Kenny accepts responsibility for McNultygate. Won't do anything about it.

What should happen next over McNultygate?

• Kenny should resign

Votes: 109 46.0%
  • Humphreys should resign

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • McNulty should withdraw from the job and seanad candidateship

Votes: 81 34.2%
  • Nothing

Votes: 31 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derryman

Mc Nulty should withdraw his candidature--simple.

No It is not that simple. This government was elected on the promise of new open and transparent politics.
This man who made public speeches to that effect accepts sole responsibility. If he does not resign he should be replaced.
But that is not going to happen because labour are a disgusting insipid excuse for human beings never mind politicians.

sic transit

People have gone fpr less, croneyism. Did Bertie not say you appoint friends to these positions. Bertie appointed Tony Kett, and Maria Corrigan partner of his sidekick Joe Burke, to the senate
They have and there's still far too much of it but beyond the "outrage" of politicians and some journalists in the story has run its course.

sic transit

No It is not that simple. This government was elected on the promise of new open and transparent politics.
This man who made public speeches to that effect accepts sole responsibility. If he does not resign he should be replaced.
But that is not going to happen because labour are a disgusting insipid excuse for human beings never mind politicians.
That was one part of it. Mostly it was to "fix the country". They are doing that and it's all that will matter in the next election for most people.

derryman

That was one part of it. Mostly it was to "fix the country". They are doing that and it's all that will matter in the next election for most people.
A country can not be fixed while this corruption remains. It is only being band aided

Analyzer

"fix the country" ? for whom exactly ?

Funny business between the state and big players continues as before. A SiteServ for some eyes ?

Analyzer

Has Frank Flannery been available for comment on any of this ?

What about Plump Bunny's pal who was appointed to the board of the Ordnance Survey ?

sic transit

A country can not be fixed while this corruption remains. It is only being band aided
Not for the population at large. It's part of our DNA to get people we know to influence things. Yelling corruption about appointments to an entity that most wouldn't recognise (IMMA) and one that the majority think is a waste of money and space (Seanad) will not change anything. Those connected get themselves selected or nominated to all manner of positions at all levels of society and there is far more corruption and nepotism in local cumainn of all parties when it comes to candidate selection.

Last edited:

'orebel

sic transit

"fix the country" ? for whom exactly ?

Funny business between the state and big players continues as before. A SiteServ for some eyes ?
I know you have your own special view of the world but your average individual wants to know all about their pocket and would struggle to recognise those two people, maybe all three.

"Fixing the country" means making as many people as possible feel they are better off. Do that and they stand a good chance of being returned.

Analyzer

I know you have your own special view of the world but your average individual wants to know all about their pocket and would struggle to recognise those two people, maybe all three.

"Fixing the country" means making as many people as possible feel they are better off. Do that and they stand a good chance of being returned.
Ah right. Understood.

FG are just another FF. Two cheeks of the same ar5e. Bertonomics. Never mind the debt. Never mind the corrupt and wasteful institutional state. Let 800 quangos bloom, and fill them with party supporters. With LP as the amateur sidekick who are capable of nothing except PR.

Rural

They may have fixed "pockets" of the country, I don't know - But we are worse off (no jobs at all) and the towns in this County are rapidly dying!

On the bright side, Lidl and Aldi are doing well!:)

Analyzer

They may have fixed "pockets" of the country, I don't know - But we are worse off (no jobs at all) and the towns in this County are rapidly dying!

The Walmart effect. Everything descends to a subprime existence. The result of what Stephen Donnelly called "system capture".

Keep slogging away there folks, the Anglo Bondholders are part of the welfare state now.

Silvio Dante.

This is very strange.

Out of the blue, Enda taking all responsibility.

What is he really hiding?

Will he survive the weekend..?

Radix

I don't think we should dismiss this man and his vast experience in business. Running a Mace in a one horse town in Donegal means you have a lot to bring to public life.

Isn't all this just homely loveliness of a farcical nature? Kind hearted Taoiseach with a vision for The Hills, plucks obscure young man from his own tribe, promising him a Ceremonial Mace in the Senate he declared not fit for purpose, instead of running a Mace branch of BWG Foods for whom Dear Leader performed the official opening of a €2m cash and carry in his home town recently. Come to think of it, didn't Bertie occupy one of their cupboards for a while?

Enda is right to display his might, what's the point in being a King without a throne?

:)

niall78

Not for the population at large. It's part of our DNA to get people we know to influence things. Yelling corruption about appointments to an entity that most wouldn't recognise (IMMA) and one that the majority think is a waste of money and space (Seanad) will not change anything. Those connected get themselves selected or nominated to all manner of positions at all levels of society and there is far more corruption and nepotism in local cumainn of all parties when it comes to candidate selection.
Party hack defends corruption and blames 'DNA'.

The same party hack was hopping mad a few years ago about FF corruption.

A good reason to treat all party hacks - no matter who their team is - with utter contempt.

sic transit

I didn't say they had, merely that is what it means to an average individual. We are a long way off fixing but we are going in the right direction. Locally I don't see lot either but there have been minor improvements and a lot of 141 and 142 cars. It just takes a long time to happen, especially with a national unemployment rate of over 11%.

I like Lidl and Aldi but they are not quite cheap as they used to be.

Last edited:

sic transit

Party hack defends corruption and blames 'DNA'.

The same party hack was hopping mad a few years ago about FF corruption.

A good reason to treat all party hacks - no matter who their team is - with utter contempt.
Plus ca change .....

sic transit

This is very strange.

Out of the blue, Enda taking all responsibility.

What is he really hiding?

Will he survive the weekend..?
It should kill the story save in this bear pit.

Disillusioned democrat

So, where does a democracy go from here....the democratic leader admits to sh1tting on the democratic process, says "I'm responsible, sorry" then tries to move on and put it all behind him.....this is appalling....what are we supposed to do?

constitutionus

whats this McNultygate thing?

shure theres not been a thread on it all week !

:D :D :D

better late than never i suppose and now we know it takes the taoiseach being embroiled in a corruption scandal to get a blindingly OBVIOUS subject thats been all over the media its own thread on the site now.

how the FUK did kenny screw up to this magnitude? its a bloody senate nomination, a nothing story in real terms, and here he is having pissed off everyone from the militant feminists to the reluctant journos (who hate having to report it)

its truely amazing that this one KEEPS on giving. its actually got to the stage where people are talking about a split in FG and the possible return of lucy and co if endas given the shove !

personally my opinion is McNulty has to go. he cant get the nomination now without utter scorn and riducle being pored on all involved as even if he WAS qualified for the postion on the panal - his placement is now seen as a bertiesque stroke.

i mean FFS there even going on about voters having to show HQ officals their voting ballot before its cast, thats fuking zimbabwian levels of gombeenism.

should heather resign?

no.

cause she's done nothing except what she was told. which was the WHOLE point of putting her there, just like all the other ministers.

should Enda resign?

if he had the integrity he claims yes. but in reality this isnt big enough to topple him. though it HAS wounded him massively. people already see no difference between FF and FG. this just adds a measure of proof to it. TBH his real problem now is i reckon the next push is well and truely on in FG. It may take a while to bear fruit but the day of Leo or Simon is that much closer.....

....and all because enda did business as usual in irish politics.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies