• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kenny launches new YFG posters, says FG will rebuild country not just economy

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Enda Kenny has launched a new Young Fine Gael Poster today, and during the launch said that Fine Gael won't just rebuild the economy, but will rebuild the country.

I would like to ask young people who share our common interests of re-building Ireland to join us in striving for recovery, not just of the economy but also of national pride and strength of community. We all have a part to play.
Enda Kenny, Leader of Fine Gael

Biffomania

I hope part of his "New Direction" will include a rapid and comprehensive overhaul of Leinster House, its members, its ethics and its cost to the taxpayer. Including much more work and far less recesses. And board up that bar till we're back in Celtic Tiger Mark 2.

johnfás

At least they recognise that the country needs fundamental re-ordering. First step towards working out a policy to change things.

hiding behind a poster

I hope part of his "New Direction" will include a rapid and comprehensive overhaul of Leinster House, its members, its ethics and its cost to the taxpayer. Including much more work and far less recesses. And board up that bar till we're back in Celtic Tiger Mark 2.
Well Fine Gael have proposed lots of that. Good posters, too.

adamirer

that sign post would be in breach of the Offical Languages Act for giving English priority... poxy pc madness..

Its not bad, considering its YFG and their track record with posters...

Last edited:

ManOfReason

Faianna Fail's rebuttal:

farnaby

Bit risky having a 'vote for jobs' type poster after Lisbon II...

But rebuilding country and community is a great theme, hope it's expanded on when election campaigning really starts.

bokonon

I don't believe them. If they wanted to they could start now. As I posted elsewhere, and which I repeat here for the FG wonks:

FG & Labour are in a position of power as the government-in-waiting, yet they are allowing the current government to continue to rule with abandon. Cameron made use of his assumed elevation to power by warning third-party providers not to undertake public contracts that were against his policies as he would not honour these contracts.

When the Dail resumes, FG and Labour should recognise the current administration as hostile to the nation. Their position should be thus: Everything done in the remaining session will be undone and scrutinised once this administration falls. All contested legislation will be rolled back, every appointee will be fired, all contracts will be cancelled and investigated.

If any officer of the state is found to be complicit in corruption they will be prosecuted. Whistleblower legislation will rescue some, and they can start talking to us now. All civil servants will be advised that it is a crime to tamper with evidence, that the entirety of documentary evidence collected over Fianna Fail's tenure is their responsibility to secure because it will be sought, and if missing they will be prosecuted.

As the Ombudsman recommended this July, they should state their intention to introduce FOI to Anglo and to the Central Bank. All minutes of the bank guarantee and every meeting of the Anglo Board will be made public. Every penny through Anglo and Nama will be traced by an investigative body (perhaps CAB). The Justice system must be depoliticised: a public interest judicial body must be set up - I suggest Justice Kelly to head - which will review the DPP's and the gardai's inaction in the face of politicians' and bankers' crimes. This position will have the power to impeach judges and fire and if necessary prosecute gardai. It will remove and sanction any garda who perverted the course of justice to protect suspects with social status or political position.
So let's see you Fine Gael - are you actually up for this, or are you just talking about it?

Rocky

spotty

At long last, an opposition party is making an argument that recognises the need to turn the corner. However, it is important to note that in this case, the great minds of YFG have correctly predicted the future of an FG-Labour administration (should such an unthinkable travesty ever come to pass), which would be a hard turn to the left.

I can only imagine the hours of bickering and squabbling that the poor unfortunates in Blueshirt towers would have had to put up with from the legions of baby blueshirts, each convinced that his or her own design for a poster would single-handedly send the masses fleeing into the arms of Enda. Each budding young PJ Mara or Karl Rove will have been passionately arguing that the adoption of his colour scheme will capture the zeitgesit, or that some dumb-ass slogan he dreamed up in the back of his physics lecture would turn the tide.

No doubt, as the whole, shameful, squeaky-voiced, sweaty excercise reached a climax, the poor National Youth officer was forced to pick the least offensive piece of claptrap dreamed up, and declare it the chosen poster. I look forward to pictures of the photocall, where a gaggle of spotty young fellows strain every sinew to have their big roundy head pictured over blessed Enda's shoulder so they can practice their "statesmanlike" look in the vain hope of impressing a few middle aged women in the local FG branch and swaying them towards the virtues of awarding our young patriots a nomination for the UDC.

I thank the good lord every day that Ogra is nothing like it.

alltheway

What is ogra like?

I notice that you finished a post on the yfg conferance thread the exact same way with

" thank the good lord every day that Ogra is nothing like it"

hiding behind a poster

I don't believe them. If they wanted to they could start now. As I posted elsewhere, and which I repeat here for the FG wonks:

So let's see you Fine Gael - are you actually up for this, or are you just talking about it?
I think you're struggling with the basics of parliamentary democracy. FG and Labour do not "have the power". If they did, they'd be sitting on the government benches in the Dail, and be able to get things done that they wanted done. From Opposition, they can't. That's how governments, you know, function - by having the votes to do what they want to do.

spotty

What is ogra like?

I notice that you finished a post on the yfg conferance thread the exact same way with

" thank the good lord every day that Ogra is nothing like it"
Ogra is an incubus of level-headed, calm statesmanship. It is the very womb from which the great leaders of tomorrow are being born on a yearly basis. It's honoured name recalls the gaelic heritage of our party and country, and it's culture and traditions recall the great Republicans of years long since past. It's members, by and large, are quiet young people of determined soul and steel-forged spirit, who seek to serve their country with the quiet dignity that has always been at the centre of who we, as a party, are.

alltheway

Ogra is an incubus of level-headed, calm statesmanship. It is the very womb from which the great leaders of tomorrow are being born on a yearly basis. It's honoured name recalls the gaelic heritage of our party and country, and it's culture and traditions recall the great Republicans of years long since past. It's members, by and large, are quiet young people of determined soul and steel-forged spirit, who seek to serve their country with the quiet dignity that has always been at the centre of who we, as a party, are.
Ive had a tough day at work and that has just lifted the spirits no end, there are actual tears from laughter

Where did you come with that muck??????

bokonon

I think you're struggling with the basics of parliamentary democracy. FG and Labour do not "have the power". If they did, they'd be sitting on the government benches in the Dail, and be able to get things done that they wanted done. From Opposition, they can't. That's how governments, you know, function - by having the votes to do what they want to do.
That's not what I was saying. The point I was making is that they can limit the damage. Re-read what I said.