• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kenny Says the ERHA was warned about Leas Cross

pfkf

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has said the ERHA was warned of sub-standard conditions in Leas Cross Nursing Home ten months before the RTÉ Prime Time investigation was broadcast.

Mr Kenny described the Leas Cross scandal as social savagery and he criticised the HSE for failing to take action against the owners of the nursing home despite numerous warnings in the preceding year.

Yesterday the HSE blamed system failures for the situation that arose in the Leas Cross Nursing Home and said that, following the Prime Time investigation, they immediately moved to rectify the situation.

Mr Kenny said that inspectors were well aware of the conditions in the nursing home as early as August 2004.

He quoted directly from a letter sent to the ERHA by a healthcare management consultant outlining conditions he witnessed in the nursing home.

The author of the letter is Martin Hynes, who carried out an independent investigation into the death of former Leas Cross patient Peter McKenna.

During his visit to Leas Cross, Mr Hynes was accompanied by an inspector from the Health Board.

Mr Hynes also disputes the claims by the HSE that there is a robust system of inspections now in place.

- This is ridicoulas that they could try and play dumb, now we know what type of cover up merchants we have running things in our health service

jady88

Who cares what he says he is doomed!

hiding behind a poster

jady88 said:

And to think people accuse the Government parties of arrogance. :roll: But this is obviously the typical PD member's response to a disgraceful scandal that happened under the watch of the HSE, the Department of Health, and the Minister for Health - who just happens to be a PD.

You've got a lot of growing up to do, jady88.

jady88

hiding behind a poster said:
jady88 said:

And to think people accuse the Government parties of arrogance. :roll: But this is obviously the typical PD member's response to a disgraceful scandal that happened under the watch of the HSE, the Department of Health, and the Minister for Health - who just happens to be a PD.

You've got a lot of growing up to do, jady88.

arrogance? No realism. What he is saying is not new or relevant he is merely trying to capitalise on the horrendous suffering of patients. By the way it was our Health Minister who dealt with this issue, it has been going on for years, I say that from personal experience of relatives. Mary Hearney has been the best Minister for Health in decades and also the most honest!

alonso

sick reaction from a pd to a scandal that they allowed go unchecked. what exactly has harney done? list her achievements in health... and sorting out an issue after a tv show exposed it is not an achievement, it's an indictment. Whenever she sorts out the A&E crisis (as if) will you be claiming is as a victory for her vision as a leader or will you admit it's a victory for television as an informer

White Horse

jady88 said:
This must be the most cynical, arrogant, and callous post I have read on the site.

The substance of the original post was not about Enda Kenny. It was about the HSE.

You have zero concern for the people who were victimised in these institutions. Anything to score politics points at an opponent.

Sick.

jady88

White Horse said:
jady88 said:
This must be the most cynical, arrogant, and callous post I have read on the site.

The substance of the original post was not about Enda Kenny. It was about the HSE.

You have zero concern for the people who were victimised in these institutions. Anything to score politics points at an opponent.

Sick.
I am neither sick nor arrogant, I questioned why Enda felt the need to make such an announcement in the first place. It is his party and he himself who are all over the media today for saying what everyone already knows and feels. It is Enda Kenny who has used the suffering of these unfortunate people to try and get coverage for his failing party.
Don't takl about my concern you know nothing of my personal life and should not make such statements.

If true, this is worrying. Why was no action taken against leas Cross, why does it take humiliation for corrective action be to b taken in this country!
Underlines the lack of acountability in this country to.

You PD supporters make me sick if all yee can do is attack Enda Kenny. Go ask Mary to sort the mess in Health out.

It doesn't matter who the messenger is, what happened was wrong

alonso

jady88 said:
White Horse said:
jady88 said:

Sick.
I am neither sick nor arrogant, I questioned why Enda felt the need to make such an announcement in the first place. It is his party and he himself who are all over the media today for saying what everyone already knows and feels. It is Enda Kenny who has used the suffering of these unfortunate people to try and get coverage for his failing party.
Don't takl about my concern you know nothing of my personal life and should not make such statements.
he obviously made the announcement as it's the biggest issue of the week. YOu'd be the first to complain if he remained silent. It's the FF/PD axis that's allowing this suffering. How about answering my first post.. what the fck has harney done in health???

jady88

When has one PD supporter ever suggested that what happened in Leas Cross was not an abomination?
The tragedy of Leas Cross and other undiscovered "carehomes" should not be used as a political football and this is what he is doing.

