Kenny predicts his party will dominate over next decade

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
If they can assure to my satisfaction that we can trust them on immigration, and continue pushing for public-sector reform, they will have my vote in a General Election, provided the economy remains in its current state. As a former PD voter, I welcome their movement in the direction of the economic centre-right since 2007. I also welcome the fact that EK did not slap down Varadkar over his correct comments on immigration recently. Despite my differences with the party's positions over the year, I have always noted that FG is a more honest party than FF where political-ethics are concerned, and will be voting for them in the locals though not the euros this year.

Last edited:

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com
Dominate? Pretty bold statement for the leader of a party thats never once won a second term in govt, and only come close to the size of FF once.

ManOfReason

God almighty! You think he would have learned from the 'new shoes for the walk to Áras an Uachtaráin' mistake before the last election. Confidence is projected in the manner in which you behave not in some ham fisted bragging.

Oldira1

Why? They are pretty much the same party as Fianna Fail with a less seedier reputation and took a different side in the Civil War. No real reason why they should dominate.

Effin Effer!!!

I obviously wouldn't rule out that Fine Gael could be in government after the next General Election. But if that were to arise it would be as part of a very colourful rainbow coalition, meaning many different interest groups.

How Fine Gael and Enda Kenny of all people expect to DOMINATE Irish politics for the next decade under those circumstances is beyond me.

A Fine Gael led government would only serve to allow Fianna Fail the space to regroup, the people to forget (opposition point of view) and Fianna Fail to regain power again.

Over the last few weeks Kenny has been setting himself up for a big fall both nationally and within Fine Gael?

D

Duth Ealla

I obviously wouldn't rule out that Fine Gael could be in government after the next General Election. But if that were to arise it would be as part of a very colourful rainbow coalition, meaning many different interest groups.

How Fine Gael and Enda Kenny of all people expect to DOMINATE Irish politics for the next decade under those circumstances is beyond me.

A Fine Gael led government would only serve to allow Fianna Fail the space to regroup, the people to forget (opposition point of view) and Fianna Fail to regain power again.

Over the last few weeks Kenny has been setting himself up for a big fall both nationally and within Fine Gael?
A Fianna Gael govt. would represent a real change from the current lot. Phil Hogan would hopefully get a ministerial position because as he says he cant afford the levy and maybe Joe McHugh and Olwyn Enright might feel a decade in power will allow them to claim the double overnight allowance again. Fianna Gael is the same as FF but not as nakedly corrupt. Your not going to get much reform of the state from them even if they are more honest and decent.

Pauli

Why? They are pretty much the same party as Fianna Fail with a less seedier reputation and took a different side in the Civil War. No real reason why they should dominate.
The Civil War??? Still fighting that, are we?? Jeez!!!!

DJP

A lot of people should start getting used to Enda Kenny being our Taoiseach because he is going to be the next one chances are.

Effin Effer!!!

A lot of people should start getting used to Enda Kenny being our Taoiseach because he is going to be the next one chances are.

Oh here! Someone pass me a bucket please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wysiwyg

He'd make a good start by getting former party leaders like Garret Fitzgerald to shut up on national radio, saying things like there shouldn't be a general election, because there is no credible alternative

What does that say about Enda Kenny ?

Sensible Head

He'd make a good start by getting former party leaders like Garret Fitzgerald to shut up on national radio, saying things like there shouldn't be a general election, because there is no credible alternative

That Ole Garret is only saying what most people (outside FG) think ...?

PhoenixIreland

Website
www.huffingtonpost.com

I know! Coming from someone who made Lynch and CJHs economic damage much worse in the 80s I found that comment hillarious!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies