't taken on board what a load of old bollux it is whereas the shills appear to have done so, either that or they are no longer being paid to peddle the tripe.

Catalpast

Every EU country has some form of charge for water and waste.

Under Article 9 of the Water Framework Directive, the user or polluter must pay. Ireland had a derogation which has long since passed. The user or polluter will not pay now so we are in breach of the directive and hence the new government is knowingly acting in contravention of EU law. One could say it is acting ultra vires. The Taoiseach is certainly aware of these legal issues. It will result in massive fines for Ireland similar to other countries.

As the foremost authority on EU law, Prof Gavin Barrett of UCD has said "getting rid of water charges is definitely not in compliance with EU law".

What an echo that is of arguments being put forward on here by the FG/Lab/IW shills, word for word in fact! The trouble is he hasn't taken on board what a load of old bollux it is whereas the shills appear to have done so, either that or they are no longer being paid to peddle the tripe.
F.cuk the EU!:-x

Hopefully Britain will vote to leave

- that will soften their cough!:cool:

Devil Eire

I'd like to know more about Alan Kelly's brother, and what involvements he might have with water infrastructures elsewhere. Declan Kelly is apparently a very influential man.

GDPR

Kelly is further distancing Labour from FG, and with the whole 'will we get our money back' over Irish Water, it's the correct play. Labour are in opposition, being critical of the apparent government to be, hardly surprising.

edwin

I'd like to know more about Alan Kelly's brother, and what involvements he might have with water infrastructures elsewhere. Declan Kelly is apparently a very influential man.
If you're of something then why not set the ball rolling?

dent

Is he wrong?
No, he's not wrong. Is this just down to Kenny being willing to agree with anything, to become Taoiseach again ? I'm disgusted FG are rolling over on this.

GDPR

Kelly is further distancing Labour from FG, and with the whole 'will we get our money back' over Irish Water, it's the correct play. Labour are in opposition, being critical of the apparent government to be, hardly surprising.
By digging themselves further into what appears to be a right wing hole?
I don't think so.

Mad as Fish

He must be making a play for the leadership;)
As labour survey the flattened, smoking ruins of what was once their party Alan Kelly suggests another nuclear bomb will put it all back together again.

GDPR

As labour survey the flattened, smoking ruins of what was once their party Alan Kelly suggests another nuclear bomb will put it all back together again.
He's very sore, God love him and he doesn't know what to be saying as he lashes out in all directions.

Lúidín

"This is what happens when power and careers trump principle" - Kelly
I hate it when separated couples start bad-mouthing each other. I like to think of all the good times before the election when they were happy together and very much in love.

GDPR

By digging themselves further into what appears to be a right wing hole?
I don't think so.
Don't know about a right ring hole, play for the centre ground I'd say and to take over from Burton.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies