Kenny suggests he will stay on until a Northern Executive is formed

edwin

In comments during his trip to the US, Kenny obliquely suggested (and this was definitely the interpretation of the IT) that he won't step down until a Northern Executive is formed as it's a higher priority in the context of Brexit.

Kenny hints he will stay as Taoiseach until NI Executive is formed

This certainly seems to suggest a convenient new found interest in matters northern by the bould Enda. Not sure how Leo, Smon and the hyperventilating backbenchers would take to this though!

Great from an FF perspective if he sticks it out a while longer. Given his reasons for staying we can even blame Gerry for keeping him in power....petunia

Last edited:

Edo

if Varadkar , Coveney and co want the job - they are going to have take it - it was never going to be given on a plate........

Kenny is finished ...........but if the boys haven't got the balls to finish him off - then they aren't good enough for the job anyway.

Remember 2010 - hesitation is fatal - take him out and show no mercy -

flavirostris

Jack Nicholson in 'Departed' say's 'Nobody gives it to you, you have to take it'.

Varadkar should step up now.

Fullforward

In comments during his trip to the US, Kenny obliquely suggested (and this was definitely the interpretation of the IT) that he won't step down until a Northern Executive is formed as it's a higher priority in the context of Brexit.

This certainly seems to suggest a convenient new found interest in matters northern by the bould Enda. Not sure how Leo, Smon and the hyperventilating backbenchers would take to this though!

Great from an FF perspective if he sticks it out a while longer. Given his reasons for staying we can even blame Gerry for keeping him in power....petunia

Shows how little you know, the pressure will be piled on FF to pull the plug on their masters as industrial action grows as fast as a queue in any given Hospital. This circus will be great as FF and their owners FG rip themselves and each other apart.Wheres my popcorn? petunia

edwin

Shows how little you know, the pressure will be piled on FF to pull the plug on their masters as industrial action grows as fast as a queue in any given Hospital. This circus will be great as FF and their owners FG rip themselves and each other apart.Wheres my popcorn? petunia
Look up 'sense of humour' in your dictionary.

Fullforward

Kenny to Leo and Simon............

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

Translation: Come on boys, have a go and I will go to the Park and lets see how you manage our economically fooked party trying to finance an election. Enjoy having a split Party blaming you for removing the only Taoiseach who managed to get you to the top table two elections in a row as I sail off into the sunset with my massive pension.

gleeful

Kenny gave a great speech when he met Trump. I think he earned a stay of execution.

Pabilito

I started a thread recently on this subject called “Enda.. FG Leadership Issue dragged out Endalessly..”
But it was merged into the Fine Gale Leadership thread plus I was berated for not starting it in the Fine Gael forum by petaljam.. where is he\she\it now?

edwin

I started a thread recently on this subject called “Enda.. FG Leadership Issue dragged out Endalessly..”
But it was merged into the Fine Gale Leadership thread plus I was berated for not starting it in the Fine Gael forum by petaljam.. where is he\she\it now?
I do hope you're not going to tout in a fit of pique....

dub14

Kenny gave a great speech when he met Trump. I think he earned a stay of execution.
Seriously? Have you forgotten already how he detailed a meeting that er...... never took place. That was fobbed off as alternative facts or whatever the current term is for that sort of thing. Suddenly all is forgiven because he read a speech out that someone else wrote for him? give me a break !

ergo2

Better keep Enda on until the Pope comes, and Trump comes, and sensible politics in NI....................................

venusian

What a small little egomaniac BellEnda is! Wonderful to see him put his person above his debased FG party, never mind the people of Ireland, it will greatly assist the hatred of FG and FG'S future electoral failure , well done Kenny keep the destruction going!:)

Pabilito

I do hope you're not going to tout in a fit of pique....

I could get very nasty!.. anyway I think Enda's strategy is to kick the can down the road Endalessy..

He keeps saying that he will retire at some future stage and then when the time comes he says the same thing again ...a cute Mayo hoor

Last edited:

Ardillaun

Cows have come home, 12'th Imam is at the door and there's Enda still saving the nation. One vital quality for political leadership is utter shamelessness; our boy has it in spades.

west'sawake

Quelle Surprise! As I wrote in another thread when Enda said he will deal with the Leadership issue, later, he meant it. I never took it to mean he would retire when he got back. Rather that he would give clarity, now the sheep are getting it. Kudos to him for his self belief, or hubris, take your pick. But if Leo or Simon want it, they're going to have to go after it. You've got to hand it to F.G's most cunning, most ruthless, most brilliant of them all. Really though, it's great craic. Thank you Enda for the circus that keeps on giving us more and more clowns. You're playing a blinder as ring master. If not a blinder for the country, with your head in the sands of wishful thinking re the E.U. and Brexit. Not alone are we not at the right side of the table, we're not even at the table.

darkhorse

Think Enda is having a little laugh at the expense of the meeja.
He will be on his way fairly soon.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies