• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ken Livingstone claims MI5 filmed abuse at Kincora boys home

parentheses

Ken Livingstone has claimed MI5 was filming abuse of boys at the Kincora home in Northern Ireland.

Their ultimate hope was to entrap a senior member of Ian Paisley's DUP although they were unsuccessful in this(perhaps because the DUP did not have paedo senior members).

It is pretty devastating though if Livingstone's claim is true

Ken MI5 by GF23 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Dub01

Not sure who is worse, the ones doing the abusing, or the ones filming it.

onlyasking

Ken Livingstone has claimed MI5 was filming abuse of boys at the Kincora home in Northern Ireland.

Their ultimate hope was to entrap a senior member of Ian Paisley's DUP although they were unsuccessful in this(perhaps because the DUP did not have paedo senior members).

It is pretty devastating though if Livingstone's claim is true

Ken MI5 by GF23 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
I don't think such a step would necessarily be an attempt to entrap members of a single group. The British intelligence services would have tried to acquire 'ownership' of every non-governmental party to the conflict. By definition, 'ownership' would indicate that they've got information that they are willing to hold back, in return for services.

The OD

FFS - It is Red Ken trying to regain support ...
Bit of a own goal in my opinion? If it's true, why is he only bringing it up now and if it isn't why is he lying about such a horrific subject for self promotion.

Red Ken is somewhat of a looney really.

Glaucon

FFS - It is Red Ken trying to regain support ...
I'd doubt it; how would this gain him support from the London electorate even if he were to try to run again? Most there probably aren't even aware that Northern Ireland is in the UK, never mind know the name ''Kincora''.

If true, this is an appalling revelation; but we'll need more evidence before making a judgement.

eskrimador

The OD

He brought it up in Parliament in the 1980s. The left of the Labour party made a fair bit of noise about it.

Fair enough, didn't know and so stand corrected.

Still not a fan of Ken though, he's a bit of a loon.

ffc

He's certainly a very egotistical self-publicist, though quite rational and sometimes far-sighted (other times just plain wrong). Agree with him on some stuff, against him on other stuff.
Probably the most successful, certainly most popular, radical left winger in recent British political history, from the Thames Barrier, to Gay rights, his unstinting defence of ethnic minorities and opening dialogue with Sinn Fein, the fares fair policy, the expansion of community policing throughout London, standing up to Thatcher at her cruelest, the London olympics, revamping interest in politics through his independent run for mayor, the congestion charge, single handedly saving the London Bus as a mainstream means of transport, free fares for children, oap's and the disabled. Hated and insulted his views on many issues are now accepted as the norm, even by those newspapers who called him "the most odious man in Britain.

He was, undoubtedly, a grumpy, miserable git, but he got the job done for millions of people.
He has rarely told a barefaced lie, I think he will be proven right on this one too.

Probably the most successful, certainly most popular, radical left winger in recent British political history, from the Thames Barrier, to Gay rights, his unstinting defence of ethnic minorities and opening dialogue with Sinn Fein, the fares fair policy, the expansion of community policing throughout London, standing up to Thatcher at her cruelest, the London olympics, revamping interest in politics through his independent run for mayor, the congestion charge, single handedly saving the London Bus as a mainstream means of transport, free fares for children, oap's and the disabled. Hated and insulted his views on many issues are now accepted as the norm, even by those newspapers who called him "the most odious man in Britain.

He was, undoubtedly, a grumpy, miserable git, but he got the job done for millions of people.
He has rarely told a barefaced lie, I think he will be proven right on this one too.
No question - he has done a lot of great work, and is personally honest. Against that, he really is a massive egotist and relentless self-publicist, and has been wrong on stuff too - the Falklands (admittedly I once shared the view), palling up with certain Islamists, defending the police after Jean Charles de Menezez's killing, etc.

ffc

No question - he has done a lot of great work, and is personally honest. Against that, he really is a massive egotist and relentless self-publicist, and has been wrong on stuff too - the Falklands (admittedly I once shared the view), palling up with certain Islamists, defending the police after Jean Charles de Menezez's killing, etc.
Certainly a self publicist, I remember him once riding an elephant around Brockwell Park, dressed in a traditional Sikh costume, being photographed by a scrum of Fleet Street's finest.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies