• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Kenny should sack his entire cabinet and then reappoint them on 80% of their existing salary. . .just like the nurses.

RobertW

Kenny should sack his entire cabinet and then reappoint them on 80% of their existing salary. . .just like the nurses.

I really must give credit to the HSE for this one.

Newly appointed nursing graduates are being appointed (unsuccessfully it seems due to an ongoing boycott) on 80% of the existing salary of a starting nurse by the HSE.

So why doesn't Enda Kenny extend this to his cabinet in order to save money?

Kenny should sack his entire cabinet and then reappoint them on 80% of their existing salaries as James Reilly seems to think this is a great idea to save money and employ full time nurses on 22,000 a year.

Of all our cabinet ministers would still be on a salary in excess of 100,000 a year.

emulator

Newly appointed nursing graduates are being appointed (unsuccessfully it seems due to an ongoing boycott) on 80% of the existing salary of a starting nurse by the HSE.

Kenny should sack his entire cabinet and then reappoint them on 80% of their existing salaries as James Reilly seems to think this is a great idea to save money and employ full time nurses on 22,000 a year.

Of all our cabinet ministers would still be on a salary in excess of 100,000 a year.
Good idea I think....

Fr.Ted Crilly

Not just ministers, all his TD's.
Can you imagine the panic........It'd be comedy gold to watch.

RobertW

Not just ministers, all his TD's.
Can you imagine the panic........It'd be comedy gold to watch.
Well he can't sack TDs. . . But why shouldn't these great ideas coming from the HSE not start at the top?

Why do they always have to start at the bottom?

GDPR

Well he can't sack TDs. . . But why shouldn't these great ideas coming from the HSE not start at the top?

One reason would be because the unions protect those at the top.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Because the one's at the bottom don't make the rules.
This kip is becoming more unequal by the day.
For shame.

RobertW

One reason would be because the unions protect those at the top.
And the guys at the very top don't need a union because there's no one above them to impose such cuts or restrictions on them. .

Hang on whilst I put my hand on heart and sing the national anthem with pride. . ."Sinne Fianna Fáil atá faoi . . ". **sobs**

Mrwoody

I feel the hatred of the politicians and politics in this country rising lately, or is it just me.

GDPR

And the guys at the very top don't need a union because there's no one above them to impose such cuts or restrictions on them. .
In fairness to them and it's not enough yet, but they've taken a sight more cuts in wages than you have.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
I feel the hatred of the politicians and politics in this country rising lately, or is it just me.
...oh it's rising all right, whether it makes any difference is another matter. I mean what actually matters these days? nothing seems to change the attitude of the top Enda220'000kpa brigade. He would'nt have the b*lls to do it.

RobertW

In fairness to them and it's not enough yet, but they've taken a sight more cuts in wages than you have.
They have yea. . . .on their first day in office too.

I'm worth more to Ireland than Ruairí Quinn though . . . But I get paid far far less.

PS - They could hardly justify paying themselves what the FFailures were paying to themselves.

GDPR

They have yea. . . .on their first day in office too.
There had already been deeper cuts than you have taken before they ever got their feet under the table.

I'm worth more to Ireland than Ruairí Quinn though . . . But I get paid far far less.
That may or may not be true, but either way it's not saying a lot.

Last edited:

asset test

Now hold on a minute... Would any hack put that out there in the Meeja?

Gold if they did.

Not holding my breath though.

RobertW

There had already been deeper cuts that you have taken before they ever got their feet under the table.
What does that say about their original salary considering after all their cuts that our cabinet ministers are still extremely well paid?

GDPR

What does that say about their original salary considering after all their cuts that our cabinet ministers are still extremely well paid?
They were vastly overpaid, now they're just overpaid, a bit like yourself.

RobertW

They were vastly overpaid, now they're just overpaid, a bit like yourself.
Didn't realise you had access to my payslip. . . . It wouldn't be the first time you don't deal with fact.

D

Deleted member 17573

Didn't realise you had access to my payslip. . . . It wouldn't be the first time you don't deal with fact.
Back to your OP - I have one very minor issue with your proposal, does he really, really have to reappoint them?

GDPR

You tell us you're a teacher Robert and I then work on the average.
Are you less than average Bobby?

Porkypie

It is getting so that some constituency offices are not opening their doors to the general public.