Do you honeslty believe that these things didn't happen during other Government periods? At least Mary was open and transparent, look at FG's history.

alonso

brilliant repsonse... true pd bluster. never let the issue get in the way of a rant. Your politics now seem to be based around admitting that you're part of a ****ing shit govt, but sure the other lot were just as bad. I long for the day when the PD vote utterly collapses and they disappear back up FF's backside from whence they came

pfkf

alonso said:
brilliant repsonse... true pd bluster. never let the issue get in the way of a rant. Your politics now seem to be based around admitting that you're part of a f****** **** govt, but sure the other lot were just as bad. I long for the day when the PD vote utterly collapses and they disappear back up FF's backside from whence they came
I don't think you are the only one waitig for that to happen, they hold two ministries, justice and health, both have failed miserably in their portfolios, hopefully they will disapear after the next election

jady88

HA. Now who is being arrogant? FF will be in power next time round. That is a fact. Whether the PDs are with them or not i don't know. Where are the oppostion Labour are failing and Fine Gael spend all their time putting up new posters or trying to profit off old peoples suffering.
We haven't failed at all, start a MAry Hearney helath thread and i will gladly respond to your questions.

pfkf

jady88 said:
HA. Now who is being arrogant? FF will be in power next time round. That is a fact. Whether the PDs are with them or not i don't know. Where are the oppostion Labour are failing and Fine Gael spend all their time putting up new posters or trying to profit off old peoples suffering.
We haven't failed at all, start a MAry Hearney helath thread and i will gladly respond to your questions.
I think you will find that somebody has already asked to list out what Harney has done in health, and yet you still have to responed, funny that, maybe it's because she has done little and thus failed

alonso

you're the one who brought the name of the minister into this thread.. and by the way, the lady you worship so much spells her name HARNEY not hearney.

You have totally overstepped the line in your criticism of Kenny. You're obviously of the McDowell wing of the party where blasting gales of hot air are scattergunned across the opposition bows in a desperate attempt to divert attention away from your pathetic level of support, your total incompetence in justice and health, and your impending disappearance

ok i'll start a Mary Harney thread

jady88

alonso said:
you're the one who brought the name of the minister into this thread.. and by the way, the lady you worship so much spells her name HARNEY not hearney.

You have totally overstepped the line in your criticism of Kenny. You're obviously of the McDowell wing of the party where blasting gales of hot air are scattergunned across the opposition bows in a desperate attempt to divert attention away from your pathetic level of support, your total incompetence in justice and health, and your impending disappearance

ok i'll start a Mary Harney thread
Wondeful, and by the way i am a Young PD a difference if very subtle.

Rocky

It is the opposition job to bring up the faults of the current government, highlight them and attack them for it. If they didn't then there would be no pressure on the government to do anything right because most people wouldn’t know they were doing anything wrong and therefore they wouldn’t lose votes over it. Its how democracy works in our system.

Mary Harney knew this was happening long before it came out and the fact that she didn’t do anything to stop it. The minute she found out about it about did nothng is a massive failure on her part.

jady88

Rocky said:
It is the opposition job to bring up the faults of the current government, highlight them and attack them for it. If they didn't then there would be no pressure on the government to do anything right because most people wouldn’t know they were doing anything wrong and therefore they wouldn’t lose votes over it. Its how democracy works in our system.

Mary Harney knew this was happening long before it came out and the fact that she didn’t do anything to stop it. The minute she found out about it about did nothng is a massive failure on her part.
What where is your proof for this. That is actionable slander unless you can prove it by the way. If you can then i am shocked and appauled by it but i still believe in YPD and PD.

untouchable

Website
www.soldiersofdestiny.org
Irish Independent wed july 20th 2005

The Fianna Fail supporters who owned Leas Cross had referrals from a number of state run institutions before Mary Hearneys time,and some of the medical profession were extremely unhappy about it all.. :shock:

Doctor 'bullied' after expose at scandal home

A SENIOR psychologist who highlighted the treatment of a patient who died after being moved to the controversial Leas Cross nursing home has claimed he was bullied and harassed to such an extent he felt forced to resign.

Dr Mark Harrold, from Malahide, worked for 13 years for St Michael's House, Ballymun, Dublin, a voluntary centre for people with learning difficulties.

Dr Harrold yesterday claimed at an Employment Appeals Tribunal that the reaction of St Michael's to him standing up for patient and staff rights was to "go after" him, and "undermine" him in what was "textbook workplace bullying".

St Michael's House denies the allegations, and contend that Dr Harrold only resigned after accepting another job with a health board, having been interviewed while his dispute with St Michael's was continuing.

Dr Harrold said he first raised issues about the care of patient Peter McKenna in 2001. St Michael's House will claim it did not have the facilities to properly care for Mr McKenna, who was 60, and had Down's Syndrome and Alzheimer's. He was moved to Leas Cross in September 2001 where he died two weeks later in painful circumstances from blood poisoning.

Dr Harrold rejected two separate offers of internal investigations of his initial complaints because of concerns he had about members of the proposed inquiry teams.

Instead, he wrote to the then Health Minister Micheal Martin in June 2003, who passed on his complaints to the Eastern Regional Health Authority. They assigned former chief executive of the Irish Blood Transfusion Board, Martin Hynes, to investigate.

Mr Hynes's report exonerated St Michael's House, saying: "It is unsatisfactory to be enquiring into complaints when the person making them chooses not to engage in dialogue on them, and does not produce a shred of evidence in support of them." The Hynes report also found that St Michael's House had been right to move Mr McKenna to Leas Cross.

Dr Harrold said the report left him feeling "undermined and distressed".

rover

jady88 said:
That is actionable slander unless you can prove it by the way
are there ANY pd members on this site who arent braindead morons????